help??? help me get this pony on the road once again desperate - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
help??? help me get this pony on the road once again desperate

my dad and i rebuilt my 1995 v6 mustang from the block up and now it is not starting i put many painstaking hours into this car so hopefully i can get some trouble shooting tips to make this pony gallop down the highway
i can fill you in on any details you may need...just ask

1. i changed all of the gaskets (no leaks at all)
2.i turned the key to disperse the engine with the distribution coil disconnected
3. there is fuel pressure/gasoline in the rail
4.when i did turn the key it started quickly for 2 seconds and it went back to just normal cranking and when i let go of the key i heard a piece in the front still turning fast and then it slowly came to a stop
5. when i was done for the night i left the car while i was hearing a clicking intermittently in the engine i disconnected the battery and it still clicked

initially i came to 2 solutions 1.bad firing order or 2. bad starter what do you guys say?

Pascullon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Region: South Carolina
Recheck the firing order. If it's a stick and the starter is shot try push starting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
Region: Alabama
Find where the clicking is coming from, exactly..first stop id make is the relay center on the driver fenderwell under the hood. Second, 95s have coil packs controlled by the crank and cam position sensor, did you remove the sensor during the rebuild and have you checked to see if its 180 out. Don't try to push start a fresh engine, my #3 rod broke after a failed push start at a subway in the new sixer 3.8s are plentiful at the upullit type junkyards and a starter is pretty cheap at those type places. Good luck, a few years ago when I built a 3.8 for a 95 I was told it took a stealership tool to get that camshaft position sensor back in but with enough patience and a hot battery you could probably just keep removing and installing it shifting it one tooth at a time to get back to the right position. Id check around though as tbh that is a frustrating way of doing it and should be considered a last resort, maybe an easy way to set the position correctly has been devised in the last 5 years.
redsledd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang