This is my first post. I just bought my girlfriend a car my neighbor had sitting for a year in his front yard. A 2000 mustang
v6 coupe automatic with a/c hood scoop, rear spoiler in silver.
This is what I noted:
1. Price 1600.00 best part of deal.
2. Dead battery replaced 75.00 our cost.
3. Rubber hose by power steering pump replaced 15.00 now works great.
4. Original owner replaced computer brain for 1200.00 his prob. Not ours!
5. Tires and brakes 75% wear left on them!
6. One scratch on passenger rear quarter panel.
7. Seems like minor exhaust leak.
Paint and interior well taken care of. We live in Los Angeles. My family history has always been mustangs and fords, my grandad had his own Ford dealership in Bellefontaine Ohio. MacGillivray Motors. I even have a bunch of old dealership stuff from the 1950's and 1960's. My first new car out of college was a 1994 ford mustang gt convertible. I loved it. Since then ive gone to the dark side with being the current owner of a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and a 2005 Nissan Xterra Off road edition.
My question to this great forum is there any hotspots or items of concern I should look for in her car so we can head off the problems now in her 2000 sport coupe v6?
I like getting my hands dirty and can work on cars easily and the tools and garage to do it.