time to get some work done - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
time to get some work done

Well, I finally bought myself a work vehicle. So my V6 can retire and be my second project behind my fox. SO excited. I'll finally be able to do some much needed mods to her while she's still in good shape.

for anyone curious, i bought a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. Loving the sunroof & wishing my Mustangs had one. Perfect vehicle for my job.

I'll keep you guys up to date on mods. Will be a slow process for money reasons, but it'll get there
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: time to get some work done

Sounds like me...started ordering parts for my next phase of changes this week. Gonna be slow here as well due to cash flow, but will be well worth it.

What is on your "to do" list so far?
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
Re: time to get some work done

Awesome deal! Can't wait to hear about the build.

I kinda have the opposite going on...I have EVERYTHING I need to build my car, but no DD to drive while the Cobra is down....damn these problems! lol
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: time to get some work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
Well, I finally bought myself a work vehicle. So my V6 can retire and be my second project behind my fox. SO excited. I'll finally be able to do some much needed mods to her while she's still in good shape.

for anyone curious, i bought a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. Loving the sunroof & wishing my Mustangs had one. Perfect vehicle for my job.

I'll keep you guys up to date on mods. Will be a slow process for money reasons, but it'll get there
Nice...always good to have a dd to help keep the miles off the stangs. I wouldn't worry about not having a sunroof on the 04...they don't really fit the curvature of the roof and would probably leak like hell, lol. Now the fox, that wouldn't be too far fetched
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: time to get some work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Sounds like me...started ordering parts for my next phase of changes this week. Gonna be slow here as well due to cash flow, but will be well worth it.

What is on your "to do" list so far?
first off, i'm getting a new set of tires so i can get my bullits back on.. these stockers aren't cutting it for me.

then i'm def. getting her lowered. i believe i'm going with the super sports w/cc plates.

after that i'm not too sure. 8.8 rear and gears w/tlok... maybe UDP... not to sure. the fox needs a good tune so that'll be coming in the near future as well.. eventually i'll head toward a supercharger/turbo on the sixxer. thinkin about the fox too. but that'll be a few years away...

my money crunch comes from my own want... gotta keep enough in my account for my down payment on something that i'm planning on buying in 2014 with no questions asked....

a 50th ann Mustang

i figure if i start saving now, i'll almost be able to buy her with cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRDanielle View Post
Awesome deal! Can't wait to hear about the build.

I kinda have the opposite going on...I have EVERYTHING I need to build my car, but no DD to drive while the Cobra is down....damn these problems! lol
yea thats no fun. thats what held me back from workin on the 04 for so long. i'm sure you could find something for a pretty good price. just look around. a lot of ppl are gettin rid of stuff and selling it cheap just to get some money in their pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Nice...always good to have a dd to help keep the miles off the stangs. I wouldn't worry about not having a sunroof on the 04...they don't really fit the curvature of the roof and would probably leak like hell, lol. Now the fox, that wouldn't be too far fetched

hmmm... thats an idea might have to look into it before i paint the fox...
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: time to get some work done

DD cars are amazing to have, very thankful I have one
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
Re: time to get some work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
yea thats no fun. thats what held me back from workin on the 04 for so long. i'm sure you could find something for a pretty good price. just look around. a lot of ppl are gettin rid of stuff and selling it cheap just to get some money in their pocket.
Definitely! Thanks

My main dilema is what vehicle my b/f will let me park in the driveway! hahah

'no Dodge, no Chrysler, no Jeep, no Toyota....'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
DD cars are amazing to have, very thankful I have one
They really are! Definitely cannot plan to heavily mod a mustang, or any performance car for that matter, without a DD!
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: time to get some work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRDanielle View Post
Definitely! Thanks

My main dilema is what vehicle my b/f will let me park in the driveway! hahah

'no Dodge, no Chrysler, no Jeep, no Toyota....'



They really are! Definitely cannot plan to heavily mod a mustang, or any performance car for that matter, without a DD!
haha i hear ya on that one.. luckily my fiance isn't too picky... get you a six banger for a DD...
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 703
Re: time to get some work done

get a subaru wrx as a dd
__________________

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: time to get some work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
then i'm def. getting her lowered. i believe i'm going with the super sports w/cc plates.
Super Sports are the ****...definite win there...+1.6" drop = sexiness

Just remember such a large drop will throw off stock struts/shocks, which will wear them out way quicker...might want to upgrade in that department too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
after that i'm not too sure. 8.8 rear and gears w/tlok... maybe UDP... not to sure. the fox needs a good tune so that'll be coming in the near future as well.. eventually i'll head toward a supercharger/turbo on the sixxer. thinkin about the fox too. but that'll be a few years away...
I'm thinking about doing the same thing - supercharging the v6...I'm having the local Ford dealership contact another about an 04 ranger for my DD Then I can get serious with the v6...at least until a v8 mustang is around
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #11
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: time to get some work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Super Sports are the ****...definite win there...+1.6" drop = sexiness

Just remember such a large drop will throw off stock struts/shocks, which will wear them out way quicker...might want to upgrade in that department too.
yea i've heard that mentioned a few times... thanks for the heads up. i like to do things right the first time


Quote:
I'm thinking about doing the same thing - supercharging the v6...I'm having the local Ford dealership contact another about an 04 ranger for my DD Then I can get serious with the v6...at least until a v8 mustang is around
i hear ya.. but even with my 5.0 i still wanna make my 6banger a sleeper GT killer
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting some work done Scut95 The Bar 5 06-15-2009 10:11 PM
Some of my Work. Dwisforme05 Pictures and Videos 16 02-10-2009 10:39 AM
will this work mustang0386 Mustang Audio & Video 2 06-09-2007 11:38 AM
So where does everyone work? Dom The Bar 52 11-30-2006 06:50 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.