Mustang Evolution Forum banner

just brought a 2004 v6 ..i need power for cheap

9K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  PureVenom 
#1 ·
i just brought a 2004 mustang v6....love the car ...but i come beside the gt cobras and v8 and my car feels like a civic ......what can i do on a small budget to approve horsepower sound and overall looks of the car....and what are good website to go to for parts ?

#7 ·
go for some exhaust upgrades, like a flowmaster 40 weld-in or just go for a x/y pipe. thats what i did, it made it sound alot better until i save up some fo a x/y. ive seen 40's goin for around 60 bucks. also, go for a bbk cai. it looks sweet bcuz its polished metal, it sounds cool and it gives a little better throttle response. But the biggest basic thing you can do for a 6 besides nawz, is put some 4.10 gears, a t-lok and a tune. i got a base tune, which changed shift points, air/fuel ratio and some other things along with the t-lok and 4.10 for $1260. if you've got the cash, go for the gears n other stuff.

#9 ·
You already have a y pipe stock.

no matter what you do short of an engine rebuild / power adder you wont be capable of running with even a stock GT mustang. You can definatly improve it but dont expect that sort of outcome form a few cheap bolt ons.
yes very true. don't throw on a CAI thinking that your gonna be fast as hell. To tell you the truth with my buttometer I felt better acceleration with my stock airbox but a K&N filter then I did with my Mac CAI

#8 ·
no matter what you do short of an engine rebuild / power adder you wont be capable of running with even a stock GT mustang. You can definatly improve it but dont expect that sort of outcome form a few cheap bolt ons.

#17 ·
just to give you some advice....when i took my car into a mustang specific shop, they told me that true duals wouldn't be good for a v6. they said they put it onto one of their g/f's v6 mustangs and put it onto the dino and it sounded really shitty, they said it sounded just like an import. just to give you some advice....

#22 ·
Here's what true duals with no muffler sound like on a six, granted this is a 4.0, not a 3.9 but it should sound the same. It's actually a pair of cutouts, one on each side before the y pipe, the cutouts and the install was 125$ out the door, it can be done cheaper if you put a single cutout after the y. They aren't electronic so you have to reach under and cap them manually for this cheap...

YouTube - stang cut-outs2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.