How much can i ask for? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #1

How much can i ask for?

How much do you think I should ask for if I want to sell my mustang?
It is an 2004 40th anniversary v6 mustang with manuel transmission with duel exhaust and cold air intake. It only has 25.000 miles on it. It look brand new!

Thankx
gasteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: How much can i ask for?

Kelly blue book is your friend,
Foxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Unfortunately, mustangs have a tendency to depreciate a good amount. Good if you're looking to buy, but bad if you want to sell.

Your 04 mustang only having 25000 miles isn't something you see everyday, so that is a plus. Exhaust and a CAI really won't increase what it's worth as mods seldom do unless you find the right person. I'd say no less than 7k if it's excellent shape. Depending on the person, the manual transmission will either be appealing or it won't. I'd say it's better to have the 5spd...just don't let any tom dick or harry test drive it and burn up the clutch.

Expect to get more for the car by selling it privately. Usually dealers will give you the lowest dollar amount on trade in so they can maximize their profit and recoup costs and fees to turn the car around. Unless you get lucky and they give a really good price on trade in.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

Also don't forget NADA
racefan966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

i see them here in florida all the time with your mods and mileage for anywhere between 7500-8900. so like sonic said take no less then 7k. but kelly blue book or nada will guide u better. every area is different. i've seen 03 cobras go for 14k with low mileage in bama.

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
i see them here in florida all the time with your mods and mileage for anywhere between 7500-8900. so like sonic said take no less then 7k. but kelly blue book or nada will guide u better. every area is different. i've seen 03 cobras go for 14k with low mileage in bama.
That is very true. Prices vary depending on location. There are places up here in wisconsin asking 21k for 03 cobra coupes with 60k miles. Those cars aren't too common up here so whenever one pops up for sale, it's usually priced way higher than it should be. As compared to say california or texas where more cobras are going to be for sale...you'll find them for both under normal asking prices and above.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang