Procharger installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Procharger installed

First of all I haft to say whats up.... I have not been on this forum for a while

Well I got my car back yesterday. It was 117 or meybe 111 degrees out? Any way it put out 272ishhp & 283ishtq on the dynojet with the 7psi and 3 core intercooler and 42lb injectors. I got about 6PSI out of it. I was expecting around meybe 295 -300 tq and around 285hp. Really hot that day though so I can't wait to get back there in the winter and get dyno'd then and see if she reacts better and gets the numbers I thought she would have gave. The heat out here in AZ is rediculaus. Oh and I'll haft to get them to e-mail me the dyno sheet cause there printer was acting up so he literaly smashed it LOL!

As for performance I like it a lot. It don't pull like I thought it would though but, it comes on real settle, not real intense but your doing 80 before ya know it LOL!!. Sounds great under the hood though too. Turns heads more than my exhaust LOL OH and I love the BOV!!, sounds badass when you get on it and shift. kchshshsh, kchshshsh LOL

Now for the bad part..... Freakin tranny is leaking again!!![:@] Got back home let it sit for a little while and moved it and saw a little red fluid. They just so called fixed it and put in a new output seal!! And it had to happen right after I put the supercharger in [&o] Stupid Ford can't get it right. Its been leaking all along before the blower was even put in. Ever since they dropped the tranny at 5,000 miles and opened her up I,ve had problems off and on ever since. This will be my 3rd or 4th time going in for this ****. Im going to bring the car in Monday to a different dealership. I have about 65- 70 miles on the SC and I had it installed yesterday... didn't really drive it to hard.... stay out of boost or only got to about 3 PSI if I was in boost. I know its not the blower. John ran like 465 ish TQ out of his mustang. Other people are running Nitrous and Rygen with his turbo. I guess Im stessing about the tranny more than I am enjoyoing the procharger. Man they better fix it. Not that they'll car but I got the reciet that show the day I left the shop with the blower installed 7/14/06. I want it fixed or I want my lemon of a tranny to be replaced.

Hopefully I'll get some pic and the dyno sheet posted soon.

ricklmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: Procharger installed

Who did the install and what did it run if I may ask? I am not sure which way to go, most bang for the buck?.
Sorry to hear about the trans leak, sounds like it is time for another dealership though.
Oh abd by the way it's 114 in Vegas today with some neighborhoods hittin 117, I think my Stangs gonna melt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cedar City 06 202.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	707.5 KB
ID:	13813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cedar City 06 207.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	689.9 KB
ID:	13814  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cedar City 06 021.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	757.0 KB
ID:	13815  
05STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Finally someone who can relate to this rediculaus heat. Are cars run 10 times slower!!! LOL MerchandiZer Demo Site did my installation. Ran me about $1200 with all the dyno time. They count the fuel injectors & guages as a seperate installation too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Just took her out again to night since it was a little bit cooler. All I got to say is wow! Can't wait for winter LOL The charger really can't perform in the heat as well as it can when its cool early in the morning or late at night.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #5

Region: Maryland

I am toying with the idea of moding my car in the future like yours. I was wondering...a) I use my car daily on an 80 mi roundtrip to work so gas milage is somewhat a consideration...what do you get now? b) Since this is my only car...what do you think the long term effects on reliability will be with a pretty serious mod such as yours? c) I live in Maryland and will travel to a really good shop for install...anyone know of any? Thanks...as always...please drive safely. The Greaser:worship:

2008 Mustang Bullitt*Brenspeed Performance Tune
Pype's Violators Axle Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIjQXCVhto
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

As for gas milege you'll haft to give me a few weeks. I have not even hit the initial 500 mile breakin period. After that I'll be sure to get the milege. I have 3.73 gears though so it won't be pretty.

As for long term affect I really can't tell you. I did go with the least amount of boost I could though (6psi produced, I think its a 7psi pulley) and the biggest intercooler I could (3 core) for longevity cause im not try to stroke her anytime soon LOL. See how the engine takes it in the next year or so. When Im daily driving Im not in boost. The boost starts to build at 3500 rpm with my set up. I shift at about 2700 - 3000 mostly 3000 when just driving around so I never really see boost unless its time to get around someone or you know LOL. it already bad enough it takes the engine to run the charger's. No sence in putting the stress on the engine if ya don't haft to ya know. I would recomend keeping the stock gears though if you drive highway a lot. Im in 5th gear at 45 50 mph with my 3:73's just to save gas and engine life on the street LOL The highway I don't like but hey..

Old 07-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

sweet, you made 7psi at 111*???

Not bad if you ask me...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang