Gears and tlock install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
Region: Florida
Gears and tlock install

Hey, im looking to see if anyone knows bout ne good places in the miami, fl area who does good installs on a t-lock and rear end gears. Im looking for a good job done at a fair price and got no idea where to look. Any suggestions, recomendations? I hear it can get a lil pricey so id also appreciate maybe like a ballpark price on wat the install would cost. Thanx.

iceman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via Yahoo to Justin
Re: Gears and tlock install

i donno what it cost because i havent got mine yet....but dont look for the lowest price... i would go to the person with the highest respect in your town... gears crucial and if done wrong can mess some stuff up and cost more money in the end...i asked the same question about the price and i got 250 - 300 for gears...prolly more for t-lok also

(Project "TORQUE"):burnout:
Mods - Off Road H w/ Flowmaster 40s and 3" x 22" Tips, Shiftkit, Shorties, and 4.10s
Soon to come - UDPs, Off Road X-Pipe, A/T Cooler, and 03' Cobra Rims
Club - Tha Crew Leader of Muscle Car Division
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Gears and tlock install

not sure in your area but I can give you some tips. when you go and ask the shop if they do it talk to a mechanic and ask him about the specifications on the backlash, the pinion depth, the crush sleve, and the wear pattern on the gears. Ask in a way as to see how much they know about those areas. If they dont know or say its not needed go else where as such things are very important.

Another note pay more for a better job, if you pay less and get a crappy job... and the rear end fails then you are out all that money to do it over RIGHT this time... so save money, save time, do it right the first go around.

DONT BUY USED PARTS this is another way to do it right the first time.

I would get a list of potential shops you are interested in after talking to them, then google them and look for any issues people have had as well as check the BBB for complaints filed aginst them. The last thing you want is a year long war to get your car fixed right/money refunded. There is to much crap flying around to not do a bit of research first.

Finally get a warranty IN WRITING!!!! do NOT take the owners "word" unless you like bending over and taking it up the butt if you need warranty work. If the gears whine, they need to fix it (make sure thats listed) if they break with in XX miles they need to fix it, etc etc.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang