I have to get a few items out of my totaled mustang - help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
I have to get a few items out of my totaled mustang - help

OK guys heres the deal - My friend's (who is storying my totaled 03 mustang) wife has some pretty serious health issues... so going down to visit the 03 for parts ( it's my parts car for my 00 mustang ) is a bit of a process....

I need a how to guide on how to remove these parts from the 03.

Center counsol

The air vents in the dash

Rear and front seats

I know alot of these things to remove are simple but i want to make sure I can am going in prepared because I don't just want to go take parts off the car, I'd like to visit with them also... so trying to be prepd'

drivers side mirror

Rear window carpeted section that holds the speakers up ...

Black_Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
Re: I have to get a few items out of my totaled mustang - help

buy a haynes repair manual, it has all the info you need

2003 gt, sct custom tuned by VMP, k&n fipk, upr o/r x-pipe, dynomax turbo mufflers, mm c/c plates, mm full length subframe connectors, h&r race springs, bullit rims 18x10 rear 18x9 front, 4.10 gears, 20% tint, 9 inch shorty antenna
edross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Massachusetts

The rear window carpeted piece is very easy. When you pull down the back seats there should be 3 bolts holding on the "headrest" type thing and you take that off and the carpet piece should pull right out.
Red 1998 Mustang V6 5-Speed. Flowmaster True Dual Glasspack Exhaust, AM Cold Air Intake, Black Chrome Cobra 17x9 fronts, 17x10.5 rears, short throw shifter, rear bumper inserts, billet grill top and bottom with pony insert, chrome shorty antenna, chrome shift knob, halo headlights-HID's 8000k, smoked fog lights-HID's 8000k, custom radio and speakers, Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

front seats are easy scoot them all the way forward and get the back two bolts (under the little black things you can pop off the seat track, 15mm bolt I think) do the same for the front for the two nuts. Then lift the seat up and unplug if powered. Thats it on the front seats.

For the rear drop down the back seat and remove the 3 bolts holding the head rest on, then remove the two bolts one on each end that you can now see~

Take a screw driver or something long like that and go to the far side of the car and stick between the bottom seat and the carpet (that crack there) and run it along and about a foot in or 10 inches~ you will hit a stop. There is a little button that you have to push in thats facing the front of the car, so move the screw driver to the front of the "bump" you feel and push in then raise up. Do the same for the other side. Take the bottom of the rear seat out. Then take the two bolts left on the seat frame for the top part of the rear seat off then lift up the rear seat and pull out to get it out.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Arizona

If its the front center vents, they are part of the center part that holds your stereo, there are a couple screws then pop it out.
Foxone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang