Cai question - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

So u think it will fit? I mite have to fire up google. Haha
I really don't know. I have a gt. They might be different. Go to American muscle and see what the differences are.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

I really don't know. I have a gt. They might be different. Go to American muscle and see what the differences are.
K. I'll check it out.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Final post you'll get some under the hood looks, if you want that got for it, just remember it's looks only, no performance. I've seen people spend way more on billet caps to spice up the engine bay.
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #74
Road Trip!

And they do look good joshy. But they gave no performance gain so if mine don't fit for you just get a cheapie. Or maybe is your gonna put colour under the hood match it with the exterior paint. I have all chrome accesories under my hood. Chrome oil fill and dipstick. Chrome caps on the computer modules. What colour is your car joshy
Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Everett is right, does look better than stock. If you approach it from a looks standpoint and want to spend the money then great, your engine bay will look nicer. I have no problem with making the engine prettier to look at. Hell I just say a chromed out crate 5.0 that made me want to cry, it was beautiful!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
Everett is right, does look better than stock. If you approach it from a looks standpoint and want to spend the money then great, your engine bay will look nicer. I have no problem with making the engine prettier to look at. Hell I just say a chromed out crate 5.0 that made me want to cry, it was beautiful!
That even sounds sexy. Hey joshy a chrome cai,chrome valve covers and then the little chrome accesories like I have and your under hood would be f-ing awesome. Just a thought. Or maybe paint valve covers same colour of car. Something to make it stand out. Keep us informed joshy. And whatever you decide make sure you get pics before and after.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And they do look good joshy. But they gave no performance gain so if mine don't fit for you just get a cheapie. Or maybe is your gonna put colour under the hood match it with the exterior paint. I have all chrome accesories under my hood. Chrome oil fill and dipstick. Chrome caps on the computer modules. What colour is your car joshy
It's a dark blue like this one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1699997736.png
Views:	50
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	23894  
Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Nice. I like that colour. Maybe try do do something like a paint scheme under the hood using that colour. Gimme some of your thoughts. What are your affordable plans for the car. I will help ya in any way I can
Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice. I like that colour. Maybe try do do something like a paint scheme under the hood using that colour. Gimme some of your thoughts. What are your affordable plans for the car. I will help ya in any way I can
Thanks man. Well I was thinking grey lemans striping to go with my custom side stripes and grey mustang inserts on rear. And I have chrome AmericanRacing wheels so I am getting chrome fog lights and as far as paint scheme. Idk. I have reverse glow gauges off am and I want to get red and blue stereo too. What ideas do you have?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Honestly you got it pretty much covered. Your combo sounds great. I bet it looks just mint once finished. What about under hood. Any firm plans or still just bouncing ideas around
Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Honestly you got it pretty much covered. Your combo sounds great. I bet it looks just mint once finished. What about under hood. Any firm plans or still just bouncing ideas around
Thanks yah I'll post some pics soon. Other than a intake not really. U have any ideas? I saw the chrome combo thin on AM but idk how it would look. My engine is really dirty. Haha. How do I even clean it?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Simple green can work wonders. That and a wire brush, just use some good old fashioned elbow grease and you can make her look like new.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #83
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:

Thanks yah I'll post some pics soon. Other than a intake not really. U have any ideas? I saw the chrome combo thin on AM but idk how it would look. My engine is really dirty. Haha. How do I even clean it?
Powerwasher and attention to detail. Lots of degreaser.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Simple green can work wonders. That and a wire brush, just use some good old fashioned elbow grease and you can make her look like new.
Is simple green a chemical? Where do you get it?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #85
Road Trip!

Quote:

Is simple green a chemical? Where do you get it?
I'm sure WalMart has it.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Powerwasher and attention to detail. Lots of degreaser.
I think I will do a engine clean this weekend. I'll borrow my friends power washer and Wash it with the engine running so I know I'm not flooding it.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm sure WalMart has it.
I'll look for it
Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Don't waste your money with bbl or k&n. Your buying the name, I bought the am one and it is amazing. Everyone comments that it makes my engine look so much better. It also improved my mpg by 1-2
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #89
Road Trip!

Quote:
Good advice. And when you rince off all the crap off the engine make sure it's running and you take it for a good drive to evaporate all the water or you might have some stalling issues. And what if you just painted some of the things under hood same colour as car. Like real cool contrast under there. Lalayla is artsy. Maybe she could give you an idea of how to finish. Whatever you figure I am sure it will look good. No rice.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #90
Road Trip!

Quote:

I think I will do a engine clean this weekend. I'll borrow my friends power washer and Wash it with the engine running so I know I'm not flooding it.
Just be careful around electronics and such. I did the engine on my Cobra and it looks brand new!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll
Don't waste your money with bbl or k&n. Your buying the name, I bought the am one and it is amazing. Everyone comments that it makes my engine look so much better. It also improved my mpg by 1-2
K... Did you even read the thread. We have already established that on a sn95 a cai doesn't do ****. So pehaps you should have written dont waste your money and ended the sentence/paragraph/comment. And I doubt whole heartfelt it helped your mileage. Perhaps the new filter gave you an improvement but I promise you it wasn't the intake. On an 05 and newer do respond well to a cai but it common knowledge that on our cars they look nice
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just be careful around electronics and such. I did the engine on my Cobra and it looks brand new!
I cleaned mine with a wire brush and a few rags. Engine looks beautiful
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

