Cracked manifold? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Exclamation Cracked manifold?

2000 v6 5spd
So i think my driver side manafold if cracked or maybe a leak somewhere around that side.. did the sea foam thing and smoked rolled outa my driver side manifold.. i cant pin point where it is but i think its my manifold.

has anyone ever had there flange thing leak? like where the manifold connects to the rest of the pipe. it would be awesome if all i need to do is tighten that down a little bit but ive never had the driver side off so i dont think its the problem.

anyway if it is my manifold what should i do? My passenger side is cracked for sure i know ive had it off and fixed it. it was cracked but not leaking and i welded it and put it back on... should i go down the the junkyard and try and find one or just order a set from AM.. i do like chrome and them BBKs look really nice lol.. i do have duals also so im guessing the BBks will have a different tone as well
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Cracked manifold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
2000 v6 5spd
So i think my driver side manafold if cracked or maybe a leak somewhere around that side.. did the sea foam thing and smoked rolled outa my driver side manifold.. i cant pin point where it is but i think its my manifold.

has anyone ever had there flange thing leak? like where the manifold connects to the rest of the pipe. it would be awesome if all i need to do is tighten that down a little bit but ive never had the driver side off so i dont think its the problem.

anyway if it is my manifold what should i do? My passenger side is cracked for sure i know ive had it off and fixed it. it was cracked but not leaking and i welded it and put it back on... should i go down the the junkyard and try and find one or just order a set from AM.. i do like chrome and them BBKs look really nice lol.. i do have duals also so im guessing the BBks will have a different tone as well
The shorties wont do anything for sound and power. And that chrome finish will be gone the first time you start the car. Id just grab them out the junkyard. If you were looking at long tubes then id say go with them instead
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

those cars are known for the AC to leak on the manifolds and crack them, should be a cheap part to get though from a pull a part junk yard.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
those cars are known for the AC to leak on the manifolds and crack them, should be a cheap part to get though from a pull a part junk yard.
I've always thought it was just the passenger side though. Sucks for both of them to crack like that.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

The A/C condensation drain sits right over the passenger side manifold. I agree with the long tubes, shorties are just really for looks.
shipwreck_98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang