Me vs. 99stang99 (from 3.8) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2003, 12:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
Me vs. 99stang99 (from 3.8)

A cool race, just made my day....

We lined up at the light. Both of us get a really bad launch, towards the end of 1st I had a car on him, shift to 2nd - I'm pulling away even more, 3rd - I just walked all over him. We both agreed on another race, so we turn around, and line up at the light again.. He gets a better launch this time (I DON'T ), and gets a car length on me, through 1st I'm going past him, at the 1-2nd gear shift, his front bumper is at my door, in 2nd I'm just pulling away... I shut down at the top of 2nd, having like 4 car lengths on him. Good race..

Him: 99 Mustang V6, 5-speed, densecharger, magnaflow exhaust, I think pulleys, and some other ****...
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2003, 12:09 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
what car was this in?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:31 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Probe??
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2003, 01:59 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to duncan mcdougal
what times does your probe run? Did they make a probe with awd like the talon?
duncan mcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to NOStang00 Send a message via Yahoo to NOStang00
since when does a probe run like a Camaro? :
NOStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStang00
since when does a probe run like a Camaro? :
:
Mustang007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Probe: J-Spec-MAZDA KLZE motor (V6), that is supposed to put me in the low 14s...
I don't think I'm there yet though - I need more practice.......

Click here, for more information on what I have done to my car:
http://members.cardomain.com/darkentity

No, I have no taken it to the track yet, and looks like won't go in a while - since I either blew out my head gasket, or bent some valves this Saturday night. Whichever, something pretty ****in' bad.. I messed up.

It's a FWD, with 225/50R16 KUMHO ECSTA Supra tires

It doesn't take much to get 2800lbs moving
Old 10-06-2003, 06:17 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
not bad for a basically stock 99 plus vs an engine swapped probe.
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:51 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
yea lol if i put a diff engine in my car i damn better be able to beat a 99 up near stock v6 by more than a couple cars.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:50 PM   #10

This is me (99stang99) from 3.8mustang.com
DarkE is bull ****ting to you guys. All I have is a Densecharger with a Magnaflow "Muffler" not exhaust. I dont have a pulley or anything else for that matter. And in the race, DarkE barely had 2 car lengths total! not even close to 3 car lengths. My friends saw the race and even said so that it was not even 3 car lenths. 2 at max. And if you ask me, thats pretty pathetic that he would have to lie about this.
99mustangv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:34 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

lol thats funny did he get in good runs ? dont want him to be saying he missed a gear or his vtec didnt spool up, spun to much ect.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustangv6
DarkE is bull ****ting to you guys. All I have is a Densecharger with a Magnaflow "Muffler" not exhaust. I dont have a pulley or anything else for that matter. And in the race, DarkE barely had 2 car lengths total! not even close to 3 car lengths. My friends saw the race and even said so that it was not even 3 car lenths. 2 at max. And if you ask me, thats pretty pathetic that he would have to lie about this.

LOL go to a probe board or some ricer forum DE and take ur KLZHDHGOEI engine with u. I was tired of his trailer trash 5 weeks ago.
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 12:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
WTF!!!! Ok, I got your exhaust system wrong

You looked a lot further away in my rear view mirror than 2 car lengths, WITH my bad launch - STFU! Bejart was too far back driving behind ME to actually measure the car length distance. I OWNED you - face it... BUT for the sake of preventing a worthless internet argument, WE ARE RACING AGAIN - and this time we're finding someone with a ****ing CAMERA! You ON?

I got something for ya..
Old 10-11-2003, 12:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
Quote:

LOL go to a probe board or some ricer forum DE and take ur KLZHDHGOEI engine with u. I was tired of his trailer trash 5 weeks ago.
uhhh.. dude.. You live in bum **** Ohio.. Who are you calling trash here?

Go back to your stupid farm, loser
Old 10-11-2003, 08:14 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

DE, do you do your own engine swaps or take them somewhere to be done? It seems like you do them very quickly and everybody else that does engine swaps, it takes weeks and/or a month or two.
MaestroSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroSC
DE, do you do your own engine swaps or take them somewhere to be done? It seems like you do them very quickly and everybody else that does engine swaps, it takes weeks and/or a month or two.
We do them ourselves.... The club I'm in has it's own little shop - we have an engine lift there, and every tool you possibly need. Right now I have literally half of my engine pulled apart (see thread in Off-Topic), it only took me and this one dude like 4-5 hours to do that. (and this we're doing at my house... since I have no way to get the car to the shop) These people I do this **** with, already done these things on these cars quite a few times, so they know what to do, and where.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
First off I swap engines in a day, but I am no beginner!! I can swap a motor quicker than you can swap heads and that is a fact

MusclesFromBrussels Refain from personal attacks all are welcome to post here

99mustangv6 Welcome to this site. But In what you posted and what Alex (DE) posted there is not much differences. whether 2 or 3 car lengths that is subjective and hard to tell from a rear view. So no big deal, but for you to post he is pathetic and a liar is rather unneccessary and will stop right now. If you disagree with the outcome of the race please PM each other or race again but dont be ***** monkeys on the board

everyone have a great day
Old 10-11-2003, 10:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I had the hookup that you do DE. That's good stuff. I thought about taking a "Mechanics" class at the local community college just to have those resources to play with. But I have enough on my plate with the Master's classes.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:40 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
First off I swap engines in a day, but I am no beginner!! I can swap a motor quicker than you can swap heads and that is a fact
Note to self, meet up with Corey for any engine work.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Note to self, meet up with Corey for any engine work.
word
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wish I had the hookup that you do DE. That's good stuff. I thought about taking a "Mechanics" class at the local community college just to have those resources to play with. But I have enough on my plate with the Master's classes.
It's not really hook-ups... just a cool group of people who like cars..
Old 10-11-2003, 11:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

So why couldn't you put one of those JSpec thingys in a Mustang or possibly another HO V6 engine? It seems that everbody that posts engine swap stories from their mustangs says either:
1. It's a waste of money
2. It's a waste of time
3. It won't work
etc...
Old 10-11-2003, 11:25 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So why couldn't you put one of those JSpec thingys in a Mustang or possibly another HO V6 engine? It seems that everbody that posts engine swap stories from their mustangs says either:
1. It's a waste of money
2. It's a waste of time
3. It won't work
etc...
I'm sorry, I really don't know about Mustang engine upgrades, and the work that goes into it. My best guess would be - the actual engine mounting. For me it was a direct swap, you pretty much just pull the old one out, and drop the new one in - it being mounted perfectly right on the dot without having to modify anything. I also don't know the price for the Mustang engine upgrades... My motor *shipped* costs anywhere from $850, to $1,250. It's all about 1-3 days work to drop it in, it was a lot easier for me - since the car already didn't have one under the hood when I bought it, so we didn't have to waste time pulling out the old motor. We dropped the new one in, in one day - but it looks like I did a pretty ****ty job on my part. When we were taking it apart yesterday, I've noticed that a lot of vacuum hoses, and even the the valve cover on the rear head was no on tight! That means I was losing compression, and had pressure leaks all over that place - which explains why my car ran slower then I expected it to. Hopefully now I'll have it done right, I got pissed and just cut off a lot of the hoses since they were not doing their job - gonna order a whole new set Besides, there are no gear upgrades for my car (that I know of.. at least), so it's possible that's a better option for the Mustang to get that instead of dropping in a whole new motor. I don't have that option, so we do the next best thing, is upgrade to a JDM motor that is pushing out more horsepower, and torque.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Like DE said the motors they swap in will direct swap. Problem with our mustangs is that other motors are not direct swap without work. swapping from a 94-98 to a 99+ is complicated by the change in fuel systems more than anything. the block will drop in fine and bolt up just the wiring , throttle cables and fuel, system need to be adapted. Going to a V8 becomes even harder unless you have a wrecked donor car to take everything you need for the swap
Old 10-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

the only way to tell which car is faster is track times...not camera footage.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:05 PM   #26

Quote:
lol thats funny did he get in good runs ? dont want him to be saying he missed a gear or his vtec didnt spool up, spun to much ect.
actually i beat him 2 times when he "missed a gear" but after he got his shifting down he got me.

Quote:
You looked a lot further away in my rear view mirror than 2 car lengths, WITH my bad launch - STFU! Bejart was too far back driving behind ME to actually measure the car length distance. I OWNED you - face it... BUT for the sake of preventing a worthless internet argument, WE ARE RACING AGAIN - and this time we're finding someone with a ****ing CAMERA! You ON?
Sure whenever you want. And hopefully this time I wont peel out all the way through first as I did last time.
99mustangv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
actually i beat him 2 times when he "missed a gear" but after he got his shifting down he got me.
heh, right

Quote:
Sure whenever you want. And hopefully this time I wont peel out all the way through first as I did last time.
peel out, don't peel out - doesn't make much difference to me...
you're not gonna beat me, and you know it...

Besides, I dunno WTF you complaining about - you got MUCH better launches than me, both times... Off the line you had me, then once I let off the gas pedal, and pressed it again to not spin tires, hit 4,000RPM and started passing you up - IN 1ST GEAR, and kept pulling away after that..
Old 10-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #28
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DarkEntity:.
Quote:
heh, right

Quote:
peel out, don't peel out - doesn't make much difference to me...
you're not gonna beat me, and you know it...

Besides, I dunno WTF you complaining about - you got MUCH better launches than me, both times... Off the line you had me, then once I let off the gas pedal, and pressed it again to not spin tires, hit 4,000RPM and started passing you up - IN 1ST GEAR, and kept pulling away after that..
You guys ever hear of a video camera?

Since you didnt have one and have no proof of who beat who quit complaing

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang