ranger 4.0 into a mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

ranger 4.0 into a mustang?

alrighty guys/girls, work with me here...

so i came through the forums a while ago asking for some help with my supercharger and stuff for my ranger...

its got the ford 4.0 SOHC for the ranger, 2003, with the supercharger from the lightning.

so im just sitting here...with a ranger motor that was in the ranger..nobody freakin wants it......so i was thinking...

COULD I!!! put my supercharged ranger 4.0 into a mustang body? like a v6 mustang or anything? are those the same 4.0s? would it sit right in there? would it bolt up to a manual tranny from the mustangs?

and then i would put the old motor back in the truck!
blownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: ranger 4.0 into a mustang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownranger View Post
alrighty guys/girls, work with me here...

so i came through the forums a while ago asking for some help with my supercharger and stuff for my ranger...

its got the ford 4.0 SOHC for the ranger, 2003, with the supercharger from the lightning.

so im just sitting here...with a ranger motor that was in the ranger..nobody freakin wants it......so i was thinking...

COULD I!!! put my supercharged ranger 4.0 into a mustang body? like a v6 mustang or anything? are those the same 4.0s? would it sit right in there? would it bolt up to a manual tranny from the mustangs?

and then i would put the old motor back in the truck!
i wanna say its the same as the 4.0 in the mustangs. it should be a direct swap into an 05+ v6. not sure about the 99 down. you might need a new kmember, not sure on the tranny.

and i cant honestly say it would be worth your time. it depends on the model year youre looking for. most people are looking to swap a v8 into their stang and even that isnt really worth it.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yaa right now, its just talking out loud kinda thing

why isnt it worth it for the v8s?

i think this thing could put down somewhere near 330whp/whatever torque on a small mustang...and that could be rather fun

i dont think i would get a 05+..that might be way to expensive..

but i would prefer to get the body style thats not the corner style (not sure what year)..i want maybe (96+) the more curvy one

what do you think would be the most challenging things that would make it not worth the time? if possible at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

my 4.0 definatelly will not fit into a 3.8 bell housing right? if i got a mustang that had a tranny from the 3.8...i would have to swap it with a 05+ 5 spd or something?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownranger View Post
yaa right now, its just talking out loud kinda thing

why isnt it worth it for the v8s?

i think this thing could put down somewhere near 330whp/whatever torque on a small mustang...and that could be rather fun

i dont think i would get a 05+..that might be way to expensive..

but i would prefer to get the body style thats not the corner style (not sure what year)..i want maybe (96+) the more curvy one

what do you think would be the most challenging things that would make it not worth the time? if possible at all

well, it'd be easier to find an old 5.0 and mod that. they just have way more potential. what is your reasoning for wanting to swap the v6 in another car?
wait for more people to respond as im not the expert on any of this.

for an older style like that, i believe youre gonna need new wiring. not sure if the v6 tranny in those years will work either. youd need the 8.8 rear end with that kind of power. and you could also find a v8 cheap and mod that.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

the reason for it getting my v6 is..nobody wants to buy my other v6 that i took out of the ranger to put this one in...

so for cost reasons and all that, if i could basically take a mustang and engine swap it with mine, i got a bad *** car..

cause im definatelly not looking to buy any other sort of engine and start modding that...at that point i would just keep the 4.0 sitting in the barn..cause im basically commited to this v6...lol

i mean, ya i could get the 5.0 or something, and do the custom intake manifold to hold the m112 of some sort...but then what? i blow that motor? this 4.0 is all set up to handle the power its putting out and all that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang