DarkEntity, "how much hp?" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:49 AM   #1

DarkEntity, "how much hp?"

No doubting or anything here I just wonder how much hp you assume you are putting down. Everything I find says your 2.5V6 J-Spec only makes 200hp? Which is not nearly enough to get a probe to a 13.3? But maybe you have more mods that I don't know about, anyway just curious. I will be in Dallas this Wednesday also!
a_bad_232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2003, 08:28 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Requiem
i dunno... the probe is a pretty light car... he does have other mods, but yeah... and i dont think he runs a 13.3. He got close to that with his mx6, but now its like high 13s or so.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:15 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
I think he ran the 13.3 in the mazda which has nitrous and ect mods.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2003, 04:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
Re: DarkEntity, "how much hp?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bad_232
No doubting or anything here I just wonder how much hp you assume you are putting down. Everything I find says your 2.5V6 J-Spec only makes 200hp? Which is not nearly enough to get a probe to a 13.3? But maybe you have more mods that I don't know about, anyway just curious. I will be in Dallas this Wednesday also!
the 13s was in my mazda, which has a 75 shot of ZEX nitrous oxide - it should actually be lower than that, except I'm still a newbie using N20 and didn't push it to it's hardest. The Probe's motor is the same as the one I have in the Mazda (2.5L V6, 200hp, 188tq) with the car wight being 2700lbs, racing suspesion, and nice 225 wide tires stock. Once done right with the J-Spec ECU, it should run low/mid 14s n/a. Too bad I blew out my exhaust gasket the 1st day I got my ECU, (the redline is at 7,800RPM) I was trying to shift really fast 1 to 2 racing against this dude's 5.0, and I mis-shefted, and just floored the gas pretty much being in neutral. My 9lb flywheel REALLY contributed - since with it my RPMs fly up faster than the dashboard tach can raise it's arrow. I went way over 8K RPM before I even knew what happened, so yeah.. it wasn't pretty. I have half the motor pulled apart right now - checked all the valves, they seem to be fine I just need to get to the exhaust manifold which is a ***** in my car. Since it (I guess you can call.. an import) a V6 in there is so crammed up, it's damn near impossible to get to stuff. I'm getting my car towed to our shop tonight or tomorrow to completely pull the rest of the motor out, and just dump it on the ground to I can work on it that way. But yeah.. that was quite a shocker when it happened - I thought I completely blew it out. It doesn't seem like it, but I will know for sure if I have any additional problems when we get it out of the car. It's actually kinda good that this happened - my car was running slower than I expected it to, and I thought it was my shifting and launches - well it wasn't. When I was taking it apart now, I noticed that when we dropped the motor in, a lot of the **** wasn't on tight so I had leaks all over the place losing compression. When I raced 99stang99 after just having my motor dropped in, I still didn't have the J-Spec ECU (so I was bouncing off the rev-limiter at 5,700RPM, losing like top 2000RPM where my car makes more power) towards mid 3rd I only had him by like 3 cars - now I know why... And now since I have everything completely pulled apart, I want to REALLy get deep down into my engine - and prep the internals to handle boost. That is my next goal for the car, to turbo it... Bosted KLZE V6 probes put down like 350-400hp to the ground at like 10PSI - sounds like fun to me.. I'm still also considering if I should dual it out right now, since I pretty much going to mess with all the exhaust **** - making like a little H-pipe running from both of my headers...

I'm still waiting on my friend to show up with his digi-cam to take pics of the car before I get it towed to the shop. He was supposed to come by last night, but he punked out... Hopefully today. It's a hell of a project, I definitly deserve to have some pics of it for bragging rights. Not many people out there have completely taken apart a V6 engine, and put it back together - after also dropping it into your car by yourself.

ok, wow.. this is a long post. end..
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
To give you guys a better idea of what I was talking about.... it being crammed and all - before I get the actual repair pics.

1) My intake manifold.. I have completely taken it off

2)I have 3 belts here... accesory belt, A/C belt, and under that black plastic cover, is my timing belt.. I took off of the belts, but my damn unorthodox pulley and another I think waterpump pulley are still holding it in place, and I can't friggin take them off - without taking it off, I can't pull out the heads to REALLY look at them, that's why I'm probably gonna pull the whole motor out again.

3)Under the intake manifold, is the rear head... Which I guess taken all the damage, since all the sound came from there, the front one (easiest one to do) seems to be fine.. I wish it was the other way around.

4)alllll the way down there, on the rear sife of the rear head, right next to the firewall is my exhaust manifold.. To get to it, I had to completely lie down flat on top of the engine - and try to reach it... I still havn't IT IS A MAJOR *****.

Actual pics are comming today or tomorrow... I have both of my Intake Manifold sitting at my patio right now side by side.. the stock Probe GT one, and the KLZE - it's gonna make a cool pic, they're actually pretty damn diffirent when sitting side by side.
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:35 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
hwo much different is the hp to weight ratio compared to a 01 up v6 stang 3100lbs and 193hp and 225tq? just wondering to lazy to use a calc.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Stang(193/225 3100)= 16.1 lb/hp & 13.8 lb/tq
Mazda(200/188 2700)= 13.5 lb/hp & 14.4 lb/tq
Old 10-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDonkey
Stang(193/225 3100)= 16.1 lb/hp & 13.8 lb/tq
Mazda(200/188 2700)= 13.5 lb/hp & 14.4 lb/tq
The HP there doesn't look right for the Mazda....
Should it be higher than the stangs power to weight ratio?
:

maybe I just suck at math.....
Extreme Effects.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That's showing how many pounds per horsepower/unit of torque. Each horse on the mazda is pulling 13 lb, compared to each stang horse pulling 16. Therefore, the Mazda's power:weight is better. if you want it the other way, then it's:

Stang = .06 hp/lb & .07 tq/lb
Mazda = .07 hp/lb & .06 tq/lb
Old 10-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
lol flip flop huh, i knew the stang had it in tq but not in hp, not that tht means that much you have to take in consideration of gearing, tranny gearing, fwd, or rwd and loses, and motor power band etc.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang