stang wont crank over at all - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #1

stang wont crank over at all

Hey just bought a 95 3.8 manual trans car for 100 dollars it had been hit in front drivers side. replaced the starter as it would not work, but still when i hit the key i have nothing. Everything else works it just wont turn over. Engine isnt locked up, and i checked all fuse and replaced the starter relay checked all the wiring. Also the fuel pump does not kick on i have reset the inertia switch, but still nothing. Help please. Thanks in advance
colemillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: stang wont crank over at all

Fuel pump won't make much difference if the engine won't even crank over.. But that definitely needs to run for the car to run

How did the power wire look going to the starter?

Do you get a CLICK when you try to crank it? .. I know it's a stupid thought, but have you checked the battery?

Do you have fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel line? I know I can barely hear my GT's fuel pump when I turn the key and it primes..

If you have fuel pressure..
Is the car in a spot where you can get a slight running start then put the car in gear and pop the clutch?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #3

Re: stang wont crank over at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
Fuel pump won't make much difference if the engine won't even crank over.. But that definitely needs to run for the car to run

How did the power wire look going to the starter?

Do you get a CLICK when you try to crank it? .. I know it's a stupid thought, but have you checked the battery?

Do you have fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel line? I know I can barely hear my GT's fuel pump when I turn the key and it primes..

If you have fuel pressure..
Is the car in a spot where you can get a slight running start then put the car in gear and pop the clutch?
+1

First thing I was going to ask about was the battery, then fuel pressure...but usually if the battery works it'll still try to crank over, just won't actually start if it doesn't get fuel.

Have you checked the battery voltage? I would also suggest to check the Neutral Safety Switch.
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang