Turbo Questions. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:31 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Turbo Questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
If you have the proper tools, tubing, boost/vacuum lines, and a kit designed specifically for your car, a turbocharger install can take one day or less(full install).
It could if a kit for the V6 had as much R&D as a mass produced kit for V8's does. Not knocking Andy's kits by any means, they are great. But he does leave you with a little "extra" work to do, and the pipe routing for the V6 set up is not an easy one to his credit and to our install nightmare lol.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:11 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Re-read how I explained it. Superchargers will make more power per pound than a turbo in similar set ups. Like I said, the difference comes from the SC robbing a portion of it back from using a belt.

Don't be absurd about being the only one who can mod without breaking things. The conversation that was had earlier, and is no doubt why you brought it up again, related that when you mod a car for more performance, it will eventually have "problems" as Brandon said. Unless a car is built from the ground up for a specific amount of power (like factory, for factory specified power), something will always be put under more strain than it was built to handle for the same period of time. It has nothing to do with whether it was done right or wrong. Something will give, either the part or time, and time doesn't give so... And I'd be knocking on wood if I were you. Just because you haven't had any problems yet, doesn't mean you won't. I hope you don't but it is statistically unlikely, and would defy the physics of stress.

Kit (procharger/Vortech) superchargers are typically completely engineered. Everything bolts in place. Having helped do a complete Procharger install, it was done in one full day (he already swapped pumps), but Andy's kits still had some rough edges (at the time) that needed to be worked out or figured out before being put on and took, I think it was, 3-4 plus the exhaust has to be redone (at least at the dump location). Simply having to do the exhaust side of a turbo install makes it more time consuming than a super install, it's half the system...
I did my turbo kit in a day, took like 10 hours?? To compare with 3 people helping me (one guy who had done it before) it took us 6 hours to do my vortech kit. The crossover is a bit of a PITA but eh?

As for as knocking on wood I'm not worried, most of the time I drive this car like I stole it. Maybe in another 90k I'll start to worry about something.

And I'm no amazing mechanic or anything either, I'm a computer science major. Everything I do came from me reading, or looking at pictures, and going "no way I'm going to pay someone to do this" ...
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #38

bro, skip the f/a/i and go nitrious. a big thing anyone forgot to mention is that with forced air induction is that **** is probably goin to break. so on top of the 3k to 5k u can spend on a s/c t/c u will still have spend more cash on replacement parts as u go. u can get a good kit for about 500.00 is the average. and a 10lb bottle goes anywhere from 30 to 50 bucks, u can go from 35hp boost to 150hp. but dont go over 100hp boost on the v6. it has been made very same to use nitrious, even for the average joe who doesnt really know about cars bout still wants too have some fun.
02bluevenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02bluevenom View Post
bro, skip the f/a/i and go nitrious. a big thing anyone forgot to mention is that with forced air induction is that **** is probably goin to break. so on top of the 3k to 5k u can spend on a s/c t/c u will still have spend more cash on replacement parts as u go. u can get a good kit for about 500.00 is the average. and a 10lb bottle goes anywhere from 30 to 50 bucks, u can go from 35hp boost to 150hp. but dont go over 100hp boost on the v6. it has been made very same to use nitrious, even for the average joe who doesnt really know about cars bout still wants too have some fun.

VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post

Lmao, thats tight.

v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Quote:
First post fail
Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post

so awesome lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:

You run a higher risk of failed componets when spraying boost as the pressure is almost instanteous multiplied in a the engine of a Nitrous induced rage attack. While spray is fun it's only temporary and well your car doesn't always perform with the additional power. I like to have power on demand everytime. Nitrous depending on your usage habits can add up to alot of money through time and damage.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang