sc or turbo for a v6 auto - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
sc or turbo for a v6 auto

I have been looking at some sc kits and turbo kits for my 03' v6 auto. I just wanted to see if you guys had any pros and cons for both because ive heard turbos will give ya more hp but I dont care for the sound all that much. I just dont want my car to have that ricey whiney sound. you guys know what i mean...Any advice will be greatly appreciated... thanks
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: sc or turbo for a v6 auto

go turbo, dark has a turbo set up for his mustang... and from what i know, he's loving it.

i just purchased 2 t-4 turbos, and am going to buy piece by piece until i have the whole set and can throw it all together.

then kyle and read my license plate.... *****
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

decide if thats the route you really want to go and expect to invest far more money than you ever thought you would. Just ask darkshadow. If you decide its the right thing for you after really thinking about it and also thinking about the future and where you want to be with your car then I would go turbo.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Cool Re: sc or turbo for a v6 auto

why do i have to worry about stuff in the future, is there a lot of maintence with a turbo as oposed to a sc? anyone know the hp bonus % for a turbo and a sc?
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

depends what kind of turbo you put on the car... and whether u twin turbo it... and if you dont' map out the piping, you lose teh a/c... which blows.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Its not only about upkeep on the car. You need to decide if thats what you really want or if you want something else. It may be exactly what you want in a car. I would hate to know I spent 10 grand on a car only to have something I do not want... and make no mistake mod money is pretty much pissing away money, dont ever expect to get a dime of it back.

The upkeep is also going to be more, what happends if you blow the motor. Can you afford to rebuild it? having a modified car comes with a price and just be prepared to deal with what may come up. Do some research as well and make sure you will get what you expect to get out of the car. Bolting on a turbo wont make you run 10s with out other mods and so forth so know what you are getting into that way as well.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang