Engine size play into show outcome? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Engine size play into show outcome?

Does engine size play into the out come of a show? I just got back from the second show Ive been to this year and people dont even give my V6 a second glance. (this is from what Ive seen when Im sitting with my car. Or maybe its the wheels? (99-00 GT wheels) or the color? Or the fact I dont have any type of forced induction? Im really confused about what people look for at a car show.
MustangScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Engine size play into show outcome?

It all depends on the show. To be honest unless you have exactly what the judges want (flashy, gaudy, rice) they are going to look over your car. Don't go to shows to win, go to meet people and have fun.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
It all depends on the show. To be honest unless you have exactly what the judges want (flashy, gaudy, rice) they are going to look over your car. Don't go to shows to win, go to meet people and have fun.
I normally dont go to win. Im just confused about what they look for. It would be nice to be able to show something for all the hard work I put into this car.
MustangScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangScott View Post
I normally dont go to win. Im just confused about what they look for. It would be nice to be able to show something for all the hard work I put into this car.
Chrome gets their attention. Aftermarket gets a lot of attention, or custom things. Rims always get my attention.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

well not to be a dick but what makes ur v6 different from everyone else? its the lowest mustang one can buy, execpt for a Mustang II but thats not the point, what do you expect?
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Oh and a lot of the time a dd isnt gonna win, especially when there are a bunch of classics at shows.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
well not to be a dick but what makes ur v6 different from everyone else? its the lowest mustang one can buy, execpt for a Mustang II but thats not the point, what do you expect?
Contrary to your beliefs Mustangs II are heavily saught after cars within their Niche. You find that it may only come in a Niche of people, but I love the IIs. I wouldn't mind restoring one. Actually restomod would be the way I go.

Besides, there is nothing unique about a V6 Mustang with GT Wheels. Actually there is nothing unique about most vehicles. They look for something that makes you stand out. It can be low miles. Flawless paint. Best combination of car and judges at the right time wins a car show.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Post some pictures and we'll let you know what else you can do to make it look a little better.
CodySchraad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

My car gets very little attention at car shows as well, people generally are attracted to over the top outrageous crazy looking stuff. Some cars are really nice and just have a lot going on as well.

I find the trophys at a show generally are given based on how clean the car is more so than how wild and crazy (or how much cash is invested). This is the case at REAL car shows at least.

Generally you judge a car on the following (differences apply but this is genera)

20 points interior
20 points exterior
20 points engine bay
20 points under carriage
20 points how stock/how modified (depending on class which they look at)

thats 100 points~

what they look for to deduct points is how clean the car is. Hosing everything down with amoral is not clean, you have to remove dirt and get stuff looking as close to new as possible.

Work on that and I am sure you will do better trophy wise, but as I said most people go for the wild cars vs clean nice looking ones.

I have won a ton of trophy's over the years, they do me ZERO good... I have no use for them (technically they belong to the car anyway) so its about having fun, but we all enjoy recognition to let us know we have done a good job keeping our car nice.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

I agree with spec at the show i went to they actually gave us the paper that spec thoroughly explained was on it and i knew what I did wrong which wasn't cleaning enough but i went to hang out and didn't take the extra time to detail it.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Also, some shows are not as clear cut and done right... they just let people pick what they like best... in those cases its the people that they know, they did work for (you dont want a car you didnt install stuff in to win over one you did do you lol....) or rarity/v6 vs v8 thats when all that comes into play.

When you are at a smaller show that doesnt have specific categories for your car type expect that stuff, at REAL car shows especially Ford Shows you generally have a really good chance if your car deserves it as you will be broken down into your year set and type of car.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #12

Region: Missouri

when people look at a mustang they automatically think "wow, that must be fast" thats why they go over to your car wondering whats in the engine. i would get flashy things like a cold air intake, red plug wires, strut tower brace, valve covers. or soup it up to the point that you have a procharger or turbo. thatll get alot of attention. on the exterior they look for shiny wheels, pretty paint, body effects, and in the inside maybe a head unit with a set of subs. another thing to think about would be dual exhaust. in my humble opinion a car is useless the looks are backed up by performance
Old 09-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

I don't think it is the fact weather you win or lose. You shoulc just be proud of the things you have done. Don't do things to the cars because it is what other people are doing to theirs, BUT DO IT BECAUSE IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO MAKE YOU MORE PROUD OF THE CAR YOU OWN...

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Car shows are all about opinions unless it is a judges show and follows guidlines of judging.Judges look for the complete package meaning,the best of everything,paint,interior,wheels,engine ect....

If you go to a local car show just have fun and enjoy yourself.Dont get all worked up if you dont get a "OPINION" trophy.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang