would like some insight - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: would like some insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95white View Post
none of that answeres my question at 75 mph 1800 rpm on my 95 v6 auto, what gears does it have and is that a good thing?
I know for a fact you have 2.73 in your stang, that is the stock gear and only gear that comes with the v6 from factory " witch is stupid IMO" But mine runs the same rpm's and mine has 2.73's. I would swap in a gt rear that has 3.27's or buy a set of 3.45's for your rear that way you still have some road speed but also boost your take off, you will need a tuner to unlock the speed limiter on your car or it will not go over 100 mph with the new gears. I know with 3.73's with the speed limiter you can only get 87ish mph out of it floored with your foot trying to push the pedal through the floor lol.

On the meth kit i'm sure you can run it but like said before most people use that on forced induction so I don't know how good it would work on a n/a car.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Meth won't do anything unless you have a power adder. Nitrous or boost. It cools the air charge with boost and with nitrous its a safety net when you spray big...and you have a 2.73 rear gear. Great for highway. Sucks for performance
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
Meth won't do anything unless you have a power adder. Nitrous or boost. It cools the air charge with boost and with nitrous its a safety net when you spray big...and you have a 2.73 rear gear. Great for highway. Sucks for performance
Thank you for clearing up what I thought about the water/meth.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #39

Region: New York

ok so whats a cheaper upgrade? the GT rear or the gears?
95white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95white View Post
none of that answeres my question at 75 mph 1800 rpm on my 95 v6 auto, what gears does it have and is that a good thing?
you have 2.73, its good for mileage but bad for performance. A set of 4.10s will REALLY wake the car up... but raise rpms up to around 2250 for 65mph on the highway~ (there about not 100% sure) the issue you will have is speedometer calibration... everyone says "just put the right speedo gear in it and your good" the problem is its not 100% accurate.

You may can do a speedcal unit (plugs in between the trans and the computer and can alter the signal to slow/speed up the speedo/odometer. Not sure though, I know dallas speedcal is where I had one on my 01, see if your 95 will work with it. american muscle or cj pony parts may have em~ not sure.

gears 150-200
install 200-300
speedcal 150~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95white
ok so whats a cheaper upgrade? the GT rear or the gears?
Depends on if you can find a used GT Rear for cheap. In turn that wont guarantee it will have 3.73's. If I was you, I would just do the gears in what you have and be done with it rather than swap out the whole rear.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

It depends on what you want to do with the car. If you plan on making big power - built engine, FI or both, you'll want an 8.8" rearend. It is much stronger than the stock 7.5", with the weakest link being the spider gears. They tend to give out in the 7.5" way before the 8.8".

But if you just want better acceleration and better launches with a near stock car, then taller gears and a tlok for the 7.5" will do just fine.

I remember seeing in a CJ Pony Parts catalog the entire 8.8" rear with 3.73's new for ~$600-700 plus shipping (freight). If that deal is still being offered, and you were considering the 8.8, I'd look into it...can't beat the price for a new rearend plus gears.

The best part is the 8.8" mount right in place without any hassle.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
It depends on what you want to do with the car. If you plan on making big power - built engine, FI or both, you'll want an 8.8" rearend. It is much stronger than the stock 7.5", with the weakest link being the spider gears. They tend to give out in the 7.5" way before the 8.8".

But if you just want better acceleration and better launches with a near stock car, then taller gears and a tlok for the 7.5" will do just fine.

I remember seeing in a CJ Pony Parts catalog the entire 8.8" rear with 3.73's new for ~$600-700 plus shipping (freight). If that deal is still being offered, and you were considering the 8.8, I'd look into it...can't beat the price for a new rearend plus gears.

The best part is the 8.8" mount right in place without any hassle.
The 8.8 is definitely stronger, and if you could get one at that price with the gears installed, that's one hell of a deal!
Might cost a little chunk to ship it, but that's a kick *** deal!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Okay, now I think I've found the right thread.

I have a 2000 v6, auto that threw a rod and needs a new motor.
I also have a 1994 v6, auto I'm trying to restore/upgrade.

Seeing the above comments, how complicated is the split port swap?
What all parts from the motor of the 2000 can be used in the 1994?
Can I use the entire intake system from intake to throttle body as well?

Sorry for all of the questions I am just so anxious to wake my ponies up
NeedSomeMods is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang