Cai question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I dont need a new tb or anything for this to fit on my sixxer right? I know. Another dumb question. but it's just stuff. I don't know
Nope. The rubber just goes over the existing tb.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Quote:

U have any issues on install? I've heard some people have issues with it
Nope. Took 10 minutes. I put it all together then massaged it into the fenderwell hole. Piece of cake
Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
K. Sweet. Look I am sorry for asking the same thing I've again. I'll stop. Just thing to get more answers. My bad bro. I'll see if I can scrape 20 $ from my parents in about an hour. I'm going to be pissed if I can't buy it. And then I have to convince them u won't burn me haha
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:
K. Sweet. Look I am sorry for asking the same thing I've again. I'll stop. Just thing to get more answers. My bad bro. I'll see if I can scrape 20 $ from my parents in about an hour. I'm going to be pissed if I can't buy it. And then I have to convince them u won't burn me haha
Its $200. As in two hundred. Twenty might cover the shipping.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I already have 90. I think he said 100. Am has the same one for 175 new
Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
I already have 90. I think he said 100. Am has the same one for 175 new
Eh **** me ur right.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Eh **** me ur right.
Score one for Josh. Haha. It's all good.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:

Score one for Josh. Haha. It's all good.
I must have been thinkin about the one you were looking at new. Ha ha!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Dude. I have a reputation to uphold. I would never be able to live it down if I ripped someone off. And if your telling me you want it for sure I will take it out of the classifieds and hold it for you
Old 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Yup. 100 bucks plus shipping. If your serious I will hold it for you. And just pay me once you have it. No rush. Don't borrow. I can wait a few weeks if your telling me FOR SURE that you want it
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
Yup. 100 bucks plus shipping. If your serious I will hold it for you. And just pay me once you have it. No rush. Don't borrow. I can wait a few weeks if your telling me FOR SURE that you want it
Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can u give me two days to see if I'm positive I want it? I look up to u and not only is it a awesome intake but it would be kinda cool to put something on my car that you had in your possession. Haha. No joke bro.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Can u give me two days to see if I'm positive I want it? I look up to u and not only is it a awesome intake but it would be kinda cool to put something on my car that you had in your possession. Haha. No joke bro.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I think I can get the money in a week if I decide I really want it. If ur willing to wait 2 days
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Yup. If anyone pm's me for it I will tell em I am waiting on you to make a decision. I can wait a couple weeks if your not cash heavy right now. It's on the car right now but I can fix that in 10 minutes. And I won't be able to ship til next Friday. So a week from tomorrow. Think on it
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
I think I can get the money in a week if I decide I really want it. If ur willing to wait 2 days
I can wait a month if that's what it takes for you to get your **** together. No biggie to me. Just don't tell me you want it then in 2 weeks change your mind. If we make a deal stick to it
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Makes you feel oh so special don't it Everett?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
Makes you feel oh so special don't it Everett?
Bwahahaha!! I can only imagine!
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

Bwahahaha!! I can only imagine!
Make us proud sno!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #55
Road Trip!

**** ya snomg. Your alright kid
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I figured it out. Joshy heard these great promises about the gains and got excited. It brings to mind those tornado inserts that you stick in your intake that promise 20hp and cost 20 bucks. Doesn't happen. Joshy, you don't have a lot of money to spend on your car, this means you are out of luck. You need gobs of money to make a v6 fast. There are no miracle products that will give you a decent hp gain for a decent price. I have spent around 1500 on my Stang and she looks and sounds good, but performance wise I would be looking at another couple grand for a decent noticeable increase in power. Work with what you have, and can afford. Make your car look good, wait until you have the money and go for a gt. If you half *** thing now you will regret it ten fold later.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #57
Road Trip!

And honestly joshy you really aren't going to get the performance you seem to want from a sixxer. I will be happy to sell ya this intake if you want it tho. They do look nice. And whistle I guess
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
I figured it out. Joshy heard these great promises about the gains and got excited. It brings to mind those tornado inserts that you stick in your intake that promise 20hp and cost 20 bucks. Doesn't happen. Joshy, you don't have a lot of money to spend on your car, this means you are out of luck. You need gobs of money to make a v6 fast. There are no miracle products that will give you a decent hp gain for a decent price. I have spent around 1500 on my Stang and she looks and sounds good, but performance wise I would be looking at another couple grand for a decent noticeable increase in power. Work with what you have, and can afford. Make your car look good, wait until you have the money and go for a gt. If you half *** thing now you will regret it ten fold later.
Exactly. Advertising is a joke!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Cai question

Oh jesus I can't take it anymore...Everett you talk about the kid not being informed...your BBK 4.6L v8 CAI is not going to fit his 3.8 v6.

The tubing is shaped different, the throttle body opening is much bigger and the rubber pieces probably won't work. Not to mention the MAF sensor wouldn't work the v8 tubing, especially come tuning time. You'd basically have to piece the intake together: mixed parts from his BBK CAI and rubber fittings/your MAF. Then he'd have to plug the extra holes on the upper tube.

I don't know if you do know this and are trying to rip him off or you honestly aren't aware.

Joshy - yes the gains from any CAI on a 99-04 v6 are going to minimal if any. Maybe a couple hp...no one has really bothered to dyno the CAI since it costs more to do so than to just buy a tuner or gears or something more effective.

If you want the look of the polished CAI, and the whistle sound it gives off, get the American Muscle CAI for $75 and be done. I have the same intake and am happy with it. There is a nice whistle when accelerating and after 1st shifts to 2nd.

Or buy a Bomz CAI on ebay for $40. I know a lot of guys who have them and are happy as well.

And everyone lay off the kid...if he wants to buy a CAI let him...maybe he wants one for the looks and whiste...who cares, it's his car. You've voiced your opinion regarding CAI's, leave it at that. This includes STAFF members as well.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
**** ya snomg. Your alright kid
Thanks bro. Means a lot man. Sorry for posting stuff over and over again. I get carried away. And I'll let u know in a couple days. Thanks so much for holding it.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:

Thanks bro. Means a lot man. Sorry for posting stuff over and over again. I get carried away. And I'll let u know in a couple days. Thanks so much for holding it.
Oh my god this kid...he was talking to me. "SnOmg" = "sno4life"
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And honestly joshy you really aren't going to get the performance you seem to want from a sixxer. I will be happy to sell ya this intake if you want it tho. They do look nice. And whistle I guess
Yah I know. I just want some bite. Or at least a mean bark. Haha. I'll buy a V8 hopefully in a couple years. First on my list is a truck for winter.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yah I know. I just want some bite. Or at least a mean bark. Haha. I'll buy a V8 hopefully in a couple years. First on my list is a truck for winter.
A CAI is not going to give you a ****ing bark...
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Oh jesus I can't take it anymore...Everett you talk about the kid not being informed...your BBK 4.6L v8 CAI is not going to fit his 3.8 v6.

The tubing is shaped different, the throttle body opening is much bigger and the rubber pieces probably won't work. Not to mention the MAF sensor wouldn't work the v8 tubing, especially come tuning time. You'd basically have to piece the intake together: mixed parts from his BBK CAI and rubber fittings/your MAF. Then he'd have to plug the extra holes on the upper tube.

I don't know if you do know this and are trying to rip him off or you honestly aren't aware.

Joshy - yes the gains from any CAI on a 99-04 v6 are going to minimal if any. Maybe a couple hp...no one has really bothered to dyno the CAI since it costs more to do so than to just buy a tuner or gears or something more effective.

If you want the look of the polished CAI, and the whistle sound it gives off, get the American Muscle CAI for $75 and be done. I have the same intake and am happy with it. There is a nice whistle when accelerating and after 1st shifts to 2nd.

Or buy a Bomz CAI on ebay for $40. I know a lot of guys who have them and are happy as well.

And everyone lay off the kid...if he wants to buy a CAI let him...maybe he wants one for the looks and whiste...who cares, it's his car. You've voiced your opinion regarding CAI's, leave it at that. This includes STAFF members as well.
Thanks for the back up. And I was wondering about that fitting too. I wasn't sure if he had a 8 or not.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

If it really won't fit then I'm sorry to say that I shouldn't buy it. Lol.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #66
Road Trip!

Quote:
If it really won't fit then I'm sorry to say that I shouldn't buy it. Lol.
No ****. Its also not gonna do anything to ur car performance wise and will not nake your car sound like a dog. Lmao
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

No ****. Its also not gonna do anything to ur car performance wise and will not nake your car sound like a dog. Lmao
Can I nit just get a strait answer from u? Damn dude. What the he'll did I do to u. And I thought it was cool I smoked that 4 cylinder. He was talking **** all the time and I defended American muscle no matter how crappy of a race it was I still won.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #68
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hey. Don't sweat it. And buddy up there says my cai won't fit on your sixxer so maybe google it before you commit. And it's alright to ask questions man. All of us started somewhere
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey. Don't sweat it. And buddy up there says my cai won't fit on your sixxer so maybe google it before you commit. And it's alright to ask questions man. All of us started somewhere
So u think it will fit? I mite have to fire up google. Haha
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #70
Road Trip!

Quote:

Can I nit just get a strait answer from u? Damn dude. What the he'll did I do to u. And I thought it was cool I smoked that 4 cylinder. He was talking **** all the time and I defended American muscle no matter how crappy of a race it was I still won.
If u absorbed any information that everett has been trying to give you for days, we wldnt be having this conversation. TTT PROSPECT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai