Almost done!!! (:P) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Almost done!!! (:P)

So uh......almost done with the project. Forged crank, scat rods, and weisco pistons are all in. block, heads, and oem crank (needed work) will be back from the machine shop wednesday. It'll all be together (in theory, barring any snags/issues) by the end of the week. Following wkend, much smaller pully will be installed).

All too exciting I really don't understand why guys give up so early in the game with their builds and what-not. The outcomes far out weigh the trials. That and the satisfaction knowing that you saw it thru....from beginning to end.

I'll see what I can do about sharing pictures. Haven't ever tried to upload pics on here before.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227
Re: Almost done!!! (:P)

awesome post pics. whats next for the car?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:

All too exciting I really don't understand why guys give up so early in the game with their builds and what-not. The outcomes far out weigh the trials. That and the satisfaction knowing that you saw it thru....from beginning to end

Sweet !!!!! Sometime you just run out of money

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

"whats next for the car?"- aside from building the bottom end and adding more boost. Port and polish my heads, upper and lower intake. Thats next on the agenda. After that, gonna save up for a tube k-member and 3000 stall, and perhaps a two step (idk though). But stall and k member for sure.

"Sometime you just run out of money"-True....true. Lol, I'm learning the numbers crunching....hard. I can understand how and why projects get delayed and what have you, but its just really heart breaking to see someone have to "throw in the towel" due to lack of motivation, ferver, finances, and/or circumstances.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Sometimes it easier to just buy a new engine then finish rebuilding the one u blew up LOL...thats why i scrap mine but i learned just as much by swapping then engine myself...things are noWHERE near as diffcult as they are in your mind...when u actually apply yourself and do the whole project the feeling is unbleievable LOL...u going SC or TURBO? in the 2 years i been a memebr i have yet to see anyone turbo....i was the the turbo king...thats all i talked about was turbo lol....then u bought a SC LOL...it so much more simple but i really wanna see someone fabricate the manifold and everything...i know andy(TMA) use to make them but now he just builds turbo for vipers....let me know bro....AND PICS MAN>>>PICSSS
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004 View Post
"whats next for the car?"- aside from building the bottom end and adding more boost. Port and polish my heads, upper and lower intake. Thats next on the agenda. After that, gonna save up for a tube k-member and 3000 stall, and perhaps a two step (idk though). But stall and k member for sure.

"Sometime you just run out of money"-True....true. Lol, I'm learning the numbers crunching....hard. I can understand how and why projects get delayed and what have you, but its just really heart breaking to see someone have to "throw in the towel" due to lack of motivation, ferver, finances, and/or circumstances.
True !!! Seems like everytime I save the mod money something in the house break like the A/C This time I'm using the money for a wedding

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Congratz on the wedding
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ooooooh lol I was wondering about the progress on your car zebs. Well, as much as I paid for my education and as much as I've done.....I had better know how to tear it down, build it, and reassemble it correctly and within spec *grins*. I've had a supercharger on it for 3-4yrs now. But, what I'm doing with it is, dropping in pully size....smaller pully=more boost=more power ;} I'll have to see what I can do about pics.

Yeah, **** happens, just gotta roll with the punches and push through. I still live with the parentals, so there's still quite a bit about life that I have yet to have to deal with and such. So, I'm pretty sure when I do move out and all, I'm gonna have quite a few sobering moments. ............which is why I'm tryin to do as much as I can now lol.

Hey zebs.....have you taken your car to the dyno yet? How much power are you making? And about when does your boost really start to build, I.E. wheres your "wall"?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Pics.... Needs... Pics...
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

More Vortech popped..i didnt get it dynoed....thats prolly why it popped lol...i the new 3.9 in it and thats all i ahve done...i finish my 3000gt and crx project...now im thinking about 69 chevelle ss.....im thinking maybe i might do my windstar swap and intercooler idea and reinstall the vortech...all i need is a ABEC7 bearing and im good...the 6 is my daily and i really DO NOT wanna go another month without a car again....i just need to get motivated with it...i havent had much time anyway...i own a restaurant in AL and my manager i hired decided NOT to make a the deposit drop and disappear...needless to say hes no longer employeed so i been at the store open to close 45 days straight...oen of the reasons why i havent logged on much here lol...i had the 3000gt parked behind the restaurant thats the only reason i was able to finish it...but anyway im curious to see what it would actually dyno....i had planned on it but i couldnt resist getting on it one time and after the WEEK LONNGGGGGG INSTALL if everyone remembers and then shes just goes POPPPPPP....i was UPSAT lol

Old 07-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Seperate but somewhat related matter......I've got an SVT Focus fuel pump supporting my fuel delievery. How much power can that support? My tuner (Dynospeed) told me that my injectors (39lb.) were good up to about 480hp or so.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah, lest I forget, just got home from porting and polishing my intakes......wow.....this p n p deal's blowing my mind! If I don't gain any hp I'm surely bound to feel in the seat. So yeah.....this is gonna be knuckin futs.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

In the reassembly process. Got the bottom end together, top ends gonna together by the end of the day tomorrow. Pics are coming. once I'm done I'll get you guys pics.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

still waiting on pics :-}

Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I know. you and the rest of the forum. Pics aren't the top of the priority list right now. End is within sight, because of this, I'm pushing really hard to finish. Motors in, motor and trans are mounted. Front pully assy is in. All this left to do is plumbing, intakes, and reconnecting. (fluids and plugs are rather given)

But as soon as I finish, I can assure you that pics will be shared.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

what u say u have left took me and my father in law an hour to do and i believe u can do it to if u dedicate sometime to yourself and get it done...we drop tranny and did full engine swap including flywheel...we disaaembled EVERYTHING...your right your almost there man...dont push it to the side i know how easy that is sometimes lol....your on 3 weeks into this so not to bad on timing...your gonna really enjoy yourself and be proud of the car YOU BUILT...it might take u a little be longer we were lucky enough to only run into 1 vaccum leak and had it fixed and plugged in min..no rush on pics brotha just more or less really wanted to keep the thread bumped!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
Road Trip!

This whole thing would have took me a weekend to do , with pauses to take pics.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

haha nice ^

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

"This whole thing would have took me a weekend to do , with pauses to take pics"

Yeah I know....the process itself isn't all that complicated and such. Whats taken so long was that I waited 3wks for friends with trailers to take my car to work (I work at a dealership) which I just ended up driving it there. Once I had it out and disassembled...2 wks to find my bottem end....my original source fell through. then once I found another source, another 5 wks or so for piston fabrication, and about 4 wks for the machine shop (sent my block, heads, and OE crank for work). then about a wk for assembly. which brings me to now. So, the hold ups been waiting on other ppl.

But anywho, all that doesn't matter now.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
"This whole thing would have took me a weekend to do , with pauses to take pics"

Yeah I know....the process itself isn't all that complicated and such. Whats taken so long was that I waited 3wks for friends with trailers to take my car to work (I work at a dealership) which I just ended up driving it there. Once I had it out and disassembled...2 wks to find my bottem end....my original source fell through. then once I found another source, another 5 wks or so for piston fabrication, and about 4 wks for the machine shop (sent my block, heads, and OE crank for work). then about a wk for assembly. which brings me to now. So, the hold ups been waiting on other ppl.

But anywho, all that doesn't matter now.
5 weeks for piston fabrication... Details on said custom pistons !! And pics damn you! In the future (I'm sure you've figured this out) find the parts first, then tear it down makes things so faster
Old 07-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
This whole thing would have took me a weekend to do , with pauses to take pics.
WHATEVEr mna rinfield take ya time bro perfection cant be rushed...IF U NEED ANYTHING HALLA AT ME...JUST DO U THIS AINT A SPEED RECORD..I BELIEVE YA MAN LOL...MAKE IT DO WHAT IT DO BRO

Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

"5 weeks for piston fabrication... Details on said custom pistons !! And pics damn you! In the future (I'm sure you've figured this out) find the parts first, then tear it down makes things so faster"

Idk the specs on the pistons off the top of my head at the moment. But I can get that info if you'd like, just gimme a couple of days. Well, VCS, that was kinda my original plan. Had said store that was gonna purchase through, then at the last moment, I called to verify that what i was buying was forged, and that fell through. So, at the last moment, I had to scramble to find other ave. of purchase. Which ate up time. So, the hold up wasn't intentional.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

"WHATEVEr mna rinfield take ya time bro perfection cant be rushed...IF U NEED ANYTHING HALLA AT ME...JUST DO U THIS AINT A SPEED RECORD..I BELIEVE YA MAN LOL...MAKE IT DO WHAT IT DO BRO"

Yeah, I tried to balance speed and patience as best as I could. I work at a dealership with two techs who were former Ford Techs. So, I had a combined 35yrs worth of experience at my disposal. Which came in handy with tough calls and speed. At any rate, I'm almost done. Got spark plugs to gap then install and install PCV valve then it should be ready to crank. Please keep me and my car in your prayers.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #24
Road Trip!

We just want pics you don't even need to post words just pics haha
Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Pics are coming soon. But whats bigger is.....I'm done!!!!!! Its alive!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Its alive! Next, pully install and dyno.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pics are coming soon. But whats bigger is.....I'm done!!!!!! Its alive!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Its alive! Next, pully install and dyno.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
I need a "this thread is worthless without pics and video" smiley.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Brent is there a "hater of the month"....i nominate VCS_SSSTANG

Old 07-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously VCS? Are you THAT visual? You're starting to paint yourself as a 6yr old who's more concerned about pictures in a book than the substance in it. So how bout you catch up with the rest of us who care more about the substance in the subject than pictures or videos.

I mean you no disrespect, but seriously, catch up.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Cool Re: Almost done!!! (:P)

Quote:
Seriously VCS? Are you THAT visual? You're starting to paint yourself as a 6yr old who's more concerned about pictures in a book than the substance in it. So how bout you catch up with the rest of us who care more about the substance in the subject than pictures or videos.

I mean you no disrespect, but seriously, catch up.

Because this is the internet, for all I know you could be like every other guy on every other v6 forum that says they do -every other mod- and it never gets done. And no I'm not saying that has even crossed my mind with you.

Secondly since no real technical information is here for me to wrap myself around, I can't catch up because I'm way ahead. So the simple thing to do is ask people for pictures.

I also mean you no disrespect.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Because this is the internet, for all I know you could be like every other guy on every other v6 forum that says they do -every other mod- and it never gets done. And no I'm not saying that has even crossed my mind with you.

Secondly since no real technical information is here for me to wrap myself around, I can't catch up because I'm way ahead. So the simple thing to do is ask people for pictures.

I also mean you no disrespect.
Well ur getting a littlw better with people...the last sentence turns it all around, cause u sayed u mean no disrespect but the whole thing seems disrespectful so it throws him for a loop...baby steps

Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
Well ur getting a littlw better with people...the last sentence turns it all around, cause u sayed u mean no disrespect but the whole thing seems disrespectful so it throws him for a loop...baby steps
Well if you ever notice, I don't say anything until somebody gives me a reason to...
Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

are u a paraniod person lol...no one is out to get u bro, but u nit pick untill someone snaps...thus creating them to lash out at u...then u lash back...then we get PM's from brent telling us we have been submittted with infraction papers

Old 07-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
are u a paraniod person lol...no one is out to get u bro, but u nit pick untill someone snaps...thus creating them to lash out at u...then u lash back...then we get PM's from brent telling us we have been submittted with infraction papers
Paranoid, negative. If someone snaps on a forum because another person asks for pictures... we'll I would have committed suicide sometime back in 2006.

Oh and still:

Oh and you can't nominate me for hater of the month, I have to have something to hate on first.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Alright.....here's whats up and where I'm at. I'm done with the build. Have around a 1000mi on since build so its past break in. I was sure to stay outta boost during break in. So that wasn't an issue......but what IS the issue is that I have a tap at idle to 20mph. mains are torqed, conn rod caps are torqued, stayed after work today and rechecked rockers and push rods....they're all torqued and good. So, I'm at a loss. Is this just simply gonna be a by product of the build?

What else could cause a tap from idle to 20mph? Its coming from the top of the motor btw. Just simply to give you guys as much information to work with. Something loose? Bent? Broke? I'm open to suggestions, constructive criticism, anythings you guys have your bag of tricks. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to share.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang