gauge colors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to wkndpaintballer
gauge colors

is there any way to change the gauge colors without the mycolor option. ive heard that if you have the wires going to the back of the button filler it is possible to get the mycolor option installed. but i was thinking if the lights are simply colorchanging leds i could make a setup to have them change colors

NOBODY cares about threats over the internet. Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard. FIGHTING ONLINE is like racing in the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still RETARDED .
wkndpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: gauge colors

That's one question I haven't heard anything about.

I'm sure there is a way to add it...but...there's no telling what it would cost.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well if they were color changing leds and i could find the wires i could make them change colors for under $30

NOBODY cares about threats over the internet. Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard. FIGHTING ONLINE is like racing in the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still RETARDED .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #4

Region: Louisiana

this would be nice to find out how to do this!!!

MODS| MAC EXHAUST AND MORE TO COME
philup6968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I highly doubt you can alter the colors unless you change the gauges, chances are the bulbs are clear its the gauge face that holds the color.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

You can upgrade a standard dash to a my color dash and order it online from http://fordpartsguy.com/, the cost is about $260.00 for the my color dash module with the computer and extra guages, $36.00 for the 3 button module. With shiping it cost $606.00, after you send in your old dash module they credit you back $300.00. It took me only 15 minutes to install, the dash trim over the module just pops out and only four bolts hold the module in with one plug in wiring harness in the back.For some unknow reason when you get a after market install of mycolor you also get a 75 MPH warning chime that you don't get from the factory mycolor another chime that this module had is when the vehicle is in reverse it chime constantly until the vehicle is put in a forward gear.

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

IMO the MyColor option is meh...I got it in mine from the factory, and it was cool at first, but to be honest, it got old after a while...once you pick a guage color that you like, you will stick with it pretty much permanently...and some of the colors you can make are really just too bright and downright annoying...I used to have my guages in a Superman Blue color, but it started to give me headaches driving at night lol...so then I got a satellite radio receiver which has an orangy-red color so i made the guages to match that color and i haven't changed the colors in almost 2 years now...there are much nicer interior upgrades that you could do for a lot cheaper...heck, i find going with a simple white face guage plate to be a better option for a much lower price tag....
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #8

i think i will stay away on spendin 600 bucks on lights when i can spend it on more needed umm how can i say HORSEPOWER !!!

MODS| MAC EXHAUST AND MORE TO COME
philup6968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I highly doubt you can alter the colors unless you change the gauges, chances are the bulbs are clear its the gauge face that holds the color.
no the numbers glow white when the headlights are off and green when on so there has to be a green bulb of some sort back there... i just dont wanna have to tear mine apart to find out... i just want the numbers to be red instead of green so the my color option is point less

Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

ok i took my instrument panel apart and fount that there are leds behind each number but they are so small that if they arent color changing it will be nearly impossible to replace them with a different color... when i have more time i will disassemble them further and see what i can come up with

Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
IMO the MyColor option is meh...I got it in mine from the factory, and it was cool at first, but to be honest, it got old after a while...once you pick a guage color that you like, you will stick with it pretty much permanently...and some of the colors you can make are really just too bright and downright annoying...I used to have my guages in a Superman Blue color, but it started to give me headaches driving at night lol...so then I got a satellite radio receiver which has an orangy-red color so i made the guages to match that color and i haven't changed the colors in almost 2 years now...there are much nicer interior upgrades that you could do for a lot cheaper...heck, i find going with a simple white face guage plate to be a better option for a much lower price tag....
+1 I don't fool with it at all I made mine a light blue and it's been that way for over a year. it's stupid anyway because all the other backlighting like the radio & a/c stay that ugly color green if it all changed color than it would be something to talk about

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

well all i have left is the a/c but they dont appear hard to change their color, the gauges are a pain bc they are on a circuit board that i dont wanna fk up

Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

on the 94-04 models its just a light and the gauge face determines the color, so fyi for you pre 05 guys
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang