Lowering Kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Idaho
Lowering Kit

Ok on my 98 Mustang I am looking to lower it only about 1.2 inches or so. Just enough to clean up the look, and inhance the handling. So with your experience should I get beltech or Ibach or Ford Motorsport? Thanks. I don't want a rough ride however.

racefan966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Lowering Kit

eibach makes Ford Racing C springs so I would go with them if you want a good drop without breaking the bank. The only issue with the C springs is they are linear rate. A progressive rate is softer at first and gets stiffer as its compressed vs a linear thats the same rate always. Its basically a better ride with progressive~ but its not horrible either way.

The C springs are 600/300 rate (front/rear) vs stock thats like 400-200~

They are around 150 bucks a set and you can cut em depending if they have been cut yet or not to get a 1.2-1.5 drop.

You will need Caster Camber plates (maximum motorsports 4 bolt = best) and those are 180 bucks

Then you need it installed which is rather easy (read how to here) and an alignment.

Install should take a shop about 3-4 hours and cost 200-300 bucks.

If you only lower it about an inch you MAY not need CC plates but it all depends... if you do need them its about the same work to install them as the springs so I might just do it all at once to avoid the issue.

If you dont care about handling eibach makes a softer stock spring rate that just lowers the car

2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Idaho
Re: Lowering Kit

I do all my own work as a mechanic including the alignment which is a custom alignment as I add a touch neg camber and a touch pos caster to help corner better. I just am trying to get an idea which would be the better option. I know that bbk and eibach. I like the info given with the spring rate I guess I could have checked their web site and found that too. No camber caster plates past 93 mine is a 98 strut suspension so it is adjusted at the strut with an acentric bolt kit. Thanks.
racefan966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang