Cobra R Front Bumper - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

nbennett is unknown around these parts
Cobra R Front Bumper

I'm finding it impossible to locate a Cobra lip for my 99'. I already have the Mach grille delete, some killer wheels, and of course limo tint. The only other thing I'm looking to do is the front lip and my buddy is removing a coil this Thursday to lower it. But I can't find one anywhere. Everyones out of stock it seems like. Does anyone know a seller? I'd also be interested to see/hear of any recommendations as far as cosmetic upgrades I might want to consider.

THANKS!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #2

Tazzy is unknown around these parts
Re: Cobra R Front Bumper

Just took a 2000 cobra r bumper off the yello GT .....I didnt care for it ..its not a daily driver bumper especially on a lowered car ...We had to repair this bumper i know 5 times due to scrubing driving into parking lots ..Or me i ran over a woodland creature and cracked it ....I wouldnt recomend it on a car you drive all the time and especially if its lowered ...........

Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

KyleUSAF is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

if you want one for a daily driver, i'd get the 99/01 cobra bumper and the 00 cobra r lip seperately...though it is more expensive, it'd let you put the lip on for whatever you wanted it on for, and off for daily driving.

pretty pricey

gefracing.com: STEEDA 2000 COBRA "R" AIR DAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #4

I agree ..I wish this one had a lip i could remove ..Id just run the part that looks like a cobra bumper ...PLus it wouldnt scrub the ground near as bad ..
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

SpectorV is just getting started.
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I dont care for it, it is to low and doesnt flow with the car.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

JROC is unknown around these parts

Cobra R frontend FTMFW, much nicer than the Terminators ugly front bumper!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #7

I think 03 - 04 bumpers are cool though i do like the 99 - 01 bumpers the best
Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

PureVenom is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Cobra R frontend FTMFW, much nicer than the Terminators ugly front bumper!
So...do you ever have anything nice to say about the cobras? If the car is so horrible, why the hell do you have one? I can't think of a single thing you have said nice about the 03/04 cobras. If you have, then it must be buried under everything you have bashed about it.

As for the Cobra R front splitter...here are my thoughts on it. Things from the 00 Cobra R are better left on the 00 Cobra R. The splitter, spoiler, everything. It works on the R, however, on a regular mustang...it just looks like a **** scraper.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

JROC is unknown around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
So...do you ever have anything nice to say about the cobras? If the car is so horrible, why the hell do you have one? I can't think of a single thing you have said nice about the 03/04 cobras. If you have, then it must be buried under everything you have bashed about it.
Thats because you are a negative person and you must not try to remember any of the complements I have given the car. I'm always having to agrue with you about how the GT500 is really a better car and that makes me look like I hate Terminators, which infact are my favorite Mustangs. Terminators aren't the end all to Mustangs, get over it. And yes the front end is looks out of place on them.

Here's a question for you, if your looking to buy a performance car then why buy a convertiable, that doesn't make any sense to me?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Here's a question for you, if your looking to buy a performance car then why buy a convertiable, that doesn't make any sense to me?
Because I had a coupe, and I don't go to the track, and I rather enjoy rolling with the top down. Not to mention, the convertible is just as fast as the coupe version. So...its all the same anyhow.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

bbunt302 is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post

As for the Cobra R front splitter...here are my thoughts on it. Things from the 00 Cobra R are better left on the 00 Cobra R. The splitter, spoiler, everything. It works on the R, however, on a regular mustang...it just looks like a **** scraper.
Have you ever said anything bad about the Cobras? If the car is so great, why the hell don't you worship them as gods? I can't think of a single bad thing you have said about the 03/04 Cobras. If you have, it must be buried under all the maniacal praise.

As for the Cobra R front spliiter...here are my thoughts on it. Things from the 00 Cobra R are better left on the 00 Cobra R. The splitter, spoiler, everything. It works on the R, however, on a regublah blah... it just blah blah blah. **** scraper.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Have you ever said anything bad about the Cobras? If the car is so great, why the hell don't you worship them as gods? I can't think of a single bad thing you have said about the 03/04 Cobras. If you have, it must be buried under all the maniacal praise.

As for the Cobra R front spliiter...here are my thoughts on it. Things from the 00 Cobra R are better left on the 00 Cobra R. The splitter, spoiler, everything. It works on the R, however, on a regublah blah... it just blah blah blah. **** scraper.
Yes....I have....and yes....I do worship my car as a god....so I guess I am covered.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang