underdrive pulley kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
underdrive pulley kit

For some reason I can't find any underdrive pulley kits for my 3.8 v6 for anything less than 230 and those are from asp. If anyone has a UDP kit or knows where I can get one new or used please let me know.
Thanks guys
Nate.
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate
For some reason I can't find any underdrive pulley kits for my 3.8 v6 for anything less than 230 and those are from asp. If anyone has a UDP kit or knows where I can get one new or used please let me know.
Thanks guys
Nate.
Well I dunno if they will fit your car but I have the alternator pulley and water pump pulley from March. They are polished. I don't know if they will fit your car tho. If you want to research it I will let em go for 50 bucks

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Alright. Ill get the specs off them and let you know buddy. Thanks.

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate
Alright. Ill get the specs off them and let you know buddy. Thanks.

go slow when your dead
K...I have em listed here. They are the set for the 01-04 2v. 99-00 had a different water pump pulley. It's wider than the 01-04. That why I haven't put em on. I have a 2000. I am just gonna put the crank one on.

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
I've got a 2000 as well. Did you buy a kit? Because my goal is to turn the engine quicker but like I said udp kits for a 2000 v6 are few and far between. Its rediculous you can get the same thing for a v8 for 50 bucks lol

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate
I've got a 2000 as well. Did you buy a kit? Because my goal is to turn the engine quicker but like I said udp kits for a 2000 v6 are few and far between. Its rediculous you can get the same thing for a v8 for 50 bucks lol

go slow when your dead
Well I think I paid 150 or something for all 3 but I like the black look and these are polished. I want it lookin stock. I hid my nitrous lines and painted the ones you could see black so looks like nothing special.

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Nice man. How much did it run you for the nitrous?

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Well I think I paid 150 or something for all 3 but I like the black look and these are polished. I want it lookin stock. I hid my nitrous lines and painted the ones you could see black so looks like nothing special.

Built 2 Last TTT
I like my shiny ones, they look pretty.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
I think I wanna go with polished. It gives it a nice look I think.

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate
Nice man. How much did it run you for the nitrous?

go slow when your dead
Wadaya mean. How many horse or what did it cost

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate
Nice man. How much did it run you for the nitrous?

go slow when your dead
You can get a Nitrous Express efi wet kit for $400 on LRS.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

You can get a Nitrous Express efi wet kit for $400 on LRS.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
And nitrous express is a really good company. Better than what I got.

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Damn dude. I am definately going to have to invest.

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Their plate systems are the best out there. I have a zex wet kit. It was cost effective and will spray up to 175. The nitrous express fogger system will do double that

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

And nitrous express is a really good company. Better than what I got.

Built 2 Last TTT
I ran a NX kit for years, never had any problems with it, never blew up an engine with it. Best solenoids on the market!

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I ran a NX kit for years, never had any problems with it, never blew up an engine with it. Best solenoids on the market!

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
Well how big of a shot did you use?

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate

Well how big of a shot did you use?

go slow when your dead
I had nitrous in my 88 Honda Accord and my 03 Lancer. Accord had 270k and ran a 75 shot. Never blew it up.
Lancer had a 50 shot, just so it could keep up with other imports lol.
Yeah, I used to be one of those guys.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I had nitrous in my 88 Honda Accord and my 03 Lancer. Accord had 270k and ran a 75 shot. Never blew it up.
Lancer had a 50 shot, just so it could keep up with other imports lol.
Yeah, I used to be one of those guys.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
Well I'm glad you've converted ) I was goina say a 75 should be fine lol

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate

Well I'm glad you've converted ) I was goina say a 75 should be fine lol

go slow when your dead
Anything more than 75 in a sixxer better be tuned properly for it,retarding the timing for sure

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
I like watching the videos on YouTube with people blowing up their cars. I am too cautious to spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
I like watching the videos on YouTube with people blowing up their cars. I am too cautious to spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
K...nitrous is like any power adder. Tuning is everything. A wet kit is safer than dry but you need time in between runs so the puddles of fuel don't blow the intake off. And a v8 is fine up til you pass 100 hp...after that you need to ****** timing and tune properly. 100 and under the ecu compensates fine.

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
How many pulls would one expect out of a bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
How many pulls would one expect out of a bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
On a 75 shot in my 15 lbs bottle is supposed to last 200 seconds...I don't know how accurate that is. Mine lasts about 2 weeks on a 75. And I am out every night ripping on er...the only night I got to the track it lasted 12 passes at 150

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
What Everett is saying is accurate. Would you put a blower on the car without tuning? Also, contrary to popular belief, nitrous oxide is non-flammable.
The nitrogen particles buffer what the pure oxygen particles help the extra fuel burn. More air+more fuel=more power. Exact same thing blowers and turbos do except forced induction just squeezes the air more compactly.
Hope this helps.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
The reason nitrous has a bad name is because idiots use too much, or don't tune correctly for it.
I watched a guy a few years ago in a Camaro stick a piston into the track because he thought he could control the flow of the nitrous with the bottle valve and a hose stuck in his carb. Idiots.....
That probably equaled like a 2000 shot.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Haha serves him right. People like that have more money than brains...

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
The reason nitrous has a bad name is because idiots use too much, or don't tune correctly for it.
I watched a guy a few years ago in a Camaro stick a piston into the track because he thought he could control the flow of the nitrous with the bottle valve and a hose stuck in his carb. Idiots.....
That probably equaled like a 2000 shot.

'93 Cobra (Show) '86 Vert (DD)
Omg I am gonna pee

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
I watched a mustang blow out the intake, the guy was squirting 150

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
I watched a mustang blow out the intake, the guy was squirting 150

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
After how many runs...I saw that once but it was his 3rd run and he had fuel puddle in the intake....kaboom

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Don't know, i think I saw it on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vee63ate
For some reason I can't find any underdrive pulley kits for my 3.8 v6 for anything less than 230 and those are from asp. If anyone has a UDP kit or knows where I can get one new or used please let me know.
Thanks guys
Nate.
Alright I had this same problem... So here you go... Go to this website. www.rpm.com or give them a call at (281) 416-4412
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #32
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

Alright I had this same problem... So here you go... Go to this website. www.rpm.com or give them a call at (281) 416-4412
Http://www.rpmoutlet.com
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,801
This pulley kit comes with the two pulleys with a belt for $199.99.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
This pulley kit comes with the two pulleys with a belt for $199.99.
Thanks a lot buddy. I actually found one from bbk but it doesn't come with a belt. Do you know what size I would need?

go slow when your dead
00vee63ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #35
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,801
No sorry not that advanced yet.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
underdrive pulley blackonblack Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 17 12-29-2009 09:46 PM
Underdrive Pulley mrjones3133 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 11 08-10-2009 04:58 PM
Underdrive pulley obxdude018 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 07-27-2009 05:07 PM
underdrive pulley Risingsun 1979-1995 Mustang GT 5 07-15-2009 11:13 PM
underdrive pulley 232SCstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 34 01-10-2004 07:48 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:29 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.