stupid question...... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Re: stupid question......

Originally Posted by ponyboy94 View Post
How much does an exhaust like yours cost and you said it sounded great. Also I'm looking in to a Kenwood with nav. but not sure if I have enough money for a amp what kind of speakers do you recommend. Thanks again I don't mean to bother you but you seem to know whats up with everything so, It does mean alot Thanks Ponyboy
rockford fosgate.

CAI with turbonator, Blk Cobra Rims(17x9frt, 10.5r), Plate BLKNES, Internal+external blue neons w/music interface, Blk MUSTANG letters r.bumper, Alpine Flip Out deck,(4 Rockford Fosgate 120RMS speakers, 4 way RF 600RMS Amp, 12" Audiopipe Sub 600RMS w/custom box, Mono Kicker 600RMS amp, kept mach tweeters), Blk Grille Mustang, Halo Headlights w/10K bulbs, SCT 9600, flowmaster dual exhaust. Soon to come; Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 gears with TLOK.
Blkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #37
Road Trip!
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Cool Re: stupid question......

From my 5 years of running exhaust on this thing , and even trying one of my grand national exahust setups on my mustang this is my conclusion.

First off this car has 6 cylinders, and an even firing order... It won't ever sound like a v8. It can be louder but never sound like one.

Personal Opinion and General Consensus seem to agree: original 40 series mufflers, H pipe/divorced duals, and long tubes gets you the best sound.

Mac's prochamber mid pipe will eliminate most of if not all the raspy sound over 2500 rpm at the sacrifice of a bit of volume.

Straight through mufflers (magnaflow/pypes/etc) will flow better than chambered mufflers but they sound like something that comes out of your behind.

Video goodness:
original 40s:

VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang