MY LUCK.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Region: Texas

I have a 2004 mustang pony edition V-6....while going home from work at 10:00 pm ...on the freeway ..I saw something in the road...I tried to avoid it but didn' THING I know it feels like I am dragging something.....then the car starts jerking..I pull to the side of the road...and have it towed to the dealer.....they told me I ran over a pile of clothes that got tangled in the driveshaft and somehow took my shift cable with it...wrapped around the driveshaft....could it be a possibility that I damaged the tranny??? when the clothes ripped off the cable I guess it didn't yank it hard enough to change the my car won't start ...I am guessing it is still in drive??? I have to put the emergency brake to keep it from rolling...Once I turned off my car it doesn't start like it is in gear(automatic by the way) there any hope that by just replacing the cable...everthing will be okay....the dealer told me I have to replace the seals ...cable of course...and also the driveshaft...when replaced they can try out the car to see if the transmission is opinion is that only replace the cable..because the driveshaft looks alright just the oxidation of normal road life...also if the seal was bad wouldn't it be leaking fluid???? no leaks whatso ever...please help me out or any advice would be appericiated...thanks....

rick1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

is it not under warranty?

Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina

Damn that sucks. Maybe if your warrenty doesn't cover it you could tow it and get someone else to look at it.:dunno:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Uhm guys...if the car had to be towed into the dealership b/c of an accident I seriously doubt they'll fix it under was the fault of the driver not the fault of ford for making a faulty car, that's not the case here. I'd say just go ahead and suck it up and pay for it to be fixed right...
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang