Does anyone else feel the same way... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to crazeflier07
Does anyone else feel the same way...

I know that some other people are thinking this or have thought this at sometime, but do you guys feel that we sometime get looked over when it comes to parts, styling, engine parts, etc. etc etc??? I can understand that the v6 mustang doesnt scream performance but at the same time our cars do make most of the mustangs on the road today. I know the new 05-06 mustang v6s are getting more attention and performance companies knocking stuff out for them but what about us? I really hope that even though the new mustang is the bucking bronco of rides right now, I hope that some people in the upper levels look back at us and think, wow look at that market just sitting there! Oh well enough of my opinions. I'm on a sugar rush right now and my mind is just rolling. Tell me what yall think.
~Jon~

Sinister Six
1998 3.8L V6
Done So Far:
~CAI, True dual exhaust, UDPs, MGW Shifter, H&R springs, Stage 1 & 2 supension kit, performance rotors & pads, steel braided lines, 1 inch rear spacers, A.R. Rebel 17x9s with BFG rubber! :thumbs2:
crazeflier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Does anyone else feel the same way...

They may make up most of the Mustangs on the road but they account for less of the people buying aftermarket parts.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

The basic key is companies need to know if they will make a profit or not and they probably assume the base of potential customers would not be as interested in their product, or that there would be enough interest to be worth the development time/cost. The only reason the v6 has the market it does now is due to the GT and Cobra leading the way.

Also remember people buy the v6 (generalization) due to they cant afford the v8 so how can they afford all the mods that could be available with time and money invested into the market. This is of course not always true by far but companies are thinking this.

I am betting the percent of people that mod V6's is higher than those that mod GT's but the people that mod V6's drastically is much lower than those that do the same to GT's and Cobras. The market for the weekend moder is there for the V6 market, but really expensive stuff is not that strong (even though you can get a good many mods)

Many will just upgrade to a gt/cobra rather than invest a ton of money into custom parts~ which leaves the hard core owners out in the cold.

Just imagine the development cost of designing and creating a custom set of mustang heads... and then imagine how many they would have to sell to just come back even with the debt the investment created.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They may make up most of the Mustangs on the road but they account for less of the people buying aftermarket parts.
Yeah but in reality there isnt many different types of aftermarket parts that one can use to make thier car more unique then another. Like a lot of mustang people use mostly the same types of rims e.g. cobra R rims, bullitts, torque thrusts, etc. Even for v8s there isnt much to differ your ride visually then many other rides. I mean look at nissan and toyota or mazda. You can get all kinds of stuff for those rides but for most mustangs there really isnt much to make one differ from the other. I bought my mustang really only because my previous car, 300zx, was falling apart on me. But I have now grow to love the thing and I'm trying to make it represent me more and like a lot of people, finding aftermarket parts that aren't really expensive is hard especially if your trying to build something unlike other stangs on the road. I dont know I just wish there was more for the v6 mustangs. I just think that if there was more things available people would get more into them and we would see more killer v6s than there are right now.
~Jon~

Sinister Six
1998 3.8L V6
Done So Far:
~CAI, True dual exhaust, UDPs, MGW Shifter, H&R springs, Stage 1 & 2 supension kit, performance rotors & pads, steel braided lines, 1 inch rear spacers, A.R. Rebel 17x9s with BFG rubber! :thumbs2:
Old 11-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

There is a fine line between being unique and it looking good to being unique and it being tacky. It doesnt matter if there are 1,000,000,000 cars just like yours if it looks good it looks good~

the number of occurences of a given item does not make the item look worse.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You have a good point spec...but take a look at the Foose Mustangs or Year one's stangs. Granted everything there had to be made by hand and many many man hours of sculpting, glassing, and fitting but wouldn't it be great if these items or things similiar to it could be available like a Saleen body kit or a cervini's hood? Forget V6's only even V8s. My friend Trevor has a Cobra and even he wishes that he could find parts to make his stand out more among the Cobra's out there. I tried to make my ride stand out more with the body work I have and by puttting the air suspension on it that I used to have. Sometimes I think to myself I should have kept the air ride so that I would still get the reactions of people like I used to. I have changed my over all idea of what I am going to do to my ride so when I go to the weekly car show that I attend I just sort of blend in with the other mustangs there. I dunno...ehhh
~Jon~

Sinister Six
1998 3.8L V6
Done So Far:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang