Turbo or Supercharger or NOS???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 50
Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Ok...here we go....I have decided, after much self debate, and every bolt on mod known to man, that I need a big power booster, it's what I wanted from the get go anyways, BIG power. So I have a 2010 v6 Stang, what is the best to go for power and why? I know you all have much experience in this matter so please let me know which way should I go?? Thanks everyone!
Camaro Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
SVTCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Region: Illinois
Posts: 552
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

I am a bigger fan of supercharging because all the horsepower and torque is right there and available through out the power band. Were as turbos kick in, in higher RPMs. I have never been a big fan of nitrous oxide so I don't advise it.

A Turbo setup will make you more power then a supercharged equivalent setup.

I think if you are going to see plenty of quarter mile track time go the turbo way. But if you are like me and see little to no track time do a supercharger. They are but for stop light battles(not that I approve of that).

There are a few chooses for supercharging your year Mustang. My favorite is Explorer Express's roots style blower. My buddy has one on his 2008 Mustang V6 and it is really cool. Made the car a ton quicker.

Explorer Express- Ford Ranger - Ford Explorer - Ford Mustang Performance

At the end it really comes down to what you can afford or are willing to pay.

But that is just my opinion, .02, or what ever you would like to call it.

Hope it helps.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

well its up to u....PAIN IN THE *** or SIMPLE or EASY..........NOS being the easiest and turbo being the PAIN IN THE ***......if u spare no expense and have a daily driver turbo all the way baby!
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

dont do nitrous... far to much of a hassle, costs more than you think, and is illegal on the street.

Turbo would be BEST but costs more and who knows if there are even any kits out yet for the V6's. A supercharger might be the easiest.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

F&F 101:
NOS is a brand, nitrous oxide is what you put into your engine.


Anyway I would go turbo...
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to DDavis30
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Turbo ... most power potential
Supercharger ... Big power and much easier to install

Either of the above will give you a very nice power gain and ya never have to worry about the bottle running empty

I never recommend nitrous
__________________
2004 V6 Mustang
2006 Pontiac Torrent
1990 Nissan 300zx
1999 Suzuki Intruder 1400
DDavis30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDavis30 View Post
Turbo ... most power potential
Supercharger ... Big power and much easier to install

Either of the above will give you a very nice power gain and ya never have to worry about the bottle running empty

I never recommend nitrous

I don't know about that [eaiser to install] part... If you can do headers and a s/c install you can do a turbo install (especially on a v6 mustang).
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
F&F 101:
NOS is a brand, nitrous oxide is what you put into your engine.


Anyway I would go turbo...
EVEYRONE knows nos is Nitrous they just refer to it as nos...like when i say im thirsty can im gonna grab a coke and walk out with a Dr pepper...its a coke/drink whatever...r u like on meds bro? like seriously u pick apart everybody in here try to make urself look like you know things..if u dont like this place and people then leave, and i would ***** slap u in person...i told u im a boxer...who did train a little in mma...i offered to meet and fight/spar u in person..not in a childish way but as man to man..you talk a big game bro and i seen ur videos on youtube..i knwo u say u trained in fighting well thats awesome but i dont buy it...a real fighter is not cocky and always looking to belittle someone to fill in gaps in there on insecurity because he is secure in himself as a fighter! You disrespect some of the most respected members in here on a daily basis...i got what u meant by a keyboard warrior but i let it go cause i dont buy in to ur crap! u think im full of **** call me out and lets bang..ill drive where ever whenever! ive sold my restaurant so at the moment all i got to do in my life is train and excerise to keep my mind unstress! U would make for a fun nite...come on im just a punk and a" keyboard warrior" right?...we can video it and posted it on here! something needs to give man, i would like to see this site grow but its cant with pricks like u running off newbies everyday by belittle them! say what u want with ur smart *** comeback but u been called out by ME...u wanna be a man and pick on people come pick on ME! Ill drive whereever...we can do it at my GYM down here of yours up there!
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 50
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Thanks for all the good advice and replies, as always very helpful, you guys are the best love this forum! And Zebs5408, good looking out man I appreciate your post, I'm just here to learn and grow my knowledge base, everything you said is right on point and I appreciate you saying something about being rude to people with less knowledge than others, thanks man!
Camaro Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

we all start somewhere bro, i didnt have daddy in the garage with me turning wrenches so its not second nature to all of us, i had to learn everything on my on little by little and learned BY ASKING PEOPLE. forums are designed to help people with problems or fellwoships about ur projects, NOT try to make urself look like the genius of the group. we save that for the rice forums, Thats where vcsstang gets that crap from, go to any honda or ricer forum and thats all they do is talk crap to each other and how im smart than u and blah blah blah LOL, anyway bro 90% of us members and ALL THE TOPED THANKED USERS are here to help and will be more that happy to walk u through anything step by step in laymans terms if need be....u can always im me and ill do what i can for u, if i cant fix it i can PM sonic pony and i know he will LOL
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 50
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Thanks again man, I really really appreciate it!
Camaro Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
EVEYRONE knows nos is Nitrous they just refer to it as nos...like when i say im thirsty can im gonna grab a coke and walk out with a Dr pepper...its a coke/drink whatever...r u like on meds bro? like seriously u pick apart everybody in here try to make urself look like you know things..if u dont like this place and people then leave, and i would ***** slap u in person...i told u im a boxer...who did train a little in mma...i offered to meet and fight/spar u in person..not in a childish way but as man to man..you talk a big game bro and i seen ur videos on youtube..i knwo u say u trained in fighting well thats awesome but i dont buy it...a real fighter is not cocky and always looking to belittle someone to fill in gaps in there on insecurity because he is secure in himself as a fighter! You disrespect some of the most respected members in here on a daily basis...i got what u meant by a keyboard warrior but i let it go cause i dont buy in to ur crap! u think im full of **** call me out and lets bang..ill drive where ever whenever! ive sold my restaurant so at the moment all i got to do in my life is train and excerise to keep my mind unstress! U would make for a fun nite...come on im just a punk and a" keyboard warrior" right?...we can video it and posted it on here! something needs to give man, i would like to see this site grow but its cant with pricks like u running off newbies everyday by belittle them! say what u want with ur smart *** comeback but u been called out by ME...u wanna be a man and pick on people come pick on ME! Ill drive whereever...we can do it at my GYM down here of yours up there!

Please get off your keyboard, everyone is a tough guy behind the computer, do you seriously think I would waste my time with your e-threats ... I'm scared

Have you never been to an actual car meet? No most people don't refer to nitrous as "nos" if you google search any forum when someone calls nitrous nos it almost immediately brings out a ton of "ricer" and "fast&furious" comments... I'm not sure why u mad bruh?!
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 703
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

im jacked
__________________

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
SVTCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Region: Illinois
Posts: 552
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

So Camaro Eater, what you leaning to Supercharging or Turbo? Or do you need more info on the both?
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 50
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Still a bit torn...I'm leaning towards Turbo right now...although I like the fact that the supercharger gives the power all through the rpm range Im definitely attracted that....just not 100% yet...
Camaro Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
SVTCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Region: Illinois
Posts: 552
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Eater View Post
Still a bit torn......although I like the fact that the supercharger gives the power all through the rpm range Im definitely attracted that....just not 100% yet...
That is why I really like Superchargers. The muscle is always ready. Do you have anything done internally to the 4.0?
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
iwannagofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 413
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Honestly if your goin to spend the money to do this work to your V6 you are better off just taking that money, trading in ur V6 and buying an V8. Trust me i've tried moddin out a V6 and it jus isnt worth it. Unless your car has sentimental value to you get a V8 and mod that. You will yeild hella bigger gains. V6 were made for the girls and/or people who want a stang but still need the V6 gas mileage.
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 50
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Ok. Well I wanted the v8 but couldn't get financed for it because I wanted a 2010. So now I have what I have an I'm just gonna flow with it! I don't have any internal work done to it yet but I was thinking about cams and heads..not sure..again.
Camaro Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to DDavis30
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
Honestly if your goin to spend the money to do this work to your V6 you are better off just taking that money, trading in ur V6 and buying an V8. Trust me i've tried moddin out a V6 and it jus isnt worth it. Unless your car has sentimental value to you get a V8 and mod that. You will yeild hella bigger gains. V6 were made for the girls and/or people who want a stang but still need the V6 gas mileage.
That's definitely a good point about the price of the mods vs the price to just get a v8... the v8 already has the muscle and the cost of a v8 model is close to the same as the v6 after being modded. Of course, a modded v8 will always be faster.
There is one big advantage to having a modded v6 over a v8 when it comes to paying for insurance... You end up with a modded v6 that acts like a stock v8 but pay a lot less for coverage..
__________________
2004 V6 Mustang
2006 Pontiac Torrent
1990 Nissan 300zx
1999 Suzuki Intruder 1400
DDavis30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
SVTCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Region: Illinois
Posts: 552
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDavis30 View Post
That's definitely a good point about the price of the mods vs the price to just get a v8... the v8 already has the muscle and the cost of a v8 model is close to the same as the v6 after being modded. Of course, a modded v8 will always be faster.
There is one big advantage to having a modded v6 over a v8 when it comes to paying for insurance... You end up with a modded v6 that acts like a stock v8 but pay a lot less for coverage..
I think 85% of people that have a V6 is because of insurance or finance issues. That is why I dont have a V8 I just couldnt afford insurance. I could buy the new 5.0 upfront in cash but I couldnt afford monthly insurance for the damn thing. Like Camaro Eater said I have what I have and Im gonna flow with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Eater View Post
Ok. Well I wanted the v8 but couldn't get financed for it because I wanted a 2010. So now I have what I have an I'm just gonna flow with it! I don't have any internal work done to it yet but I was thinking about cams and heads..not sure..again.
If I were you I would buy forged pistons and what not from supersixmotorsports along with their stage three heads and cams.

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...1HeadsCams.pdf

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...dInternals.pdf

If I were to build up my 4.0 that is how I would do it. Forged pistons with stage3 heads and cams. Then I would do the Explorer Express Supercharger. But like I said thats what I would do to my 4.0 if I wanted to boost my 4.0.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Eater View Post
Still a bit torn...I'm leaning towards Turbo right now...although I like the fact that the supercharger gives the power all through the rpm range Im definitely attracted that....just not 100% yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
That is why I really like Superchargers. The muscle is always ready. Do you have anything done internally to the 4.0?

Just remember the different types of superchargers. Centrifugal s/c's are very much like turbos, they build boost linearly (is that a word?). Positive displacement blowers (screw,roots) build boost instantly. And turbo's are kind of user dependent.. You can size one for almost anything you just have to sacrifice somewhere else; however will billet wheels and ball bearings and all the different things you can do with tuning, boost controllers, you have plenty of options.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Apologize to everyone about my out burst. Most of u have learn to control your actions and words with this guy i need to as welll.....if u read the post i was not wanting to sit behind a keyboard and that was out of line and brent has spanked me lol..sorry again guys
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
91sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 102
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

I am a vortech kinda fellow.
91sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

I Think youll fit in good here.....WELCOME bro
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
91sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 102
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

HA we shall see. I am very straight to the point, I dont sugar coat thinks so dont take anything personal lol. I am into the tech and making power and I will not post or comment unless I am telling facts. lol
__________________


331stroked vortech 16psi
91sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #26
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to DDavis30
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
I think 85% of people that have a V6 is because of insurance or finance issues. That is why I dont have a V8 I just couldnt afford insurance. I could buy the new 5.0 upfront in cash but I couldnt afford monthly insurance for the damn thing. Like Camaro Eater said I have what I have and Im gonna flow with it.
My point exactly... The reason mine is a v6 is because I'm going to give it to my son next year when he turns 16... that'll raise the insurance price for sure...
__________________
2004 V6 Mustang
2006 Pontiac Torrent
1990 Nissan 300zx
1999 Suzuki Intruder 1400
DDavis30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91sleeper View Post
HA we shall see. I am very straight to the point, I dont sugar coat thinks so dont take anything personal lol. I am into the tech and making power and I will not post or comment unless I am telling facts. lol
You may not last long Glad to see you over here
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
91sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 102
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

lol sup man I should be cool here maybe
__________________


331stroked vortech 16psi
91sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

where u at in GA?
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
91sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 102
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Vidalia
__________________


331stroked vortech 16psi
91sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
SVTCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Region: Illinois
Posts: 552
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Just remember the different types of superchargers. Centrifugal s/c's are very much like turbos, they build boost linearly (is that a word?). Positive displacement blowers (screw,roots) build boost instantly. And turbo's are kind of user dependent.. You can size one for almost anything you just have to sacrifice somewhere else; however will billet wheels and ball bearings and all the different things you can do with tuning, boost controllers, you have plenty of options.
Ive never been a big fan of centrifugal superchargers. Why? I don't know, I am programed weird like that were I like one thing and not the other. Kinda like Ford and Chevy. Why do I hate Chevy, because they are not a Ford. Then you ask why I like Ford? Its just the way I am. You could say I was Built Ford Tough!
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #32
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
Ive never been a big fan of centrifugal superchargers. Why? I don't know, I am programed weird like that were I like one thing and not the other. Kinda like Ford and Chevy. Why do I hate Chevy, because they are not a Ford. Then you ask why I like Ford? Its just the way I am. You could say I was Built Ford Tough!
After owning one, I'm not a huge fan of them anymore. I don't have a brand specification... The LSx has been spanking us.... until ford finally dropped a new 5L on them
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
iwannagofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 413
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

i like my centifical. and maybe its jus me but when i went form v6 to gt my insurance only went up 23 a month. and over the past 2 year has dropped and now is damn close to what i was paying before. but at 16years old its gonna be stupid high now matter what car you have if its a newer
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91sleeper View Post
Vidalia
dang were all stretched out over GA lol...im in columbus/phenix city area...others are in athens and savannah lol
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Region: California
Posts: 50
Re: Turbo or Supercharger or NOS????

I just thought of a couple things....1) I'm in California which has unbelievably strict emmisions laws, what does that do for my Turbo or supercharger options? Are they emmision friendly? Also what about internals like, cams, heads, etc. Are they going to effect emmisions??
Camaro Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo vs Supercharger chrisinbeav Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 15 09-15-2008 12:57 PM
02 Roush Stage 1 Supercharger or 125 shot of wet nos? DemonsRoush General Mustang Discussion 0 04-28-2008 08:14 PM
Supercharger or turbo? DonnyM32 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 07-23-2006 11:29 PM
turbo or supercharger fastang11 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 24 01-02-2006 10:36 PM
turbo or supercharger TexaStang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 07-20-2005 10:26 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.