Pony Package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Pony Package

So I have a newly paid off mustang and as I stated before I am looking to get the suspension upgraded. I was looking at the Ford Racing V6 handling package which has most everything. Then I heard that the Pony Package option that I added when I ordered my car already has a rear sway bar. My question is if the front and rear sway bars on the Frord Racing package are going to work better then the ones I already have. Or would I be better off just getting some Eibach springs and Toxico shocks and struts? The V6 handling pack also comes with a strut bar but I already have a Steeda strut bar given to me by a friend. The only reason I'm not using it yet is that it rubs on the underside of the hood and since I'm going to buy an aftermarket GT500KR style hood later, it should fit fine then and I won't need the spare strut bar.
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Pony Package

the springs/shocks/struts will make a more dramatic difference than the other sway bars
and if you wanna do sway bars i think it is more worth your money to find gt sway bars that someone took off their gt
theyre bigger than our pony package ones

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa

I would agree. The shocks/springs are the biggest gain in that package. I don't think you'll see much with the strut-brace (for most applications) as the s197 chassis is pretty stiff already. A couple of other things to consider:

1. Adj panhard bar. Dependig on how low you go with your springs, you may need this to help re-align the rear-end (usually once you go beyond 1.5" you'll see the rear-end move to one side by about a 1/4".

2. Caster Camber plates. Again, depending on how low you go with springs, you might need these to help bring it back in alignment.

3. New Strut-mounts. If you don't get CC plates, there is a good chance you will need to replace your strut mounts when you replace ths springs and/or struts. These are often a 'one time use' part and will either fall apart when you take the strut out or will 'pop' on you if you reuse it. Figure about $60-$70 for a replacement set.
John@NQS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

o and btw before you jump on the FRPP package, check out stranoparts.com. hes a highly recommended guy on a lot of the forums and if you give him a call he can work through whatever you need and recommend what all you need

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang