time to get some work done - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
time to get some work done

Well, I finally bought myself a work vehicle. So my V6 can retire and be my second project behind my fox. SO excited. I'll finally be able to do some much needed mods to her while she's still in good shape.

for anyone curious, i bought a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. Loving the sunroof & wishing my Mustangs had one. Perfect vehicle for my job.

I'll keep you guys up to date on mods. Will be a slow process for money reasons, but it'll get there
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: time to get some work done

Sounds like me...started ordering parts for my next phase of changes this week. Gonna be slow here as well due to cash flow, but will be well worth it.

What is on your "to do" list so far?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #3

Awesome deal! Can't wait to hear about the build.

I kinda have the opposite going on...I have EVERYTHING I need to build my car, but no DD to drive while the Cobra is down....damn these problems! lol
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
Well, I finally bought myself a work vehicle. So my V6 can retire and be my second project behind my fox. SO excited. I'll finally be able to do some much needed mods to her while she's still in good shape.

for anyone curious, i bought a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. Loving the sunroof & wishing my Mustangs had one. Perfect vehicle for my job.

I'll keep you guys up to date on mods. Will be a slow process for money reasons, but it'll get there
Nice...always good to have a dd to help keep the miles off the stangs. I wouldn't worry about not having a sunroof on the 04...they don't really fit the curvature of the roof and would probably leak like hell, lol. Now the fox, that wouldn't be too far fetched

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Sounds like me...started ordering parts for my next phase of changes this week. Gonna be slow here as well due to cash flow, but will be well worth it.

What is on your "to do" list so far?
first off, i'm getting a new set of tires so i can get my bullits back on.. these stockers aren't cutting it for me.

then i'm def. getting her lowered. i believe i'm going with the super sports w/cc plates.

after that i'm not too sure. 8.8 rear and gears w/tlok... maybe UDP... not to sure. the fox needs a good tune so that'll be coming in the near future as well.. eventually i'll head toward a supercharger/turbo on the sixxer. thinkin about the fox too. but that'll be a few years away...

my money crunch comes from my own want... gotta keep enough in my account for my down payment on something that i'm planning on buying in 2014 with no questions asked....

a 50th ann Mustang

i figure if i start saving now, i'll almost be able to buy her with cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRDanielle View Post
Awesome deal! Can't wait to hear about the build.

I kinda have the opposite going on...I have EVERYTHING I need to build my car, but no DD to drive while the Cobra is down....damn these problems! lol
yea thats no fun. thats what held me back from workin on the 04 for so long. i'm sure you could find something for a pretty good price. just look around. a lot of ppl are gettin rid of stuff and selling it cheap just to get some money in their pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Nice...always good to have a dd to help keep the miles off the stangs. I wouldn't worry about not having a sunroof on the 04...they don't really fit the curvature of the roof and would probably leak like hell, lol. Now the fox, that wouldn't be too far fetched

hmmm... thats an idea might have to look into it before i paint the fox...
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

DD cars are amazing to have, very thankful I have one
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #7

Quote:
yea thats no fun. thats what held me back from workin on the 04 for so long. i'm sure you could find something for a pretty good price. just look around. a lot of ppl are gettin rid of stuff and selling it cheap just to get some money in their pocket.
Definitely! Thanks

My main dilema is what vehicle my b/f will let me park in the driveway! hahah

'no Dodge, no Chrysler, no Jeep, no Toyota....'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
DD cars are amazing to have, very thankful I have one
They really are! Definitely cannot plan to heavily mod a mustang, or any performance car for that matter, without a DD!
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRDanielle View Post
Definitely! Thanks

My main dilema is what vehicle my b/f will let me park in the driveway! hahah

'no Dodge, no Chrysler, no Jeep, no Toyota....'

They really are! Definitely cannot plan to heavily mod a mustang, or any performance car for that matter, without a DD!
haha i hear ya on that one.. luckily my fiance isn't too picky... get you a six banger for a DD...
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 06-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

get a subaru wrx as a dd

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
then i'm def. getting her lowered. i believe i'm going with the super sports w/cc plates.
Super Sports are the ****...definite win there...+1.6" drop = sexiness

Just remember such a large drop will throw off stock struts/shocks, which will wear them out way quicker...might want to upgrade in that department too.

Quote:
after that i'm not too sure. 8.8 rear and gears w/tlok... maybe UDP... not to sure. the fox needs a good tune so that'll be coming in the near future as well.. eventually i'll head toward a supercharger/turbo on the sixxer. thinkin about the fox too. but that'll be a few years away...
I'm thinking about doing the same thing - supercharging the v6...I'm having the local Ford dealership contact another about an 04 ranger for my DD Then I can get serious with the v6...at least until a v8 mustang is around

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #11
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Super Sports are the ****...definite win there...+1.6" drop = sexiness

Just remember such a large drop will throw off stock struts/shocks, which will wear them out way quicker...might want to upgrade in that department too.
yea i've heard that mentioned a few times... thanks for the heads up. i like to do things right the first time

Quote:
I'm thinking about doing the same thing - supercharging the v6...I'm having the local Ford dealership contact another about an 04 ranger for my DD Then I can get serious with the v6...at least until a v8 mustang is around
i hear ya.. but even with my 5.0 i still wanna make my 6banger a sleeper GT killer
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang