Windstar Swap --PICS-- - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Windstar Swap --PICS--

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
lol. well i never said how much. ive been working since i was 12 so that helps. it kinda makes me sick thinking about all the money ive blown on the 6 that coulda been saved instead. however with the help of rob(purevenom) its been an awesome learning experience and hopefully ill be doing all my own mods from now on. so i cant say that i regret it as at least ill have a nice looking dd if i decide to keep it.

whats your major btw? i dont really know anyone on this forum around here thats still in college.
I am one year left hopefully.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

nice man. what are you going to get?
Red 1998 Mustang V6 5-Speed. Flowmaster True Dual Glasspack Exhaust, AM Cold Air Intake, Black Chrome Cobra 17x9 fronts, 17x10.5 rears, short throw shifter, rear bumper inserts, billet grill top and bottom with pony insert, chrome shorty antenna, chrome shift knob, halo headlights-HID's 8000k, smoked fog lights-HID's 8000k, custom radio and speakers, Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
well that is a long *** time to be saving. but yea i have spent a ton on mine too and i could have saved all that but i love it as my dd. i might end up selling it once i decide to get a cobra but im not sure yet. yours looks sick by the way. i love how you made it look like a cobra with the front end. ive done everything myself as far as mods so its been a good learning experience also.

but im not in college yet. i graduate high school June 4th. cant wait. but when i go to college in september i will be majoring in some sort of Criminal Justice or Justice Studies and then move on to Law School to be a Lawyer. whats your major?
damn thats a long time to wait. it does fly by pretty quick though. Im aiming for a Mechanical Engineering degree. I got another full year left and a couple classes after that.

Thanks for the complement btw. I just figures out how to upload pics. Ive installed the cobra fogs since then.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Whoa, I'm a criminal justice major right now! lol
pringle9666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Good majors guys...all of those are strong fields that offer nice paying jobs. I really wished I finished school and got my mechanical engineering degree. A few of my friends are doing engineering co-ops right now for companies making some decent coin.

Also, you might want to consider saving your v6 if you can. You may find yourself missing that car after you get another mustang. Maybe not the performance so much, but the fact that it was a car you put a lot of effort and time into to make it better, and especially if it was your first car like mine was. There's probably a 5% chance of getting the car back once you let it go, so keep that in mind.

Anyways, not to be a hardass, but let's try not hijack the op's thread too much...

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Good majors guys...all of those are strong fields that offer nice paying jobs. I really wished I finished school and got my mechanical engineering degree. A few of my friends are doing engineering co-ops right now for companies making some decent coin.

Also, you might want to consider saving your v6 if you can. You may find yourself missing that car after you get another mustang. Maybe not the performance so much, but the fact that it was a car you put a lot of effort and time into to make it better, and especially if it was your first car like mine was. There's probably a 5% chance of getting the car back once you let it go, so keep that in mind.

Anyways, not to be a hardass, but let's try not hijack the op's thread too much...

Good point. Does anyone know what the advertised horsepower increase is with this intake manifold?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
Good point. Does anyone know what the advertised horsepower increase is with this intake manifold?
it claims 8rwhp and 15rwtq on an unmodified engine. however i doubt that. i could see 5rwhp and 10rwtq though. there was a guy that picked up 10rwhp and 30rwtq with the addition of a procharger unit.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Not worth it performancewise in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
VAP says 6-8hp and 12-15tq for the 01-04's at peak output.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

thanks and yes im gonna do my best to keep the car. there are so many projects that id like to do though and i cant have an endless amount of cars either. but it is my first car and ive put hours of labor into it. i think the op has left the building as far as the topic goes anyway.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not worth it performancewise in my opinion.
true, however it is also a nice looking piece and really does clean up the engine bay. i wouldnt pay more than 250 for one though. not to mention name brand cai's cost 150-250 and dont give those kind of gains. also its still cheaper than buying a cai and p&p upper. just something to consider.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
true, however it is also a nice looking piece and really does clean up the engine bay. i wouldnt pay more than 250 for one though. not to mention name brand cai's cost 150-250 and dont give those kind of gains. also its still cheaper than buying a cai and p&p upper. just something to consider.
I agree that it looks good. But I heard people talking about the entire kit costing quite a bit.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree that it looks good. But I heard people talking about the entire kit costing quite a bit.
yea its about $400 from vap auto. it used to be a lot cheaper when it first came out. you can also buy the manifold from a junkyard yourself, but there are a lot of custom made pieces to make it work
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

hmmm i was gona say, thanks for the hijack, the last 15 posts wernt bout the swap anyway dont forget, i have other mods, exhaust, msd wires, tb, mainifold, tune, intake, all toghter it adds up. with thoes plus the addition of the windstar, i have to have over 200 to the wheels. its worth it in all ways, performance, looks, and its just coooool. the procharged guy gaind over 30tq with the windstar, so ud figure half of that goes to n/a cars, and 8hp on a stock car, atleast 10-15 on a modded one, expisally with a custom tune. ITS WORTH IT!!! o and the reason y a pNp intake isnt better then the windstar, is because of the runner leignth and design. the added width of the pNp runners dont flow more then the runners of the windstar.
mystanghurts04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yah really if you think about it, the gains are worth the money. If you have some of the basic mods like exhaust, CAI, tune (the tune being huge)...you should see the 10-15 rwhp from the intake...as long as the gains are real and dyno proven, I say go for the intake setup, good gain for the money.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
damn thats a long time to wait. it does fly by pretty quick though. Im aiming for a Mechanical Engineering degree. I got another full year left and a couple classes after that.

Thanks for the complement btw. I just figures out how to upload pics. Ive installed the cobra fogs since then.
yea i know i still have like 7 years to go. it is way too long of a wait. but i hope it does fly by fast. but good major.

and no problem. i bet it looks good with the fogs in there now. im still trying to find out how to put a picture in my signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringle9666 View Post
Whoa, I'm a criminal justice major right now! lol
how do you like it?

Quote:
i was thinking about that not too long ago. i dont know if i like the thought of getting rid of my v6.

but i do still want to maybe find a way to get one of these windstar intake manifolds for my 98 even they dont make it for it. i think it would be a fun project to work on.
Red 1998 Mustang V6 5-Speed. Flowmaster True Dual Glasspack Exhaust, AM Cold Air Intake, Black Chrome Cobra 17x9 fronts, 17x10.5 rears, short throw shifter, rear bumper inserts, billet grill top and bottom with pony insert, chrome shorty antenna, chrome shift knob, halo headlights-HID's 8000k, smoked fog lights-HID's 8000k, custom radio and speakers, Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol. well i never said how much. ive been working since i was 12 so that helps. it kinda makes me sick thinking about all the money ive blown on the 6 that coulda been saved instead. however with the help of rob(purevenom) its been an awesome learning experience and hopefully ill be doing all my own mods from now on. so i cant say that i regret it as at least ill have a nice looking dd if i decide to keep it.

whats your major btw? i dont really know anyone on this forum around here thats still in college.
still in college. lol 2 years to go. (business administration)

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Looks very Nice !! Great Job

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

Will this work on mine?
racefan966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

looks like u have a 96. IT WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU DO A SPLIT PORT SWAP.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Its a 98 and that is what I thought.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan966 View Post
Its a 98 and that is what I thought.
**** man you don't need that thing...at least performance wise

I guess if you wanted it for appearance that'd be nice...but I haven't seen a way yet for it to work on a single ported 94-98.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

there needs to be one for the 94-98's. i want one. it looks cool.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

I thought it would take head changes and everything so I will bag it. I have 497 hp already so I'm good.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #61

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to lemkerailroad1 Send a message via Yahoo to lemkerailroad1

ok guys, i am from the old school of 4bbl rods and i am in the process of getting a 98 v6, i am not familiar with fi swaps and crap like that, i have been reading this thread and others posted...........how much rwhp is this windstar 38 putting out in your car????? would it make more sense to do a 4.2 mod????????
lemkerailroad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan966 View Post
I thought it would take head changes and everything so I will bag it. I have 497 hp already so I'm good.
So do you already have the turbo installed in your car? It sais turbo soon to come in your sig.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemkerailroad1 View Post
ok guys, i am from the old school of 4bbl rods and i am in the process of getting a 98 v6, i am not familiar with fi swaps and crap like that, i have been reading this thread and others posted...........how much rwhp is this windstar 38 putting out in your car????? would it make more sense to do a 4.2 mod????????
To my knowledge, the windstar intake won't fit on the single port 94-98 v6 engines. The gains on the 99-04 v6's is situational: whether you have other mods and a tune...gains would probably be ~ 5-8hp and 8-12tq.

In your case I'd go big: stroking the engine out and slapping a supercharger or turbo on it.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

come on, more posts that have nothing to do with the swap, please no more work/school/96-98 questions. anyway, update... update-

intake is back into the fenderwall, just ended up using the filter that came with the orignal kit, but i had to use the old blue coupler cause the black one i just bought is to small, pics...

Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

looks sweet. nice job.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

IM gonna do the swap for several reason...Looks and Design are 2 MAJOR...i think it will be easier to intercool my Vortech with the throttle body facing the front...theres a guy on youtube that did it and looks sweet....the only thing that would concern me is the SHARP BEND the goes to the Vortech its self at the top!

04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

so......i'm still lost on the perk of making this move on the windsor intake. As silly as this question may or may not be.....just simply wanting to be filled in, and caught up to speed.

Do you gain that "supposed" 40hp on top of the 190hp or so you already have? Or, is the hp gain not quite as marginal as that?
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004 View Post
so......i'm still lost on the perk of making this move on the windsor intake. As silly as this question may or may not be.....just simply wanting to be filled in, and caught up to speed.

Do you gain that "supposed" 40hp on top of the 190hp or so you already have? Or, is the hp gain not quite as marginal as that?
hell no...if that was the case, there would be a serious demand for windstar intakes and salvage yards would be tickled pink.

I'd say 5-8hp and 8-12tq, and that's probably at the peak range. It's not a bad mod, pretty decent looking and some gains.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

i love when they just post and dont read all the above comments first. 40hp with just a windstar
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

*grins* thousand apologies.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang