cold air intake relacement filter sizes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to nekronos
cold air intake relacement filter sizes

I have a fender well mounted CAI for a v6 2001 mustang. I've done a good bit of searching already, went out and bought a spectre replacement filter (only thing that fit my 3.5" tube locally) for about 25 bucks ,not bad price and fit my 3.5" tube just fine.... but the filter itself was quite fat (6.5") and wouldn't fit... trying to avoid sawing and drilling my fenderwell area (whatever you call that metal part where the hole is) to widen it and allow the filter through.

Anyone know model numbers or filters or recommendations as far as brands, etc with a 3.5" inlet I can get that fit through the fender well of a 2001 v6?
Probably needs to be less than 5.5" wide and 8" long

I see there is a stack racing replacement filter on american muscle but no sizes are listed (i'm assuming its going to fit since its being sold for a v6 but I can't call them since its past hours), the bbk one looks a bit fat. ASAP, as I don't want to be driving my car without a filter lol... and I have been for awhile up until I realized I had no air filter, must have lost it on a drive.

thanks!
nekronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Re: cold air intake relacement filter sizes

Thats why I bought the BBK intake kit direct fit. Include pics and I will see if I can up with any ideas.
racefan966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekronos View Post
I have a fender well mounted CAI for a v6 2001 mustang. I've done a good bit of searching already, went out and bought a spectre replacement filter (only thing that fit my 3.5" tube locally) for about 25 bucks ,not bad price and fit my 3.5" tube just fine.... but the filter itself was quite fat (6.5") and wouldn't fit... trying to avoid sawing and drilling my fenderwell area (whatever you call that metal part where the hole is) to widen it and allow the filter through.

Anyone know model numbers or filters or recommendations as far as brands, etc with a 3.5" inlet I can get that fit through the fender well of a 2001 v6?
Probably needs to be less than 5.5" wide and 8" long

I see there is a stack racing replacement filter on american muscle but no sizes are listed (i'm assuming its going to fit since its being sold for a v6 but I can't call them since its past hours), the bbk one looks a bit fat. ASAP, as I don't want to be driving my car without a filter lol... and I have been for awhile up until I realized I had no air filter, must have lost it on a drive.

thanks!
Look on K&Ns site for a Filter that connects to a 3.5" tube but you can mess with sizes on here

K&N Universal Air Filter, Crankcase Vent Filter, Flame Arrestor, and Filter Wrap Search by Dimension (i've already done somewhat of a search for you)
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Do you want it to fit through the hole or what? mine I had to take the Plastic inerfender well off and slide the pipe throught the metal fender well and put the filter on like that. I don't know of a filter that will go through the hole thats fits 3.5 inch pipe.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 AM   #5

This thread seems to be a bit confusing to me. To be honest, I don't have knowledge about car stuff specially Airaid cold air intake. But im learning here guys with the different topic you have.
clarkandrew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkandrew45 View Post
This thread seems to be a bit confusing to me. To be honest, I don't have knowledge about car stuff specially Airaid cold air intake. But im learning here guys with the different topic you have.
Yea, I wasn't exactly sure what the OP (original poster) was asking in entirity but it seems like my answer was what he may have been looking for. I'm sure we will find out shortly once he responds.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkandrew45 View Post
Im pretty sure that this is the one that the OP is looking for. Anyway I have to you the credits on this answer SaleenFiend.
clarkandrew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

No, I think his problem is that he is trying to fit the Air filter into the fenderwell from under the hood. He needs to install the air filter from underneath the car.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
cold air intake