What now??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: What now???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
I'm going to sum this up for everyone:

Gears - great idea, probably one of the best things you can do for a v6 mustang or any mustang for that matter. Basically, get them.

The mpg's lost are worth the gain. Maybe .5-1mpg on the highway. You'll probably see a slight increase in city mpg.

Tuner - you will need the tuner to adjust the speedo after the gear change. So, if you buy gears first, don't install them until you get the tuner. If you buy the tuner first, use it then send a request for an updated tune including your gears when the time comes.
+1
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
I'm going to sum this up for everyone:

Gears - great idea, probably one of the best things you can do for a v6 mustang or any mustang for that matter. Basically, get them.

The mpg's lost are worth the gain. Maybe .5-1mpg on the highway. You'll probably see a slight increase in city mpg.

Tuner - you will need the tuner to adjust the speedo after the gear change. So, if you buy gears first, don't install them until you get the tuner. If you buy the tuner first, use it then send a request for an updated tune including your gears when the time comes.
Agreed
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I do. I was told by a very reliable source. He's tried it and said it's not worth it.
Joshy, honestly I think a whole community/ fourm of mustang enthusists out power 1 mechanic. I was sceptic on the gears too, $150-$160 isn't easy to come by for me (being a 16 year old in high school) but after hearing nothing but good things about them there currently the highest thing on my list of mods (tuner is 2nd). I'm new here too but the point is we should take into conditeration of what they have to say, I would listen to all these mustang enthusists and modders over a single mechanic any day.
Bongstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

I do. I was told by a very reliable source. He's tried it and said it's not worth it.
I don't really care about this argument... Everyone has different point of views... Maybe your mechanic has a heavy foot...
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Joshy. You are dealing with a bunch of Internet know it alls. Me being included. Opinions are like ********, everybody has one. If there is a friend of yours who you trust, you should just take the opinion of your friend. Honestly. Buy the parts you want and put them on your car. CAI,tuner,exhaust,gears,pulleys,etc. Do what you can afford at the time. Ask us about install prices so you don't get shafted. All of those mods you want. Just do it already.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Joshy. You are dealing with a bunch of Internet know it alls. Me being included. Opinions are like ********, everybody has one. If there is a friend of yours who you trust, you should just take the opinion of your friend. Honestly. Buy the parts you want and put them on your car. CAI,tuner,exhaust,gears,pulleys,etc. Do what you can afford at the time. Ask us about install prices so you don't get shafted. All of those mods you want. Just do it already.
Devil's advocate...
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Joshy were not forceing you to get or not get what you do or don't want. Were just here to help you, we all have experince and were trying to tell you our point of view, weather you want to use it or not, it dosnt matter, were just all trying to help.
Bongstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

They have plenty of idiots who work for Ford or any other dealer. I find that most mechanics in the dealerships have no knowledge about most of the aftermarket industry and aren't really interested in it. It drives me crazy. You would think these guys are gung ho about the type of vehicle they work for.. they aren't. Don't trust that guy as he is obviously not well versed in a performance market. The gas may change by a 1mpg interval. Minimal.

Lastly, in my 2001 going from 3.23s to 4.30s really made no significant impact on my MPG.

Everett, since you failed ... I'll post your required response for you... to the OP: Blower. End of All. Blower. You just need a ****ing Blower! (edit: NVM you made a forced induction comment)
Yup. I got to that already. Hehehe

Built 2 Last
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:05 AM   #44

Region: Alabama
Joshy: A lot of ford mechanics build sick cars in their off time, apparently the one you talked to was doing it wrong or is related to you and has your mom telling him you'll shoot your eye out. Next he'll be telling you single port is better than split port. /facepalm.

My 95 had 3.73s behind a t5 and it was night and day acceleration wise, gearing is *very* important, and the factory v6 ratio is balls.

