Mustang Evolution Forum banner

V6 Mustang W/ Flowmaster 10's~Single Chamber

Tags
v6 mustang
17K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Qwik Four Six 
#1 ·
I did put the Flowmaster Super 10 Series mufflers on the Mustang. I love it. I used stock headers & cats, custom intermediate piping mostly 2.25", single chamber mufflers, and reused stainless steel tips. Let me know if it is what youexpexted it to sound like. Video posts on YouTube. Search Under: "robb15033" and I posted 2 of them. Let me know GOOD/BAD !/?:wtf

#4 ·
Thanks for the honesty.
I'm gonna make another video weather permitting. I noticed with that cheap camera of mine, that if it's positioned too low, it distorts and gives a terrible translation because of the distorted vibrations on the mic.
I have driven it around for a couple of days now and I just love it. Perfect setup for me and its satisfying, finally.:good:

#5 ·
Yah not too bad...sounds nice at idle, I've always had a hard time with the way flowmasters in particular sound in the higher rpms, but that's the way of the 6.

Can you get a couple shots of fly bys or in car driving...be interesting to hear them from the driver's/onlooker's perspective.

#8 ·
Yes, I'm doing that later this morning/afternoon. It has been windy(25-45mph) for the last 5 days. Today looks better.
I think you will have a much more opptimistic opinion of the mufflers when I rcord what you said- Drive bys- Interior recording. I am very impressed. They work for my car with my add-ons ect. just right.
Thanks alot and PLEASE comment on the next ones I post> Honesty is only gonna help me whit it.

#6 ·
I think your car is very clean looking :)

Overall I think it sounds pretty good. It would be awesome to here it driving by.

I have flows on my v6 and I like them overall. Sometimes I wish it would sounder deeper so I think getting a prochamber but idk.

#10 ·
Yeah, I agree with you. I think a Prochamber or in-line resonator preceding the one chamber mufflers would work great with almost all of the Mustang V6's.
Or in combination with the Original 40's if a pair could be found like you said. And thanks for the comments, I'll post better quality clips to better get a feel for what they're like.

#13 ·
Man, your reading my mind. Yesterday I spent an hour looking and tagging tips but I (& I thought everyone else) only have a few inches from the tip down before hitting the hanger rod welded on there. When i was looking I saw alot of 18" and 12" tips. What do you recommend? I need help on this one.

#24 ·
Yeah man, I did it! Got some FM 10's put on. I ordered a set of CC Inserts this week too. I hope to have them in the exhaust by X-Mas. I think the 2 disc inserts are gonna put it over the top crazy sounding. I love it.
Thanks for your help.:headbang:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.