Mustang Evolution Forum banner

NEED HELP WITH GEARS!! Motive 4.10 gears? Cant find ford racing?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
Hey Gang,
I have a 2010 v6 mustang and I want to upgrade the gears to 4.10, however I cannot find any ford racing gears only after market motive gears...I have heard terrible things about motive gears, whinning, loud, not so I good...I would love to stand corrected about motive gears because it seems that is all that is out there to use for my 2010 mustang with a 7.5 rear end..does anyone have experience with Motive gears? Good? bad? Ugly? Does anyone on the planet know where to get ford racing 4.10 gears that fit the '10 v6 mustang. Any and all thoughts, opinions, expertise is as always most appreciated!

#2 ·
They no longer make the Ford Racing gears for the 7.5 rear end. The Motives are fine. I had them in my car with no whine whatsoever. I had problems with the differential so I went back to stock. But they worked fine. Just make sure you bring the car to a good shop. And get a posi-trac differential as well.

#3 ·
I have used motive gears in several vehicles with no problems.

only problem I ever had, was I installed a set of motive 3:73 gears in my dads 06 silverado everything went fine with the install. then when I tuned the PCM to 3:73 the speedo didn't work. and I had to tune it to 3:72. Now it's starting to wine, so I guess they where casted wrong.

#5 ·
find some old stock somewhere I think if they have an M on them they are motive and F is for ford but not sure~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.