V6 vs. V8....who wins? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: V6 vs. V8....who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
How would you think so? I'll gladly take that offer... tell me what GT you prefer and on what course.
Of corse I'm meaning stock 94-98gt up against a stock 94-98v6 the cars will handle pretty much the same because they came with the same suspensin other than the gt is heavier in the front, which will cause more fish tailing not to mention more power but the v6 might be slower on take off it will gain by hitting the corners faster and less wheel spin. Also the gt's come with the trac-lock that helps push the car straight going into the corners. Now I'm NOT a pro at driving but have been able to win a few races on curvy roads and have raced gt's before and won because of the facts also to mention that when you're stopping to fill your tank I'm still racing down the road.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
Of corse I'm meaning stock 94-98gt up against a stock 94-98v6 the cars will handle pretty much the same because they came with the same suspensin other than the gt is heavier in the front, which will cause more fish tailing not to mention more power but the v6 might be slower on take off it will gain by hitting the corners faster and less wheel spin. Also the gt's come with the trac-lock that helps push the car straight going into the corners. Now I'm NOT a pro at driving but have been able to win a few races on curvy roads and have raced gt's before and won because of the facts also to mention that when you're stopping to fill your tank I'm still racing down the road.
Ok keep telling yourself this buddy.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post

Murph's Glassback!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij

I havent read all of the posts, but there is a guy here in clayton with an 04 V6, I believe...it could be an 03, that built a custom turbo and has done his fair share amount of work. It has turned into a budget project car if you can believe it, because all of the mods were built/put in by him. Even with this he has invested most of his money into that car and it is truly a looker and performer, one of the sharpest mustangs I have ever seen. This v6 could keep up/ probably pull away from my 2011 V8.....it is truly a sight.

I will just say this, if you can do it...more power to you, because you put alot more blood, sweat, and money into that car then most could endure when a more powerful option is there for you. Ill give you props, jump into my car and shake my head as I hear the beautiful sound of eight cylinders =)
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTibbij View Post
I havent read all of the posts, but there is a guy here in clayton with an 04 V6, I believe...it could be an 03, that built a custom turbo and has done his fair share amount of work. It has turned into a budget project car if you can believe it, because all of the mods were built/put in by him. Even with this he has invested most of his money into that car and it is truly a looker and performer, one of the sharpest mustangs I have ever seen. This v6 could keep up/ probably pull away from my 2011 V8.....it is truly a sight.

I will just say this, if you can do it...more power to you, because you put alot more blood, sweat, and money into that car then most could endure when a more powerful option is there for you. Ill give you props, jump into my car and shake my head as I hear the beautiful sound of eight cylinders =)
I give props to anyone who builds their own desires within their own budgets or likes. I just hate an arrogant sucker. (In other words I don't like people like me)
Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

It's not always about buying the car with the most horse power it's about buying a car and building it to run as fast as the cars with bigger motors. Yeh that guy with the home made turbo setup whent through hell fabbing all the parts but at least he can say he did it himself.

And Saleenfiend I know its got ALOT to do with the drivers of the cars its just Iknow I beat them fair and square and if you're in northern KY anytime look me up and I'll prove it to you. Not saying I would beat you but have beaten two gt's 5.0 and one 4.6L gt and several jap cars.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #77
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

on a street race anything can and will happen, you never know which car is really faster due to reaction time and all that BS. Even at the track where you get actual numbers and reaction time does not matter you still dont know as someone may not have driven the car to its full potential, but thats the only real way to find out for the most part.

There is no clear cut answer to which is better, you will make more power if everything is equal on a v8 due to it has more size... lol but its all about doing what you love.

When I had my 01 v6 I finally figured it would cost me far more to get to where I wanted than to buy something else and I wanted my 03 cobra~ so thats what I did, but I am glad many keep the V6s and modify them as they are great cars and its nice to be different sometimes and can be tons of fun as well. Its just about what you want.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij

But one thing that I would like to bring up is the new V6 (3.7L) changes everything. It can keep up/beat the old 4.6 with little to no work done to them and a good driver. I am extremely curious as to the potential of that engine. Its lighter and you can feel it in the way the car handles vs the 5.0 and the test numbers support that.

So with that said think if you slapped a large turbo on that sucker, it would be beastly. Add a good suspension package, grrrrr ford for not offering the performance package on the v6 right away , and you have an amazing machine. I think the future of the mustang will lie with a turboed version of the v6 with continually stricter gas mileage requirements.
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

^^ I think if ford ever goes to the V6 being the top model vs the v8 it will take a huge hit in likability especially by the enthusiasts but we shall see

the new v6 may make the hp/tq but the hp/tq graph is not the same at all, as with larger displacement you get a much better tq curve etc etc
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Anyone heard of the Squires Turbo Systems setups for the 05+ Mustangs? If you haven't, it is a company that produces remote twin turbo setups for many different models of vehicles, including Camaro's, Challenger's, Mustangs, etc...

Here is a picture:

Could you imagine this on a GT500? That **** would be UNSTOPPABLE!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #81

I beat the 1999-2004 GT's in my 02 V6 by about a car length and it's automatic. I actually just raced this kid at my school who has a manual 2003 GT with the only mod being underdrive pulleys and I beat him by a little more then a car length.
MODS:
CAI
Magnaflow true dual exhaust w/ 2 custom H-Pipes welded in (no cats)
Long tube headers
Performance spark plugs and wires
4:10 gears w/ posi track
SCT chip from american muscle (runs on race tune)
Mild cam from supersixmotorsports
And finally a custom tune from Houston performance (helped the most) Before the tune i was rated at 164 hp stock to the wheels. And after.....
HP: 220
TQ: 237
BTW... I have the 18*10 Saleen rims all the way around so they weigh my car down at the least lol. But the wider tires do help with traction.
sterlingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingboy View Post
I beat the 1999-2004 GT's in my 02 V6 by about a car length and it's automatic. I actually just raced this kid at my school who has a manual 2003 GT with the only mod being underdrive pulleys and I beat him by a little more then a car length.
MODS:
CAI
Long tube headers
And finally a custom tune from Houston performance (helped the most) Before the tune i was rated at 164 hp stock to the wheels. And after.....
BTW... I have the 18*10 Saleen rims all the way around so they weigh my car down at the least lol. But the wider tires do help with traction.
Bet he spent wwaaayyyyyyy less on his car and mod than you did on the car alone lol
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #83
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
A win is a win but maybe go hunt some imports eh....
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

i DON'T KNOW MY daily driver v6 can give your average fox body a run for the money !!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingboy View Post
MODS:
CAI
Long tube headers
You ever heard of the driver Mod?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #86
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Someone please shut this down...
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #87
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Ha
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:05 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Agreed
Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #89
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Just reading through this, and it is an old thread......As you wish!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang