NGK Plugs for V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

NGK Plugs for V6

Hey everyone how's it going? I just want to know if you guys recommend NGK plugs? If not, what kind should I go with to get the best performance? But if I should go with the NGK's What web site sells them for a 03 3.8 Mustang? I live in a small town in Texas called Abilene. All of our local automotive stores don't carry NGK. Please I can really use your help. I just want to get the most out of my car. Thanks...

CURRENT MODS: Mac CAI, GT Take-Offs (Exhaust), & Raised Gas Pedal

FUTURE MODS: 4.10 Gears, T-Lok, Ford F2 Chip,
ASP Underdrive Pulley, Lowering Springs, 17X9 Chrome Bullet Rims, 275X40ZR17 Kumho Ecsta MX, & Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Donny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2003, 06:00 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Ok here is the real deal on Sparkplugs. They deliver Spark. There is no magical HP to be gained by switching to High dollar spark plugs especially on a stock or near stock motor. But for me and most of the V6 guys around here will tell you Motorcraft or Autolite copper work well with our motors.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:40 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
dont waste your money.

I saw some spark plugs on ebay for like 60 bucks.
just spend like 3 bucks on a pack of 2. or less. lol.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

NGK PLugs ?

Thanks Guys for your inputs. I think I will stick with Motorcraft.

CURRENT MODS: Mac CAI, GT Take-Offs (Exhaust), & Raised Gas Pedal

FUTURE MODS: 4.10 Gears, T-Lok, Ford F2 Chip,
ASP Underdrive Pulley, Lowering Springs, 17X9 Chrome Bullet Rims, 275X40ZR17 Kumho Ecsta MX, & Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Donny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

That is a wise idea and save you money
Old 10-08-2003, 02:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to TheSarge Send a message via AIM to TheSarge Send a message via Yahoo to TheSarge
Platinum +4 are expensive, but I have the same set in my 93 Suburban I've had for 3 years and over 60k miles... still clean and firing great and NO GAPPING!

SEMPER FI!!
TheSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Platinum plugs are always a good choice because they will last thousands of years.
Really, they ARE super durable.

I push NGK at the parts house where I work not because they tap into vast pools of hidden HP, but because with their V-cut electrode, they will still get a spark across even if there's a lot of carbon buildup, therefore they maintain your efficiency a lot longer. That's the principle behind Accel plugs (really Nippondensos), Splitfire, AC Rapidfire, et al.

Don't get me wrong, Motorcraft/Autolite are excellent plugs--the best testimony I can give them is that they are HARD to foul out! Very reliable plugs. But NGK's have NEVER let me down in Fords, Chevys, or anything else I've put them in.

Danger Dude can tell you that plugs are a lot like motor oil. Everyone's pushing their brand, but there is precious little actual proof that one is better than the other.

Biggest thing is to go with the plug you feel is good for your ride, and not rely on hype to steer you around. After all, the 'Stang is all about good times!

Tin Kicker

Peace, love, 'Stangs.
2003 White 3.8/Auto/No mods YET. Now considering what massive horsepower mod to do first.
Tin Kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 06:10 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

NO my basic problem with all the expensive plugs is the diminished results on the dyno. The fact is bifferent brands of sparkplug behave differently. I had platinum plugs on my Trooper started acting weird and started pulling plugs and I found 2 platinum tips gone, lost in the engine. The fact is brand new Sparkplugs act real impressive on the first 6 or 7 pulls on a dyno then after that they are all about the same. Dyno after Dyno claims of Accel plugs, Splitfire, AC Rapidfire,and Platinums fall way short. Interesting note though.

Will at Extreme Velocity said the biggest gains from a spark plug he has seen were from champion for 5 or 6 pull on the dyno they were worth 8 hp then any pulls after that they were down to base HP. Interesting isn't it !!!
Old 10-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'll believe a dyno test anytime...my thoughts came from my customers' real-life experiences, and my own.

The Champion tests make me wonder if they've got a super-secret coating on their electrodes that's wearing off...

Danger Dude, were the plugs in your Trooper Bosch's? The guys at our local AutoZone tell me that the quality is going steadily down. Bosch has probably cut their costs so much to be able to sell to the Zone that their quality control has slacked.

Tin Kicker

Peace, love, 'Stangs.
2003 White 3.8/Auto/No mods YET. Now considering what massive horsepower mod to do first.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes they were bosch !!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Confirmation is sweet! I knew I was trashing Bosch's reputation for a good reason.

Tin Kicker

Peace, love, 'Stangs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang