New CEL's... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: New CEL's...

On a note relating to the purpose of the thread:

I decided to put my old Diablo chip in to see if it fixed the miss and sure enough, no more miss. I suspect the other place pulled to much timing out.

So now it looks like anything mechanical is ruled out, it must be the tune now.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to white95v6

whoa. lol. i remember you saying 10-11 psi. thats where it ended up when it was pulled off the dyno.

the maf thing was cause you had a Stock sensor in a Tube. and we told you it was haveing trouble reading in that Tube(different size then stock) soo we put in a 80mm MAF sensor. fix those problems. and those problems was some of the reasons for the extra pulls. and then we had to figure out you Junk boost controller that did not adjust like the instructions said. not realy sure what was up with that. also i wired in that MAF extender that seemed not to work.

i am not sure what happend with who you talked to about coming to get it that one day. and i am sorry that mix up happened. i think you talked to Mike?

umm i thought i had told you in a PM that we would adjust the tune alittle if you was not happy with it. but i maybe wrong on that,

oh and on a Side note. most tuners would have took it back off the dyno and told you take it back home and fix all that was wrong.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
white95v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95v6 View Post
whoa. lol. i remember you saying 10-11 psi. thats where it ended up when it was pulled off the dyno.

the maf thing was cause you had a Stock sensor in a Tube. and we told you it was haveing trouble reading in that Tube(different size then stock) soo we put in a 80mm MAF sensor. fix those problems. and those problems was some of the reasons for the extra pulls. and then we had to figure out you Junk boost controller that did not adjust like the instructions said. not realy sure what was up with that. also i wired in that MAF extender that seemed not to work.

i am not sure what happend with who you talked to about coming to get it that one day. and i am sorry that mix up happened. i think you talked to Mike?

umm i thought i had told you in a PM that we would adjust the tune alittle if you was not happy with it. but i maybe wrong on that,

oh and on a Side note. most tuners would have took it back off the dyno and told you take it back home and fix all that was wrong.

Yes, it ended up at 10 psi but for all anyone knew I might have changed my mind and like I said earlier it would have been nice to know what was going on before it was pulled off. Just an FYI.

Yes, I knew about the MAF Xtender not working properly, and I was told that THAT was the reason for the 80mm, not that it had anything to do with the tube, but that makes sense.

As for the boost controller, it did not have any instructions, all you do was turn the knob on the top. The only problem I knew of with it was fiuring out in what increments in increases or lessens boost.....

I think it was Mike, it was the guy that manages the counter.

You did say the tune could be adjusted, but you didn't say for free to my recolection and I was not too eager to go back and be charged again for obvious reasons.

And I'm glad you didn't tell me to take it back home because honestly, I was getting tired of being under the thing solid for a week prior. But I could not have fixed what the ended up being the problem with the tranny cooler myself anyway. And like I said before, the VAST majority of the bill was NOT for labor in fixing anything.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

ok i dont want this to end up like pete. lol

i am sorry you don't feel like the tune was up to par. and also about the weak customer service. if there is anything Delk can do please let us know. i talked to brent today. and he remember telling you parents about coming back if not 100% satisfied. but i know how things can be confusing. and also sorry about not calling if you wanted more boost. all i remember is that you asked for 10-11psi and i think it left with about 10.5. but not 100% sure on that.

oh yea glad to see you found out the Miss was in the SCT software. would have been bad if it was something mechanical. now i guess you just need to find a good SCt dealer.(justin@VMP)
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 08-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well now it appears that with some timing variations and A/F variations, that the miss has apparently BEEN there, but the chip tune has really low timing (like 5 I think) and is 15% rich in an effort to cover it up. That is why the SCT tune did not hide the missfire because it had about 30* degrees of timing (I think) and 0% on the A/F, the A/F is perfect at 0% and 30* is supposed to be about how much a car comes with stock on idle timing.

So if really low timing and really rich A/F band aids it, what would it be? Unfortunately I'm thinking it might be injectors that aren't flow matched. They came off a `03 Cobra so I don't why they wouldn't be matched being from the factory like that. But they were used so who knows, maybe that is why the guy wanted to sell them

So now what? Any other ideas on what it could be if low timing and rich mix hides it?

And what problems could come about if I leave it miss at idle for a while until I get some matched injectors? (if that's what it is)......
Old 08-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

hmm sounds weird. the A/f was 14.5-15 at idle i am sure. there is no reason to have a rich idle at all.

also no way the timing at idle was set to 5 deg. thats freaking crazy. sounds like something weird is up. not too sure though.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 08-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well the diablo chip was the tune that was 15% rich, and I'm pretty sure this is accurate because I fouled a set of plugs in about 1,000 miles. What should the timing be set at? I thought stock idle timing was something like 10*...?
Old 08-25-2006, 12:59 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh, and timing is logging to be between 5 - 10*...?

Yet that is when it doesn't seem to miss. So I don't know if the low timing and rich mix is a band aid over the problem or if it is fixing it...

What exactly should stock V6 timing at idle be anyway?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

well it appears that stock timing is somewhere around 10* because that is the timing I have in it now and it seems to be rather happy. It might even be a tad bit lower.

Definately better than the 30* that the SCT tune had on it. And now the idle and cruise should be better than it was with the Diable chip because it's not 15% too rich. It's right at 0% now with 10* and no miss! woot!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang