Can anybody help me!! anybody?!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Unhappy Can anybody help me!! anybody?!?!

So i have a 99' v6 mustang with about 130000miles on it. a few months ago it started giving me some problems, put the computer and said i got a 6th cylinder misfire. Ok so i put new spark plugs, new MSD conductor spark plug wires, transmission and oil change, new fuel filter, injectors cleaned, I even put a new intake and masterflow muffler. while the car symtoms ( shaking, hesitation, lack of power, poor acceleration) have kind have gone away i no sooner or later running on 5 cylinders is going to ruin my car. the engine was reconstructed at 100000 miles before i ever got the car, i thought that it might be the problem but it happened months after i bought it. No vaccumm leak, i've tried everything i can think of and the mechanics are hella robbing my money and never fix it right. Any suggestions or solutions? Should I open the engine and check it out for myself? thanks for the help and time
tvsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Can anybody help me!! anybody?!?!

Any way to get us the exact code it's throwing? Go to autozone or somewhere similar and they should pull the codes at no charge to you.

Post up the exact codes that are thrown and we'll go from there. I don't want to start throwing parts at it without some more information.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #3

I have a 1999 Mustang 35th aniversary v6. It has 138000 miles. Just three weeks ago, I had the same problem you had.

I bought a code reader and it said 6th cylinder misfire. I had purchased the car only one week before.

The gas was low when I bought it, so I filled up the first full tank with premium gas. I thought that would help the engine. Wrong, it actually caused the car to run very rough. I put injection cleaner in the tank, no improvement.

Next, I took it to the mechanic and had all plugs replaced, all plug wires replaced.

I had the oil flushed and replaced with synthetic oil.

I put another tank of premium gas in and the car continued to run rough even though the 6th cylinder error code was gone. It was not as rough, but still noticeable.

I had the fuel filter replaced and it was full of brown rust particles. Obviously the tank rust had plugged the fuel filter. Either the top of the tank was rusted, or, there was a collection of debris in the bottom of the tank, since I let it run completely out of gas and filled totally full.

Next tank of gas, I put regular gas in the tank with injection cleaner. It is now running really good. I guess the computer was smarter than I was, it just didn't like the higher octane.
hope some of this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsr View Post
So i have a 99' v6 mustang with about 130000miles on it. a few months ago it started giving me some problems, put the computer and said i got a 6th cylinder misfire. Ok so i put new spark plugs, new MSD conductor spark plug wires, transmission and oil change, new fuel filter, injectors cleaned, I even put a new intake and masterflow muffler. while the car symtoms ( shaking, hesitation, lack of power, poor acceleration) have kind have gone away i no sooner or later running on 5 cylinders is going to ruin my car. the engine was reconstructed at 100000 miles before i ever got the car, i thought that it might be the problem but it happened months after i bought it. No vaccumm leak, i've tried everything i can think of and the mechanics are hella robbing my money and never fix it right. Any suggestions or solutions? Should I open the engine and check it out for myself? thanks for the help and time
richardcrowson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Unhappy Re: Can anybody help me!! anybody?!?!

yeah lowflyn i had already took it to autozone a while ago which is where i got the code P0306 (6th cylinder misfire) i took it to 2 other mechanics where they got the same code. one mechanic charged me $250 and he cleaned the fuel injectors, new fuel filter and like richardcrowson1 it was really dirty and clogged, new transmission and oil change too. But unlike richardcrowson1 i always put regular gas and to top it all of today it started heating up BAD. so i had to stop the car twice till i got home safely i dont know what to do i cant drive it anymore like this, and yes i got antifreeze in it
Old 05-31-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

oh and also the rpm was was going really high i was at 30 mph and the engine was working as if it was at 75mph then is when it started heating
Old 05-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

change the coil pack, that was my issue with my 04

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

changed the coil pack, no fix im thinking of getting a new car
Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

did you run a diagnostics on it? see where the misfire was happening?

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

yeah the misfire is in the 6th cylinder(p0306) and a Secondary Air injection incorrect flow(p0411)
new plugs,wires, and coil pack
transmission and oil change
new fuel filter
injectors cleaned
and im starting to hear a small sound i think its coming from the 6th cylinder maybe the injector.
My technician can't figure it out
Old 06-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Sounds really silly, but check the gap on the plugs.
shipwreck_98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang