PONY PACK - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #1

Region: Canada
Lightbulb PONY PACK

ok so i got an '06 stang and didn't have the pony package on it. My 2004 was bought used with 1000km on it and it had 05 17" rims (don't ask y cuz i don't know who ever did it was a fool it rubbed REALLY BAD) and i took them off and put them on this car. I want to get the grill and the fog lights too. Is this going to be hard to do or can it be done at all?? You guys keep talking about 05 take off exhaust and I KNOW I have seen a few wrecked 05+ stangs already... (a few of them have made the papers cuz it was pritty bad) NOW if I can get the lights, the grill, the wires and the switch all in good condition (or if I have to order something) Is it going to be hard to do this. Am i going to need the wires or does mine have it just not hooked up? Is it worth my time or should I just buy a body kit and lights in a few years when I have the $?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: PONY PACK

I'm really not sure what all you need. It shouldn't be too hard though. You may have to do a little splicing on the wires but it can't be too bad.

I just had to stop in and say you have the best username ever.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnuts View Post
ok so i got an '06 stang and didn't have the pony package on it. My 2004 was bought used with 1000km on it and it had 05 17" rims (don't ask y cuz i don't know who ever did it was a fool it rubbed REALLY BAD) and i took them off and put them on this car. I want to get the grill and the fog lights too. Is this going to be hard to do or can it be done at all?? You guys keep talking about 05 take off exhaust and I KNOW I have seen a few wrecked 05+ stangs already... (a few of them have made the papers cuz it was pritty bad) NOW if I can get the lights, the grill, the wires and the switch all in good condition (or if I have to order something) Is it going to be hard to do this. Am i going to need the wires or does mine have it just not hooked up? Is it worth my time or should I just buy a body kit and lights in a few years when I have the $?

Forget the fogs, I hate that look and IMO the V6 looks tons better than a GT
because of lack of foglights... But that's just me. I'd make it look unique the
way YOU want it to look, not like another factory clone. That's "Just Me" again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

The grille & lights are an easy install . on mine i just used a nice switch from painless and wired the lights through a heavy duty relay . I heard a lot of people tried to add GT grilles & lights and ran into problems using the GT switch because of harness differences . Maybe the pony switch is a plug & play deal , maybe someone can help you with that
gasman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

P.S ,which grille are you wanting to use ? the pony grille & lights aren't that expensive and the GT grille wont fit properly
Old 08-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

"Dare to be Different I say... go for your own unique look.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #7

Region: Canada

thanks guys I wanted to use the gt parts but my worst fear was that the harnest was different and if it is then screw it hahaha. I will have to look for legal fog lights cuz the stuff from say wal-mart are not street legal here. I do like the way my grill looks I just thought it would be easy to swap it all over. The placement of the fog lights on the gt looked kinda rally like and not mustang like to me too. I figured I would do it for now untill I can buy a body kit and change it all. Oh well thanks again
Old 08-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

it shouldnt be to hard to make work.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636

To use the GT grill and lights, you might need the GT front bumper cover, but not sure, I think the pony pkg fogs and grills look better than the GT ones. My fog light switch is integrated into the the headlight switch, a lot like Chrysler does it.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The GT grille is slightly larger than the V6 grille opening , by almost 1/4 inch in width . It can be done but doesnt look quite right . my brother in law tried on his 05 .The V6 pony grille is a perfect fit with no mods other than wiring the lights
Old 10-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636

If you want a pony grill check ebay, watch out on the prices though, I have seen all sorts of different prices, someone today wanted like over 400, that is nuts! Maybe if you ordered it from Ford, lol.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

you can get it cheaper from the dealer .especially if you know someone who has a parts account . My pony grille & lights were only $167. 00 . Tha harness extensions for the lamps were 24.00 each .
Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

I only bought mine because of the pony package. Given I like the larger GT fogs but i like these chrome bezels much better. Much more retro. Id never have a 05+ without them.
1quikV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Do the V6 pony fog lights and spend the extra doe! You don't want to worry about trying to make after market non OEM work. By the way the GT take off parts come from companies like Saleen, Roush Etc buying GT and modding them so there is an abundance of GT parts out there for us to grab. Check into getting side skirts $100 and take 20 minutes but make the car look a little different.

without the side skirts

With
www.tungstengreyregistry.com member #001
My Ride

rmays06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

just get the entire GT front/rear valances as well.
Built 13.1:1 compression B18C1
Old 11-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i got the GT rocker moldings ($89)and GT rear bumper cover ($122)for my 05 V6 coupe on EBAY from Diversified Products . real nice takeoff peices and relatively cheap .good company to deal with .
Old 11-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I did love spanking an older Z28 with the stock 4.0L.... made me feel good =D

Would really confuse him if Id had the GT rear valance lol
Built 13.1:1 compression B18C1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang