HELP!!!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Unhappy HELP!!!!!!!

So i had an engine swap from a 1999 to a 2002 because my engine overheated and died put simply, now i went to the smog station and i got 4 codes that are bad, i talked to the mechanic that did the job and says that the problems have nothing to do with the motor. All the problems are circut and electronic based. I went to Autozone the guy said that the because the motors are from different years most the circut parts are different so idk how the hell he did the job. what should i do??? please help!!
P0135 O2 sensor heater Circuit
P0412 Secondary Air Injection System Switching valve
P0443 EECS purge control valve
P1451
I just spent 1800 on the job im getting tired of spending so much money on this car
tvsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: HELP!!!!!!!

Oh jesus christ brotha....electrical problems suck man...ur gonna need to get haynes manual and follow the scamatics(sp).....God bless u on ur journey
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #3

99-04 is the same elictrical system basically. If something is wrong, it's probably because the mechanic used the old sensors that were on the motor he put in your.
P0135-O2 sensor heater circuit usally means the heat in the sensor has failed. Needs to be replaced.
P0412-Secondary Air Injection Switching Valve? WTF? I've never heard of that one. I work at Autozone. I'll look it up at work tomorrow and see what I can out for you.
P0443 EECS Purge Control Valve. Sounds like the purge solenoid on the EVAP system has failed.
P1451 I believe is a manufacturer specific DTC.

Any time you get a code you'renot sure about should be googled. The vast majority of DTC's are listed through google and are rather easy to find and diagnose. After that, it's up to you to get it fixed. Sorry to hear that you're having these kinds of troubles. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Crazy Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 AM   #4

P0135 Link

OBD-II Trouble Code: P0135 Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1, Sensor1)

P1451 Link

OBD Trouble Code: P1451 EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

P0443 Link is ***** to find. So many enthiasts to choose from. EVAP Purge solenoidpossible failure, Gas cap, EVAP lines, fuel filler neck O-Ring, etc.

P0412 Link Same problem. Pain in the butt.

Good luck.
Crazy Boi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang