Wishing you had a v8? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang
I dnt want kids because of how expensive they r n I would never part with my car for anything....id rather have a whole bunch of stangs than a few kids
I thought the same way. That's why I'm 29 and just now had my first and only. No more for me lol. Hell, somebody is going to have to take over my car when I die!!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I thought the same way. That's why I'm 29 and just now had my first and only. No more for me lol. Hell, somebody is going to have to take over my car when I die!!
Haha exactlly I always thought no kids for me just bikes and cars...WRONG, lol I'll make the sacrifice now, a baby is a blessing but not a baby for long, soon she'll be in the garage with me. Plan on getting another foxbody gt and build it with her.
KMP90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP90GT

Haha exactlly I always thought no kids for me just bikes and cars...WRONG, lol I'll make the sacrifice now, a baby is a blessing but not a baby for long, soon she'll be in the garage with me. Plan on getting another foxbody gt and build it with her.
That is my plan as well. Already on the lookout for another fox this weekend to build with my son. Ill use it as a DD until he's old enough! That's awesome! Your post helped me drive the point home with the g/f. She likes the idea even more now. Thank ya!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang
I absolutely love my 2009 v6 mustang but lately ive been getting alot of crap about my mustang being a v6. I Intend on purchasing a GT later in life but i can't really afford it. I want the power for bragging rights and the looks but im not willing to give up my mustang. Just want more power in the same car. Anyone else have the same feelings?
Yes, I had a 1997 mustang v6, it sounded hood and looked good, but I'm in high school and I was worried about what people might think because it's a v6. So I sold it, and got an 89 5.0 conversion that will blow them away, but it needs more work. I got the 89 for only $400 more than what I sold the 1997 for. I'm really kicking myself for selling it because now, I don't like the way it looks because the exterior is stock, so I hwve to worry about what people might think of how this one looks. It sounds good and it's fast so they can't say much. My advice, don't worry about ricers, or what other people might think, keep the car if you like it and just do a swap later on.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #40
Road Trip!

I like the Fox better.
F what everybody else thinks! If anyone thinks my car is ugly, let me know please, ill tell ya where to go!!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like the Fox better.
F what everybody else thinks! If anyone thinks my car is ugly, let me know please, ill tell ya where to go!!
Haha. Thanks man.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I say a mustang is a mustang! If you have a V8, then that's freakin' sweet! If you have a V6, hey that's really cool too! You gotta love what you have, and if you want to upgrade to something with more power, at least it will give you something to look forward to owning someday! Enjoy your ride!
mustang03ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That is my plan as well. Already on the lookout for another fox this weekend to build with my son. Ill use it as a DD until he's old enough! That's awesome! Your post helped me drive the point home with the g/f. She likes the idea even more now. Thank ya!!
Haha no problem man, its kinda harder with a daughter my girl wants our daughter to be girl not knuckle buster
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang03ally
I say a mustang is a mustang! If you have a V8, then that's freakin' sweet! If you have a V6, hey that's really cool too! You gotta love what you have, and if you want to upgrade to something with more power, at least it will give you something to look forward to owning someday! Enjoy your ride!
+1

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP90GT

Haha no problem man, its kinda harder with a daughter my girl wants our daughter to be girl not knuckle buster
I hate tht
I dnt really like girly girls
I've nvr been too girly but not quite a knuckle buster either
just try for midway
and make sure she can take care of a car

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang

I hate tht
I dnt really like girly girls
I've nvr been too girly but not quite a knuckle buster either
just try for midway
and make sure she can take care of a car
Mid way f'in rocks!! I dont like girls that are manly, lol. But to me nothing is sexier than a girl in coveralls changing her own oil, or putting some brakes on!!! Just sayin....
Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mid way f'in rocks!! I dont like girls that are manly, lol. But to me nothing is sexier than a girl in coveralls changing her own oil, or putting some brakes on!!! Just sayin....
Haha yea this was the goal so if she ever became stranded she could take care of herself
Old 01-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Wishing you had a v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
maybe thats why my fiance likes me...lol
Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #49

Best advice is be happy for now it's a great looking ride. You can always add power or change your ride when finances allow. I had V8 power all my life and still dabbled in the V6 once in a while.Wait for your time then buy what you want no matter what anyone would say. Look I'm 67 and just bought an ordered 2011 GT 5.0 6 speed manual. I could care less what people say or think I've never been happier. I'm not ready for the 4 door SUV.
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White
Best advice is be happy for now it's a great looking ride. You can always add power or change your ride when finances allow. I had V8 power all my life and still dabbled in the V6 once in a while.Wait for your time then buy what you want no matter what anyone would say. Look I'm 67 and just bought an ordered 2011 GT 5.0 6 speed manual. I could care less what people say or think I've never been happier. I'm not ready for the 4 door SUV.
That is the best post I've read all day!! You sound like an awesome guy!!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #51

Thanks for the kind words.
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yeah I mean for a first car a v6 mustang is pretty nice. Definitely the best car in the school parking lot. And a GT isnt really practical for me. Not to mention the insurance....
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang
Yeah I mean for a first car a v6 mustang is pretty nice. Definitely the best car in the school parking lot. And a GT isnt really practical for me. Not to mention the insurance....
Greatly put, I wish I still had my v6. Needed no work and looked better than my 5.0 conversion fox.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #54
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

ok...so i guesse i fall somewhere in between. i got the big ram with 8inch lift and 35inch tires. and no, it's not a race car, but i can usualy drive over who ever talks ****....lol. my coupe was a four banger before i turned it into a efi v8. but i have to say.... once you join the so called v-8 club... then you got guys talkn trash cause your **** is stock.... so then you put on some bolt ons... now guys are talkn **** cause you dont have a turbo or blower. so now you get a blower...guys are talkn shot cause you run under 14psi...now the so called big dogs are talkn **** cause u run'n under 500hp @ the wheels...every level is a new club to join, the bull**** never ends. the **** talkn never stops..

enjoy your v-6
enjoy not having single digit gas milage
enjoy not having to run race fuel or a race pump gas mix
enjoy having a mustang
fuk da haters

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
ok...so i guesse i fall somewhere in between. i got the big ram with 8inch lift and 35inch tires. and no, it's not a race car, but i can usualy drive over who ever talks ****....lol. my coupe was a four banger before i turned it into a efi v8. but i have to say.... once you join the so called v-8 club... then you got guys talkn trash cause your **** is stock.... so then you put on some bolt ons... now guys are talkn **** cause you dont have a turbo or blower. so now you get a blower...guys are talkn shot cause you run under 14psi...now the so called big dogs are talkn **** cause u run'n under 500hp @ the wheels...every level is a new club to join, the bull**** never ends. the **** talkn never stops..

enjoy your v-6
enjoy having a mustang
fuk da haters
and thts y I dnt like people
and y I like cars so much better

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
enjoy your v-6
enjoy having a mustang
fuk da haters
I'll enjoy my four cylinder with my triple digit mileage (I wish)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #57
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
I'll enjoy my four cylinder with my triple digit mileage (I wish)
y dont u just convert your 4 banger to a 5.0. then you will have a 5.0 convertible.. i dont like convertibles personaly...but i like other ppl that have them..they r like fish..way too much resonsibility

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

y dont u just convert your 4 banger to a 5.0. then you will have a 5.0 convertible.. i dont like convertibles personaly...but i like other ppl that have them..they r like fish..way too much resonsibility
I would, but I'm not a fan of convertibles either. This is what my dad got me and he's taking me whenever the snow clears up to go and look at a 5.0 hatchback 5spd
Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #59
Titus Wadicus
Regular

too bad your not closer..i would sell you my notch.. it's already wired for a v-8...lol. yea, sounds like u would be happier with a factory 8

Old 01-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770

I would, but I'm not a fan of convertibles either. This is what my dad got me and he's taking me whenever the snow clears up to go and look at a 5.0 hatchback 5spd
So he is taking you to see it? Excellent!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
too bad your not closer..i would sell you my notch.. it's already wired for a v-8...lol. yea, sounds like u would be happier with a factory 8
For now I would be happier with a stock/factory v8. I'm in highschool and want to minimize the amount of potential issues I could have (tickets) but the four cylinder went a little too far lol
Old 01-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

So he is taking you to see it? Excellent!
Yeah waiting for the lady to let us know where to come, and for this f*ing snow to melt.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah waiting for the lady to let us know where to come, and for this f*ing snow to melt.
Hear you about the snow. We got about 6 inches here. At least he agreed to take you to look at it.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Hear you about the snow. We got about 6 inches here. At least he agreed to take you to look at it.
Yup, Sunday snow free. Wake up Monday BAM 4-5 inches of snow, at least I get out off school for two days
Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #65
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
For now I would be happier with a stock/factory v8. I'm in highschool and want to minimize the amount of potential issues I could have (tickets) but the four cylinder went a little too far lol
just goin off of your description, i think you could do better for that price. dont get impatient. i paid 1500 for my gf's hatch with no dents and fresh paint.. and i bought a gt for 1500 wit no interior, perfect body and ran awsome. the way the economy is, you should be patient, someone will b hard up for cash wit a decent driver (stang). something you can enjoy and not have to put it on jackstands the day u bring it home.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

just goin off of your description, i think you could do better for that price. dont get impatient. i paid 1500 for my gf's hatch with no dents and fresh paint.. and i bought a gt for 1500 wit no interior, perfect body and ran awsome. the way the economy is, you should be patient, someone will b hard up for cash wit a decent driver (stang). something you can enjoy and not have to put it on jackstands the day u bring it home.
We are going to look at a hatch that's up for 1650 thats hopefully negotiable.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #67
Road Trip!

Quote:

We are going to look at a hatch that's up for 1650 thats hopefully negotiable.
Its always negotiable!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #68

A bit late on this one, but I love my v6. I get crap from some guys at work, but i could care less. As long as I enjoy it, thats all that matters. I do plan on getting a GT500 once I finish paying it off, but i will still use it as my daily driver
hector234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I understand. We cant all afford the shelbys, saleens, etc. So the V6 is a good car even if it isnt the fastest.
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #70
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by hector234
A bit late on this one, but I love my v6. I get crap from some guys at work, but i could care less. As long as I enjoy it, thats all that matters. I do plan on getting a GT500 once I finish paying it off, but i will still use it as my daily driver
Never driven a Shelby but own v6 and driven gt, the power difference is huge, I can only imagine that once you do get the gt500 you will never want to drive the sixxer again! I'm putting $50 on this, any takers?! Lol
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang