Updated Cold Air Induction Article - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Updated Cold Air Induction Article

http://www.v6stangs.com/v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/index.html

More detailed answers, more questions answered, types and styles of CAI's, CAI Add-on's, and the ever popular question... can I drive through puddles with a CAI installed?

It's all new, with a new professional design, Soly for v6stangs.com

Let me know what you think
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
:thumb2:
Old 10-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
there are lots of grammatical errors. if you want, let me know and i'll proof it via PM.

you should specify rwhp or crank hp as far as hp/tq gains. also, your range is really big... i think a 5rwhp minimum instead of 2 would be alright to say.

also mention that the MAF-fender piece is the main piece and that the TB-MAF tube won't gain you much but will still add 3-7rwhp.

looks pretty good though.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Whats makes the Fender-MAF THE main piece? Out of only 2 pieces, yes I realize that there has to be a more benifical piece... But I always thought that taking out the very screwed up tubing (the maf-tb) would create the power because the air isn't as turbulant when it goes into the manifolds.

As for the Gramar. If you have time, Correct anything you see fit. Though I'm a published writer, I am not in any way perfect. I have my own style of writing, and am always open to suggestions. :thumbsup:
Old 10-07-2003, 07:51 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
As for the Gramar. If you have time, Correct anything you see fit. Though I'm a published writer, I am not in any way perfect. I have my own style of writing, and am always open to suggestions. :thumbsup:

grammar, not Gramar. Mr. Published Writer
Old 10-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Whats makes the Fender-MAF THE main piece? Out of only 2 pieces, yes I realize that there has to be a more benifical piece...
yes, "main" = "most power coming from it"

check dynos... the fender-MAF does 75% of the gain.

sending PM shortly...
Old 10-07-2003, 08:32 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Hey, what's wrong with romping around ins 3 of mud in a field? It's fun until you get stuck. Then you realize there's no tow hook on a mustang so you have to wrap the cable around your rear axle. This works fine until you rear axle snaps in half and then you're screwed. You wait until the field dries up and the farmer calls the cops on you. Then you get your car towed out for a measly fee of $200 plus the farmer sues you for $2000 worth of damage and presses charges. Wait...there's alot wrong with playing in the mud with a mustang. If you insist on doing it make sure you have a good friend with a Z71 5 speed to get you out. Not that I have any experience in this matter
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Densecharger is making the full length again. He started back in the summer. I e-mailed him in August after noticing a full on e-bay. He said that he is selling the TB pipe for $65.00 each including shipping to those of us who have purchased the meter-forward.

15.10 Best 1/4 92.19 Best 1/4 mph (Pre-headers and connectors)(Still working on it. Target <15.00 next run)
6OnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:12 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
well to late I was in contact with John Demolet all last year on a TB tube for a 94-98 and he kept postponing it so I got a Mac
Old 10-07-2003, 09:39 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Looks good to me
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

relik,

i had to actually do some work tonight so i'll PM you a proofed copy sometime tomorrow. i won't change a thing, just proof. the next segment will be suggestions if i find some to add. :thumb2:
Old 10-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I'll make the appropriate changes needed.

Austin.... you mean you had something more important to do than proom my article? I'm upset and disapointed now.

Brandon, shut up... most published writers are horrible spellers... thats why we created the spell checker (which is absent in the forum posting options).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang