We got amazingly lucky and managed to get our hands on an immaculate 2001 Oxford White V6 Convertible with black leather interior. I finally managed to wrest the keys away from my better half (lol) and drove it last night for a quick run down the road... which entailed driving through about a 3 mile section of road at a 25mph speed limit that is heavily guarded and enforced (ug) - so I went to set the cruise and I noticed a few things:
1) The Cruise On/Off pad switch (actually all of the cruise button pads) on the steering wheel are mushy as hell with no clear tactile feedback - is this normal?
2) There is absolutely NO indication of any kind that I can find that the cruise is active. No lamps, no lights, nothing except the gas pedal depressing when you finally get the cruise to engage (which was strange also since using the "Set/Accell" didn't initially set it... the "Coast" did which kind of makes the whole reason for putting "Set" on that button wrong to begin with if it doesn't "Set" your desired speed) - Is this also normal?
3) Are these pad buttons supposed to be illuminated?
Along with the above cruise control pads, I noticed the following are also not illuminated:
1) Neither driver nor passenger door window/mirror/lock switches or buttons
2) Convertible Top up/down switch
Is this also normal? We plan on replacing all interior illumination with blue LED's (helped a friend do it with his Acura TL and it looks incredible!) but if there's no pre-existing illumination at these points this could make it a bit more difficult... Please tell me these are supposed to be illuminated!