On topic: sct tuner -> gears -> windstar intake kit -> nitrous -> bigger injectors/maf to install when you get the -> turbo or supercharger -> spare engine for when you grenade the 3.rodslinger/ 3.blownheadgasket. -> v8 or spend a ton beefing up the v6 after you grenade a few with boost/nitrous. Id also keep a spare pair of undies in the car if you get to nitrous . Passengers sharting themselves is a known side-effect of boost/nitrous

That's the general roadmap, suspension upgrades can be thrown in somewhere and if its a street car the 99+ cobra irs is a nice upgrade
redsledd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

I put 373 in mine you'll get better mpg in city and about 2 mpg less on highway but you can ready notice the differance from 0-60
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007STANG
I put 373 in mine you'll get better mpg in city and about 2 mpg less on highway but you can ready notice the differance from 0-60
I was going to put in 410 though. Not 373. So is it still the same gain? I'm not saying you guys are wrong I'm just wondering.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:

I was going to put in 410 though. Not 373. So is it still the same gain? I'm not saying you guys are wrong I'm just wondering.
4.10s will pull harder than 3.73s

Built 2 Last
Old 03-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Built 2 Last
Ok. Sounds pretty good then
Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Built 2 Last
Will I even be able to burn out with a TLock? I'm not too sure I would be able to. And does installing TLock cause complications a little later on?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:

Will I even be able to burn out with a TLock? I'm not too sure I would be able to. And does installing TLock cause complications a little later on?
See my post on the other thread you asked the question.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I bet Joshy will be a walking Mustang Modifications Encyclopedia in a few months.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
I bet Joshy will be a walking Mustang Modifications Encyclopedia in a few months.
I highly doubt that. It seems like things go in one ear and out the other for him. We can only hope
Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

I highly doubt that. It seems like things go in one ear and out the other for him. We can only hope
I retain just about everything. The only reason I dispute or disagree is to get more info about the post. I do take it all into consideration. Btw. Thanks for the faith
Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:

I retain just about everything. The only reason I dispute or disagree is to get more info about the post. I do take it all into consideration. Btw. Thanks for the faith
Idk...it took you a while to understand that a cai isnt gonna give you an increase in hp for a new edge. And im still not sure you understand that.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Idk...it took you a while to understand that a cai isnt gonna give you an increase in hp for a new edge. And im still not sure you understand that.
I don't care about an increase even. It's a show mod and I already knew that. I only expected less than 10 hp anyway. That's what my Mechanic friend told me a long time ago. And the intake is 75. So y not.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hehehe. Oh snomg. Take it easy on em

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hehehe. Oh snomg. Take it easy on em

Built 2 Last TTT
Thank you. Lol
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:

I don't care about an increase even. It's a show mod and I already knew that. I only expected less than 10 hp anyway. That's what my Mechanic friend told me a long time ago. And the intake is 75. So y not.
I dont mean to be mean but you said originally that you expected a 15 hp increase. it took everett 3 days to convince u that ur mechanic friend is wrong (for like the 5th time) and ur not gonna get an increase in hp at all.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #59
Road Trip!

You guys know this is a tech thread right? Please take this convo to the BS thread. Thanks guys.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f311/t286237/

Attention: You are commenting in a technical area of the site that does not allow any off topic discussions. Please insure that your post is on topic before posting.

You guys on the app can't see this message, that's why Brent posted about it the other day.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
You guys know this is a tech thread right? Please take this convo to the BS thread. Thanks guys.

Attention: You are commenting in a technical area of the site that does not allow any off topic discussions. Please insure that your post is on topic before posting.

You guys on the app can't see this message, that's why Brent posted about it the other day.
Sorry. Got ahead of myself
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

It's about the technical hp increase of a CAI. It's definitely on topoc
Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I dont mean to be mean but you said originally that you expected a 15 hp increase. it took everett 3 days to convince u that ur mechanic friend is wrong (for like the 5th time) and ur not gonna get an increase in hp at all.
I only expect 15 with a tune anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang