Spanked? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Spanked?

I'm heading down to Cali to visit my uncle, he's got small cell lung cancer and is passing soon. My cousin just called and said his truck is the shop and the gave him a V6 camaro for a week or so. He wants to run it against me for ****s and grins. Before I get flamed this will be done on private property, not the streets. We have a ranch with a 2 mile private driveway. I know the camaro has 100 hp more so I'm not expecting to win. But with all the basic bolt ons and gears and a tune might I be able to even keep up? BTW, both cars are auto and mines an 07 Pony package.
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #2

Region: Texas
Re: Spanked?

with the mods in your sig, i think you may have a good chance holding your own now. i've got more bolt ons than you, but i ran up against a new v6 camaro and blew his doors off. i believe it was stock. but i think you should be good to go. maybe get a more aggressive tune.
longalan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm gonna fill up a 1/4 of the tank only and with premium and go for my 91 performance tune. I'll let ya'll know on Monday. Even if he wins, he still has to return it and go back to his POS Chevy truck. Meanwhile I'm driving around in the ***** magnet.
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yea u will give him a good run for his money with your mods.
the shift points with your tune will definitely make a difference when running against his
if the camaros are anything like the mustang autos thats a pretty big disadvantage
that being said i still think the camaro might beat you, but let us know!

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That's quite a bit of tunes, ur shift points will have a big effect, also whoever has the most balls and aint scared to really drive might get an advantage
tvsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

***** magnet?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

lol its v6 bro, not a Shelby
Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

and you think most girls know the difference? lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

true as long as its shiny and looks new right?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

amen haha
no offense to the couple girls on here lol ur a different breed

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

You should get him off the line and give him a good run, but he will end up winning unless he is a terrible driver. The new v6 camaro's are top end screamers.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #12

Your v6ers are slow :p
omahamustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

My girlfriend's dad tried to race me in his '10 V6 Challenger from a red light. Says he spanked me but he got at least a two second head start because I didn't know he was going to jump the light
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Well buy now the guy should've raced and since he hasn't posted again on here I believe he got spanked or something else went wrong.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
My girlfriend's dad tried to race me in his '10 V6 Challenger from a red light. Says he spanked me but he got at least a two second head start because I didn't know he was going to jump the light
Those things are horribly slow. You should challenge him again. If he says no he knows he will get beat lol.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Those things are horribly slow. You should challenge him again. If he says no he knows he will get beat lol.
I have beat others like it. So I know I can do it. They're too heavy and have poor handling
Old 10-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

drive smart bro youll be fine. dont hit the pedal right to the floor and what not.

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

You will beat him like a red headed stepchild the Camaro RS (RS=Really Slow) is a dog, I spanked one a couple of weeks ago. He provoked me and I schooled him!

Northern Virginia Mustang Club
Silver Mustang Registry #1045
2010 Brilliant Silver 4.0 V6 Traded and will be missed
2011 Performance White Premium GT 5.0 6MT, 19" Machined Wheels, 3.73 gears, GT500 Axle-Backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Dynojet #'s 387rwhp/380 tq.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

***** Magnet was a joke, it was his nickname for it b/c when I got it he was driving a beat up VW Thing. In the end he won by under a length. I had him off the line and pulled quite a bit but he got me in top end. It was damn close though so I can't say I feel bad. He was proud until he had to call me b/c he bought a printer at Costco with some other odd's and ends but the trunk opening on the Camaro was too small and he could not fit it in the car. Those things look nice as all get out but are not reasonable for day to day use.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
I'm heading down to Cali to visit my uncle, he's got small cell lung cancer and is passing soon. My cousin just called and said his truck is the shop and the gave him a V6 camaro for a week or so. He wants to run it against me for ****s and grins. Before I get flamed this will be done on private property, not the streets. We have a ranch with a 2 mile private driveway. I know the camaro has 100 hp more so I'm not expecting to win. But with all the basic bolt ons and gears and a tune might I be able to even keep up? BTW, both cars are auto and mines an 07 Pony package.
WTF... Sob story...BAMM!! Racing Story..

For real though... sorry about your uncle. Small Cell cancer is the fastest spreading cancer and in lots of cases terminal. My ex girlfriend's sister has just recently been diagnosed with Small Cell Ovarian Stage IIIc
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, the bad news is that we left my house in Vegas at 5am for the trip down to spend time with him and we got a call at 5:30 am that he had passed. That's life for you though, day late and a dollar short. But in honoring his wishes we have a raging pig roast/kegger for next weekend. We're gonna have about 400-500 people so he's going out with a bang.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Yeah, the bad news is that we left my house in Vegas at 5am for the trip down to spend time with him and we got a call at 5:30 am that he had passed. That's life for you though, day late and a dollar short. But in honoring his wishes we have a raging pig roast/kegger for next weekend. We're gonna have about 400-500 people so he's going out with a bang.
Always good to see someone rejoice in memory of a loved one.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang