Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2000$ To mod my car... need help

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Fishers Stang 
#1 ·
ok well i will be picking up my new car on tuesday a 2000 v6 its completely stock. i have 2000$ dollars and was wondering what would give me the most bang for that amount. i was going to get a gt but being 17 and already totaled one car i couldnt afford the 445 dollar a month payment. i have basically no knowledge about this car so anything will help

#4 ·
Re: 2000$

My stock eaton supercharger would be good. :) But, then you would have to find someone to make the adapter plate and what not.

Gears would be a good idea.

#5 ·
Re: 2000$

i say both

#6 ·
buy:
CAI: 100
Exhaust: 300
UD pulley: 200
Gears/Tlok: 400 (install 200-300)
Lowering Springs 100-200
MM CC plates 200
Wheels/Tires (all you have left)

#11 ·
its all about your end goals, if you want to dump that kind of money into your car you could just as easily say why not sell it and buy a better platform to start with. Bolt ons are pretty much useless... you can do them all and you will be lucky to run half a second faster than you did before.

#13 ·
i'd seriously think about what your plans are for that car. Think about how much money you want to put into it and what its potential is. Engine swaps are not worth it unless you are well equiped for something like that, otherwise it is better to just buy a gt/cobra. Do you want to just keep that car as a means of transportation until you are like 25 or whatever when the insurance goes down and then sell it for a gt, or what. Don't sink a bunch of money into it and then decide you want to sell it, b/c you will lose a lot of money. Most people don't end up just wanting a little bit more power, like bolt-ons give. If you want a LOT more, you'll need to blow it, or get a gt/cobra etc.

#14 ·
well right now im more into making it sound nice and deep like exhaust and intake. (so if you know of a deep sounding good exhaust let me know) i decided to not go for the speed i just dont have the finacing right now so i will wait till i go full time work and will just upgrade to a gt then. so i am going to get an exhaust intake and some gunmetal bullit rims for now then maybe more show

#15 ·
If I had to do it all over again i would have gone this route the making it look nice cause i sinked in so much money on making my old V6 run 12s for nothing in all honesty, personally i lik ethe Borla exhuast kit its a bit pricey but honestly out of all th eothers ive heard Borla is where its at, its nice and mellow and when you get on it, it doesnt give that ricey sound like the other systems ive heard.

Good luck with it all though :):good:

#18 ·
:: Look at ken's Sig:: thats my best bet, but if anything get a goal of what you want to do, first do you want a daily driver? (i assume yes its ur only car) then I would not go all out on high $ power, because ur going to put some miles on it. maybe get some rims, nice tires, lower it, exhaust to look/ sound better then save the rest of the money for bigger and better things. then you can plan out a drag car, or auto X car, a little bit of both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.