Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Slightly warped block

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Great White 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 mustang with a 3.8L v6 and I'm looking for alternative solutions to fixing the warp it's apparently causing my cylinder heads to Crack please give me a few solutions without machining?

#2 ·
not sure you can do much without machining as the block has to be straight, you can probably buy another 3.8L engine like the ones thats in it for really cheap though.

#4 ·
SpectorV said:
not sure you can do much without machining as the block has to be straight, you can probably buy another 3.8L engine like the ones thats in it for really cheap though.
+1

#6 ·
You say the block is slightly warped. Did it overheat? If so you have a boat anchor and the rings will never seat properly. There are plenty of 3.8's out there and can be bought for a small sum ,less than trying to machine your engine back to health. Once a block warps or is found out of round don't waste your money trying to save it. The 3.8 is a decent engine and they can be made to run without spending a ton of cash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.