what would be better? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
what would be better?

I have a 2006 V6 and i want to run dual exhaust, now would it be better to have a local auto body play cut out another half circle in the rear bumper for the 2nd muffler tip or just get a GT bumper? My buudy's brother told me that it wouldnt be possible to have someone cut in the bumper because it is plastic, which didnt make much sense to me on why they couldn't cut into plastic. Is he right? What is my best bet?
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: what would be better?

Get a GT bumper. They don't just have holes for the tips. There is also a little lip that goes along the bottom of the bumper and around the cut-outs for the exhaust. It won't look right if you just cut a hole out.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

it'll look very crappy if you just cut it. Do it right, and get the GT bumper, or run turn downs... or side exhaust, or something that you don't need the exhaust ports for.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Truth, we have discussed this several times. Any GOOD muffler shop can do the cut out and it looks factory. Any shop that does duals for Fords Chevys, Chryslers and ricers should be able to do this no problem. All it takes is a few measurements once they do the install and before they weld it up. My shop has it down pat on all conversions they heat up a piece of pipe and actualy use it to melt the plastic perfectly. Attached is a photo of mine. you would be hard pressed at any angle not to know it was Factory.
On the other hand you can spend a few hundred extra dollars on a GT bumper and paint.
Mustang Life -- Gallery Photo: 05 STANG in Las Vegas
Old 08-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #5

Region: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05STANG View Post
Truth, we have discussed this several times. Any GOOD muffler shop can do the cut out and it looks factory. Any shop that does duals for Fords Chevys, Chryslers and ricers should be able to do this no problem. All it takes is a few measurements once they do the install and before they weld it up. My shop has it down pat on all conversions they heat up a piece of pipe and actualy use it to melt the plastic perfectly. Attached is a photo of mine. you would be hard pressed at any angle not to know it was Factory.
On the other hand you can spend a few hundred extra dollars on a GT bumper and paint.
Yeah I can't see a difference and even if there is one you would have to be real close and underneath to see it i'm sure looks good to me

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang