Mustang Evolution Forum banner

3.8 flowmaster?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  robb15033 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm getting a muffler soon and I have hears stuff about the flowmasters not sounding great on sixers

Any help is appreciated

#3 ·
they sound about as good as anything will sound, they all sound good down low.. but once you get above about 2500 rpms its all down hill from there :(

#4 ·
+1

#5 ·
There are too many variables to interject and effect the sound of the exact same mufflers car to car. 2.25" midpipe or 2.5" midpipe. "H", "X", divorced duals, catback. A cai, intake spacer, udp, a SCT tuner together after a dyno tune works to make a nice sounding v6.
I am using Flowmaster 10 Series mufflers. Not something for any or all v6 Mustangs but sounds out of this world great on my Mustang with my engine modifications.
Go to YouTube. My FM 10 Series are on there along with the 40 Series, 44 Series, and others that work nice like Thrush Welded, MAC, Corsa, Dynomax, Magnaflow, Ford Racing. The 4" Ford Racing mufflers are one of my favorites now.
Keep looking and do a ton of research. Tons of variations. Have fun with it, it was my favorite part of working on the Mustang (after new gears installed).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.