K... Did you even read the thread. We have already established that on a sn95 a cai doesn't do ****. So pehaps you should have written dont waste your money and ended the sentence/paragraph/comment. And I doubt whole heartfelt it helped your mileage. Perhaps the new filter gave you an improvement but I promise you it wasn't the intake. On an 05 and newer do respond well to a cai but it common knowledge that on our cars they look nice
Okay I know what it did and what it gave me. I used to get 15 now I get 17-18. And a deeper exhaust sound
Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
K. I think that's the rout I will go. It will atleast look nice
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good advice. And when you rince off all the crap off the engine make sure it's running and you take it for a good drive to evaporate all the water or you might have some stalling issues. And what if you just painted some of the things under hood same colour as car. Like real cool contrast under there. Lalayla is artsy. Maybe she could give you an idea of how to finish. Whatever you figure I am sure it will look good. No rice.
I never thought of that.Good idea. I mite give that a shot. Should I get high heat paint?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay I know what it did and what it gave me. I used to get 15 now I get 17-18. And a deeper exhaust sound
I've heard the same thing. Your fighting a lost battle dude. Trust me. Haha. I tried. I'll see for myself in about a week. I've heard anything from "it doesn't do ****" to "it's so amazing" haha
Old 02-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #97
Road Trip!

Quote:

I've heard the same thing. Your fighting a lost battle dude. Trust me. Haha. I tried. I'll see for myself in about a week. I've heard anything from "it doesn't do ****" to "it's so amazing" haha
They don't do ****. I race my f-ing car. Like I said if there was any gain I would be keeping mine. Duh. And joshy. Your a god kid. Advertisers lie so you buy their ****. Kids who still live at home with their parents aren't really a resource for good advice and oh ya A CAI ON A NEW EDGE DOESN'T DO ****. But looks real nice. Before you put it on the joshy clean it up under there. And if we are busting your balls kid don't take it to heart. Your a mustanger dude. Thick skin comes with the territory. And honestly of you have questions pm me first so you don't get flamed out here in the population. If I can answer I will help you word it right so no one gives you a hard time. Never stop learning. And oh ya A CAI ON A NEW EDGE DOESN'T DO ****. But they look nice
Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #98
Road Trip!

Quote:

I never thought of that.Good idea. I mite give that a shot. Should I get high heat paint?
Well something that can withstand maybe 250*. Unless your painting the block. Hey. Is your fuel rail chrome. They would look awesome painted to match your car. And if you want real gains bolt a windstar on. I saw a complete kit with everything you need for the swap is like 250. At least get that 6th sucking enough air to make a cai worth having. Do you want me to inquire about that upgrade
Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They don't do ****. I race my f-ing car. Like I said if there was any gain I would be keeping mine. Duh. And joshy. Your a god kid. Advertisers lie so you buy their ****. Kids who still live at home with their parents aren't really a resource for good advice and oh ya A CAI ON A NEW EDGE DOESN'T DO ****. But looks real nice. Before you put it on the joshy clean it up under there. And if we are busting your balls kid don't take it to heart. Your a mustanger dude. Thick skin comes with the territory. And honestly of you have questions pm me first so you don't get flamed out here in the population. If I can answer I will help you word it right so no one gives you a hard time. Never stop learning. And oh ya A CAI ON A NEW EDGE DOESN'T DO ****. But they look nice
Haha. Dude ur a riot. Yah I'll pm u if I have any more questions that need answered reliably. Thanks for being cool to me bro. I was just letting him know we've already been through the discussion. I'll clean out my engine this weekend and get ready for a intake. Thanks for all your help and integrity lol. Very helpful
Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well something that can withstand maybe 250*. Unless your painting the block. Hey. Is your fuel rail chrome. They would look awesome painted to match your car. And if you want real gains bolt a windstar on. I saw a complete kit with everything you need for the swap is like 250. At least get that 6th sucking enough air to make a cai worth having. Do you want me to inquire about that upgrade
About what upgrade?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #101
Road Trip!

Quote:

Haha. Dude ur a riot. Yah I'll pm u if I have any more questions that need answered reliably. Thanks for being cool to me bro. I was just letting him know we've already been through the discussion. I'll clean out my engine this weekend and get ready for a intake. Thanks for all your help and integrity lol. Very helpful
Kid your alright. You really frustrate me but in the end it's worth it. And don't let a little ball breaking chase you off,I am glad to have you here
Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #102
Road Trip!

Quote:

About what upgrade?
A windstar intake manifold. Do that before the cai. The is a company that sells complete kits so you don't have to **** around chasing parts
Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Kid your alright. You really frustrate me but in the end it's worth it. And don't let a little ball breaking chase you off,I am glad to have you here
Thanks man. I'm glad to be here. I'll try painting it. I'll figure out what I can paint and then I'll get good paint that will last with the heat
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #104
Road Trip!

Quote:

About what upgrade?
He Ford Windstar minivan intake manifold. Believe it or not, its an upgrade from your stock piece.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #105
Road Trip!

Quote:

Thanks man. I'm glad to be here. I'll try painting it. I'll figure out what I can paint and then I'll get good paint that will last with the heat
Just have a plan and stick to it. It will look great in the end

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai