sct xcal2 installed - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Re: sct xcal2 installed

Also, Smurfin is there any way you could find the link to the video you are referring to? I have looked for what seemed like a week and can't find it? Haha, thanks!
00StangV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #37
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00StangV6 View Post
Also, Smurfin is there any way you could find the link to the video you are referring to? I have looked for what seemed like a week and can't find it? Haha, thanks!
It is the "from a dig" video.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...highlight=spec

And the VMP guys will be in here shortly to answer your previous question.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Guys, Rob (smurfin) sent this over to me so that I could add some more information into the thread.

The SCT X-Calibrator V2 is the ultimate flash tuning device. It can read / clear trouble codes, datalog with a wideband like the LC-1, and hold multiple tunes.

A custom 91-93 octane performance tune from us will give you an addtional 7-12 hp and 7-12tq at the wheels. It will also slightly increase gas mileage. A gas mileage tune from us will give you 1-2 mpg better gas mileage and there will be no loss of power at WOT (wide open throttle).

Along with the increase in power you will also recieve increased throttle response(greatly improved for 05+ electronic throttle cars), firmer faster shifting(for automatics) a raised rev limiter, removed speed limiter, and your engine fan will be commanded to come on at a lower temperature so that your car runs cooler - helps get rid of that bogged down feeling in traffic for instance.

There are also several other things we do in the tunes to help increase the overall performance of the vehicle. We have tuned 100's of V6 Mustangs which gives us the experience necessary to safely tune your vehicle to its full potential.

Pretty much everything else that Rob said was right on the mark.

If you guys have any questions feel free to post in here, send me an email or call.

www.VMPTuning.com - SCT Chips, Flashers, and Dynotuning.
Phone: 321-206-9369
Email: Jason@VMPTuning.com
JasonVMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Just watched the video. You said that Cajun wasn't tuned, while the other mustang was. However, on Cajun's signature it says he is tuned. He couldnt keep up with that mustang, how come?
00StangV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00StangV6 View Post
Just watched the video. You said that Cajun wasn't tuned, while the other mustang was. However, on Cajun's signature it says he is tuned. He couldnt keep up with that mustang, how come?
Because at the time of that video...he was not tuned. He just got tuned this week. That video is from a couple weeks ago.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

yea i got tuned tuesday of this week.... when we did the video... all i had done was k&n air filter, and flowmaster 40 dumped exhaust... now since tuesday, add the tuner... and i can keep up with red car 8)
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #42
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
yea i got tuned tuesday of this week.... when we did the video... all i had done was k&n air filter, and flowmaster 40 dumped exhaust... now since tuesday, add the tuner... and i can keep up with red car 8)
You "THINK" you can keep up with the red car. Cody may not have went as nuts with your tune...plus, he is teh ubber cool 3.9... I know your shift points probably aren't as agressive as Kyles...
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
it was a 99 3.8 liter, then he dropped a 03 gt engine in it with all built internals and under body. just the fact that i can keep up with him is good enough for me
noway in hell you're keeping with him in the v6
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:49 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

What exactly is a built under body? Did he get new floor pans or something?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #45
Regular

Region: Tennessee

All built internals doesnt mean much. I can forge the piss out of a stock v6 mustang and it will still have 150 hp

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

wtf i didn't type exactly that!!! lol i said i should beable to be close to the red car
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang