P0122 Throttle Postion Circuit Low Input - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
P0122 Throttle Postion Circuit Low Input

So based on this thread: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t25676 I went out and purchased a new TPS and replaced it hoping that it would fix the knock I have had since I basically first bought the car.

Well here is the funny thing. Before I changed the TPS I was getting no code about the TPS. Well tonight I replaced it with a brand new one and cranked it up and at first I thought the knock was gone. I even did an amazingly awesome dance.

However after taking it out to drive the knock slowly came back. The thing is now the knock is quieter where it was louder before and louder where it was barely heard. Also it feels as if my shifts are off now.

So now I am getting a TPS error code p0122 using both Autozones scanner and my SCT Xcal2. My question is, why is my brand new TPS sensor throwing a code? What does Circuit Low Input mean and how do I fix it?

Does the TPS need to be calibrated? Am I missing something else? I do appreciate any help on this. I want to fix this.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272
Re: P0122 Throttle Postion Circuit Low Input

Unfortunately Brent. The TPS must be caliberated. I did not know this until I put it on myself and drove my car around. Unfortunately it did not take the knock away, however if I unplug the sensor, the knock WOULD go away completely. I read up that the TPS only adjusts the fuel pressure among acceleration along with ignition timing, SO. I have come down to conclude its one of those 2 things that isnt good. I put octane booster in and it seemed to quiet down a little. I might have bad gas, who knows. Im going to replace my spark plugs next, I checked my wires and I dont see any that are arching. As for the TPS make sure its not one from a GT, thats what mine was. Just google in "How to adjust a TPS" and you should come back with some sites. Best of luck brother.

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I know on the 5 liter, "adjusting" the TPS involves moving it around and moving it around slightly and then tightening back down until you get a proper reading at idle. Some people even go as far as to drill the holes out some until they can get it right.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272

Yeah that is how you adjust it, but it also has to be within a certain voltage for the engine to run exeptionally well.

Tech Articles - Adjusting Your TPS

Thats the site I went off of.

Rolls are for fat chicks
Old 02-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee

So you still have the knock? Keep me updated on anything you find out cause I have a feeling me and you have the same problem. Have you taken a voltmeter and tested the voltage? I am going to pick me up one tomorrow along with a few other things that I have needed to get done for awhile.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I still have the knock and yes I did adjust the TPS with the voltmeter. I sure will keep you updated, I cant stand any kind of foreign noise coming from my power plant so I am going to find out what this is.

Rolls are for fat chicks
Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Sounds like there's a tiny mythological creature jumping around poking holes in your exhaust. :yup:

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Sounds like there's a tiny mythological creature jumping around poking holes in your exhaust. :yup:
I can't beleive I didn't take that into consideration!

Rolls are for fat chicks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang